Spark for Women (2003)

HouseLiz Claiborne
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchClaiborne Cosmetics

About Spark for Women

Spark for Women is a feminine perfume by Liz Claiborne. The scent was launched in 2003

Spark for Women fragrance notes

Reviews of Spark for Women

For a perfume I found at Goodwill for $3, this isn't that bad. It's -strong-, so not for the faint of nose. While the boozy, spicy vanilla-musk that flares out of the bottle can be quite strident and slightly plasticky, with measured (read: LIGHT) application Spark can be quite cozy and comforting. I prefer the smell of it on clothing/linens and as a room spray over the smell of it on my skin, though. If Chanel Coromandel is cozy like a favorite cashmere sweater, then Spark is cozy like an old over-sized t-shirt lifted from an old lover.
27th August, 2011 (last edited: 05th September, 2011)
Somewhat like Obsession, but a little brighter and more cheerful. A bit like Organza Indecence, but much less vanillic. The spice plays a minor role and the floral elements are very subtle. Overall, the feeling of Spark is warm and comforting.

I am surprised that Spark has not been reviewed more (or loved more) because it really is a very nice fragrance. But then again, this style is a bit 'out of fashion' at the moment. It will be back again, I'm sure.

14th October, 2010

It does remind me somewhat of Obsession its sweeter, but its in the same ballpark. Spark is quite spicy and for several minutes Im thinking that maybe there IS a Liz Claiborne scent that I can find worthwhile. No such luck. The drydown is, as takemyhusbandplz says, dull and uninspired.

04th December, 2009
I found Spark by reading reviews of Organza Indecence on other websites. I loved Indecence but was crushed when I discovered that it 'turned' on me after approx. 2 hours of wearing. Like another poster that I read elsewhere, an odd Play Doh accord surfaces on my skin. I read that Spark is similar but does not have that note that some people encounter. Spark does work much better on me. I believe it is sweeter but it may be because I am using the parfum. I recently noticed that, comparing Indecence to Spark, the Liz Claiborne fragrance seems to have a breeze blowing through an openness inside of the fragrance in the same location as the Indecence has that problem note that comes out on my skin after the drydown. It is sweet, at least in the parfum version, so I have to be careful in application not to overdo it. I just discovered by accident that a little citrus scented body butter (Delohn+ Mango) near the fragrance on my skin also tones down the sweetness nicely.
06th August, 2009
I did not find spark super warm, but in saying that, it is definitely not cool at all. The honey-caramel top notes seem to parallel eachother and complement the rose petals which smell fresh rather than dried. Someone remarked that it is hard to enjoy the florals, well I wouldn't call it a floral fragrance by any means- it seems more of an amber to me, or maybe thats the slight warmth to it. I think the fragrance manages to be well-balanced and still have all of the notes distinguish themselves somewhat. I don't own any other fragrance like this, so I will keep it around, but I'm not sure where or what I will wear it too.
20th November, 2008
With so much honey and cinnamon in it is hard to enjoy florals and champagne in it. That is why i do not like spicy scents. spices are too strong so spicy is only spicy and cannot be have any other colors. the base contains some woods and that is the best part of it.
27th August, 2008

Add your review of Spark for Women

Shop for Spark for Women products online

Shop for Spark for Women at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Spark for Women

Member images of Spark for Women

There are no member images of Spark for Women yet. Why not be the first?