Nu Eau de Parfum (2001)

SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchPinault-Printemps-Redoute > Gucci Group > YSL Beaute

About Nu Eau de Parfum

The first YSL scent since Gucci took over in 1999. Packaged in cobalt blue glass, with notes of White Orchid and Incense. 'Nu' is French for nude.

Nu Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Nu Eau de Parfum

Salutation.

A sensual fusion between the intense passion of a heroine and the timeless power of YSL.the structure of NU is oriental that evokes a timeless era of femininity.she turns up her natural charm and distiction into a true power of attraction for a unforgettable moment of sensual abandon.i really love this passionate,Powerful, Exciting,Spicy,Sensual, Glamorous,Intriguing,Classy and Gorgeous scent.

The fragrance composition on cardamom head notes more freshed with a hint of bergamot.at the heart a bewitching orchid accord by a full note of incense and exotic touches of jasmine which add sensuality and powerful to the scent and harmonize over a luxurious and special base rife with woody notes.the result is an intense and seductive fusion for the ultimate woman.it is perfect for a special evening in autumn/winter.

Sillage?Impressive.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

7.5/10
09th June, 2015
Nu perfectly fits my idea that when you find yourself facing a good fragrance, it doesn't matter if it's niche or designer, masculine or feminine, new or vintage, classic or modern...it's just good and all you can do is to enjoy it.

This is when Tom Ford used to be brilliant, passionate and smart just right before his ego turned into an oversized monster. During those years he delivered, together with extremely talented perfumers, a bunch of outstanding fragrances that people still love and will always love (Envy, Envy For Men, Gucci Pour Homme I, Rive Gauche Pour Hommme, M7, a bunch of Kouros flankers....Nu).

The fragrance opens with a catchy citrus/frankincense combo enriched by a modern peppery note. Just terrific. The orchid accord breaks in almost right away introducing a synthetic woody base with a remarkable spicy (cardamom) presence while incense provides a slightly sexy/smoky vibe. Ok, there's something synthetic going on here, but it's nowhere close to the overwhelming assault we often witness in most of today's compositions. The synthetic aspect is carefully balanced with the rest and handled to provide depth and complexity. Perfectly contextualized and never overdone. If you're into spicy orientals you can't miss NU.

Reasonably powerful, long lasting, nice projection. A fine feminine composition that turns to be terrific on a man.

11th March, 2012
this is a very heavy scent suitable for old women only. spices and woods and incence and a bit of cinnamon. too strong and overpowering, annoyes anyone who is sitting next to you. smells like church and it reminds me of death and graves.the worse purchase i've ever made.
09th March, 2012
The opening comes on very strong, but I like its spiciness and peppery sting. I immediately smell the incense from the base, and I think for an instant or two that this is a fragrance that I will certainly enjoy. Then comes the orchid note... and from that point all bets are off. I hate that orchid note – to me it is somewhat comparable to a rotten green pepper note. Oh well…
03rd December, 2010
On me the creamy White Orchid stands out as the topnote then it drops into the blend and a tangyish note comes out -I associate Bergamot with Earl Grey Tea so I assume it to be more from the Vetyver with the Bergamot supporting for a crisp tangy root-crunch .From top to bottom I smell the spices .Nu does remind me of Opium but it also recalls Gres Cabaret .To my mind Nu could be described as a combination of Opium and Cabaret with White Orchids on top.
02nd September, 2010
Bigsly Show all reviews
I can see the comparison to Oscar Pour Lui, but it's more like the new formulation of it, which is more "compressed," whereas the original formulation had more "space" between the notes. One difference is that OPL has a more earthy quality, whereas Nu EdP feels lighter. However, I can understand why some think it smells synthetic or medicinal. I'm not sure if it was meant to smell this way, or if this was the best they could do to achieve a certain kind of desired effect. You might have to give yourself time to grow accustomed to the scent, which of course some people just don't want to do (as is their right). It has a kind of internal dynamism, but otherwise doesn't change much for hours. One spray to the chest lasts me for a dozen hours or more, and the sillage is just right. Because it is a bit of an odd smell, not as "natural" as OPL, I only wear this one every two or three months at most, but I do enjoy it most of the time.
01st May, 2010

Add your review of Nu Eau de Parfum

Shop for Nu Eau de Parfum products online

Shop for Nu Eau de Parfum at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Nu Eau de Parfum

Member images of Nu Eau de Parfum

There are no member images of Nu Eau de Parfum yet. Why not be the first?