Allure Eau de Parfum (1999)
    by Chanel

Allure Eau de Parfum Fragrance notes

Honeysuckle, Water lily, Magnolia, Mandarin, Passion fruit, Italian lemon, Egyptian jasmine, May rose, Bourbon vanilla

Allure Eau de Parfum information

Unlike most fragrances, where the notes dry down using the traditional pyramid structure, Allure is different. According to Chanel it is "Multi Faceted" and "cut like a diamond with 6 facets which overlap, with no single note dominating". The EDP was launched three years after the EDT

Reviews of Allure Eau de Parfum

Showing 1 to 6 of 31 reviews.

MarieShanahan's avatar
    MarieShanahan

Beautiful

I love this perfume. I've worn many Chanels over the years, but this is my favorite of them all. The reason for this is while all Chanels are beautiful, they are not always "comforting."

But Allure is downright "snuggly."

Everything is perfect on me, from the vanilla, peach, citrus, vetiver and cedar to the magnolia, jasmine and rose. The only note that I had difficulty "digesting" at first was the bergamot. I honestly couldn't identify it at first, the "note", I mean. I knew that it reminded me of something, but I couldn't pin down what it was..? Then, after re-reading the base notes, I noticed that they listed bergamot.

That was the note I had trouble identifying because on me, it usually just smells like "musty oranges on me." But it is so well done here that it actually smells like "Earl Grey tea." LOL :)

And this is why it smells so "snuggly" between the vanilla and peach notes compared with the cedar, rose and Earl Grey tea, I am literally "snuggled" by this fragrance. In that, it reminds of Donna Karen Cashmere Mist. It "envelopes" you and hugs the skin in the same way.

So, it has become my favorite perfume. I wear it all year, but cooler weather will just take this perfume to an even prettier place due to it's pure warmth. It's a masterpiece, I think.

Pros: Beautiful Vanilla, Peach and Cedar Notes
    Cons: Not That Cray About Bergamot

22 June, 2013

Cricketkitty's avatar
    Cricketkitty

I wore this a few years back and really enjoyed it. Went back to revisit it and all I can get is a jelly doughnut smell. What happened? Did they change the formula?

02 September, 2012

Mimi Gardenia's avatar
    Mimi Gardenia

Allure- a great name and a bewtiching scent. After all the ultra ridiculously expensive scents I have recently tried , this sounds even better !

Years ago I had no appreciation for Allure because I was deep in love with my Mitsouko and nothing else would do . Also I associated Allure with a close relative who wore this casually.

It's a typical Polge creation with the rose - jasmine and fruity kick - in the same class as CoCo Madamoiselle though they do not smell alike.I actually love the opening notes and wish they would linger on longer.
    Long lasting ,distinctive and affordable.

28 June, 2012

laviniaguran's avatar
    laviniaguran

I love this perfume...it's refined and classy.........it's made for me..love,love,love

06 February, 2012

LadyDragonFire's avatar
    LadyDragonFire

This is a really nice, pleasant sweet floral and I definitely recommend it highly. It's the type of fragrance I can see myself wearing wearing on a pretty regular basis if I end up buying it. It goes on very light and sheer so it's appropriate for day time wear, but it also smells sexy enough to wear as an evening fragrance too.

21st August, 2011

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

I was surprised that this was a Chanel perfume. It was definitely not what I would have expected from their range. It is so deliciously soft and feminine. Whereas the other Chanel fragrances smell so sharp and mature.

On my skin it transforms into a lovely warm vanilla and jasmine which surprisingly exudes sex appeal. I was always one for describing Chanel fragrances as being classy and conservative, never in my life would I have thought that one of their perfumes would be so sensual and sexy.

Allure still does, however, stay true to the Chanel style, remaining classy, elegant and timeless. What I love most about this fragrance is its ability to suit almost every occasion. You could wear it to work, on a date, to a wedding or anywhere your heart desires. You wouldn't even have to re-apply this perfume at the end of the day because the lasting power is so good.

It is fairly obvious and easy to conclude that a woman that wears this has impeccable taste in perfume.

26 April, 2011