Allure Eau de Parfum (1999)
by Chanel

Allure Eau de Parfum information

Year of Launch1999

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Allure Eau de Parfum

Unlike most fragrances, where the notes dry down using the traditional pyramid structure, Allure is different. According to Chanel it is "Multi Faceted" and "cut like a diamond with 6 facets which overlap, with no single note dominating". The EDP was launched three years after the EDT

Reviews of Allure Eau de Parfum

One of my 3 favorites for my wife: Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream, Guerlain Idylle, and this one. All of them lovely womens fragrances.
30th January, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
A pleasant white floral ironing with magnolia and lily, witha lemony-orangey note added for freshness. He rose in the drydown is quite convincing and merges well with a jasmine impression. A good vanilla dominates the base.

On me this is more intense and develops better that the original EdT. Good sillage and projection, but the longevity is the same as the EdT: six hours. 3/5
10th January, 2015
This perfume is Lust. Pure Lust and that's all you need to know. It is to perfumery what "Les Fleurs du Mal" is to literature.
04th August, 2014
Beautiful

I love this perfume. I've worn many Chanels over the years, but this is my favorite of them all. The reason for this is while all Chanels are beautiful, they are not always "comforting."

But Allure is downright "snuggly."

Everything is perfect on me, from the vanilla, peach, citrus, vetiver and cedar to the magnolia, jasmine and rose. The only note that I had difficulty "digesting" at first was the bergamot. I honestly couldn't identify it at first, the "note", I mean. I knew that it reminded me of something, but I couldn't pin down what it was..? Then, after re-reading the base notes, I noticed that they listed bergamot.

That was the note I had trouble identifying because on me, it usually just smells like "musty oranges on me." But it is so well done here that it actually smells like "Earl Grey tea." LOL :)

And this is why it smells so "snuggly" between the vanilla and peach notes compared with the cedar, rose and Earl Grey tea, I am literally "snuggled" by this fragrance. In that, it reminds of Donna Karen Cashmere Mist. It "envelopes" you and hugs the skin in the same way.

So, it has become my favorite perfume. I wear it all year, but cooler weather will just take this perfume to an even prettier place due to it's pure warmth. It's a masterpiece, I think.

Pros: Beautiful Vanilla, Peach and Cedar Notes
Cons: Not That Cray About Bergamot

22nd June, 2013
I wore this a few years back and really enjoyed it. Went back to revisit it and all I can get is a jelly doughnut smell. What happened? Did they change the formula?
02nd September, 2012
Allure- a great name and a bewtiching scent. After all the ultra ridiculously expensive scents I have recently tried , this sounds even better !

Years ago I had no appreciation for Allure because I was deep in love with my Mitsouko and nothing else would do . Also I associated Allure with a close relative who wore this casually.

It's a typical Polge creation with the rose - jasmine and fruity kick - in the same class as CoCo Madamoiselle though they do not smell alike.I actually love the opening notes and wish they would linger on longer.
Long lasting ,distinctive and affordable.
28th June, 2012

Add your review of Allure Eau de Parfum

Shop for Allure Eau de Parfum products online

Shop for Allure Eau de Parfum at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Allure Eau de Parfum

Member images of Allure Eau de Parfum

There are no member images of Allure Eau de Parfum yet. Why not be the first?