Opium Eau d'Été (2002)

HouseYves Saint Laurent
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchPinault-Printemps-Redoute > Gucci Group > YSL Beaute

About Opium Eau d'Été

Opium Eau d'Été is a feminine perfume by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2002

Reviews of Opium Eau d'Été

Opium Eau d'Été has a delicious myrrh that sort of stands out, dominatrix style. Grrr. I always liked that myrrh note in original Opium. Opium itself? I call it amazing, maybe one of the best of those really big 80's fragrances, but its character has always been problematic - so big, so aldehydic, so abused. A Sillage Monster. So an 'Opium Light' was a good idea. Eau d'Été is successful in taming the monster so you can wear it in daytime and not overwhelm people around you. It smells like Opium, retains the richness, with more air and less assaulting aldehydes. It's called Eau but it would have to go a long ways to be considered a water of anything. It's still a fragrance with presence. Blessedly non-gourmand, there's no sugar or food elements to get in the way of its smolder, which is still considerable. But it's civilized to a sensuous purr. This one works much better for me than original Opium. There are still plenty of aldehydes in Eau d'Ete, but it's not especially sneezy. I think people would enjoy smelling this on you instead of running the other way, as Opium could make people do.

Bergamot, orange, mandarin, myrrh, jasmine, carnation, patchouli, vanilla.
13th April, 2015 (last edited: 15th April, 2015)
I bought this on Ebay thinking that I was bidding on the original Opium; When it came in the mail I was kind of angry at first because I felt it was mis -advertised. I sampled it anyway and now I love it!! I owned the original Opium long ago and loved it. This version is much lighter, but I feel it still has the same delicious spicy character and feel of the original. I would have never thought of layering regular Opium with another perfume because it is so strong on its own, but with Opium D'ete I discovered that I can layer it with different scents that compliment each others notes. Believe it or not, Marc Jacobs Blush smells really nice with D'ete...Blush's rich jasmine and orange blossoms add a nice floral element to the rich spicy D'ete. The best combinations used with Opium D'ete are perfumes with strong woody notes.
08th April, 2013
This is a delicate more lighter sister
of the original Opium with it's pepper
notes incense benzoin Opopponox bitter
balsem woods and coriander. this version
can be worn anytime then the original.
the opening has the same scent as the
predacessor but it's silage does'nt last long like the first one and it fades very quickly on my skin. maybe because of my chemistry or it a vital sample. but netherless i prefer the originial.

08th March, 2011
In the words of my step-mother, "I prefer my Opium in hooker strength." I will say that this subtle, toned-down version of the scent was easier for ME to wear, and seemed to lose some of the harsher basenotes of the original.
15th January, 2006
This is an outstanding perfume, in my opinion. For all who put away Opium during the summer and save it for winter days and nights; for all who love the essence of Opium but just find it TOO MUCH; for those, like me, who live in a warm, humid climate that can ruin the finest of orientals and cause them to sit on the skin and become stifling and suffocating; for anyone afraid of oriental perfumes and specifically just plain afraid of Opium.... I highly recommend Opium Eau d'ete for softly-sexy-scented skin. YSL managed to preserve the essence of Opium, its richness and depth, its sexiness, without watering it down, without "modernizing" it, without destroying it. Seriously! Opium Eau d'ete is warm and spicy yet surprisingly fresh and refreshing, deep and rich yet (again) surprisingly light and clean-smelling, sexy and provocative yet teasingly so. Perfect year round, I think, but if you would like to add a sultry, sizzling, sexy oriental to your summer fragrance wardrobe, I do think Opium Eau d'ete is ideal, and not just for evenings, but for day wear, office wear....any time, any place.
15th January, 2005

Add your review of Opium Eau d'Été

Shop for Opium Eau d'Été products online

Search Amazon for Opium Eau d'Été

Member images of Opium Eau d'Été

There are no member images of Opium Eau d'Été yet. Why not be the first?