Omnia (2003)

About Omnia

Omnia is a feminine perfume by Bulgari. The scent was launched in 2003

Reviews of Omnia

Genre: Oriental

Omnia starts out with a very bright citrus note, black tea, and sweet spices, all of which remind me of Bigelow’s “Constant Comment” tea blend. These are soon joined by an oddly flat, milky-sweet accord which could very well be an attempt (misguided?) at “white chocolate,” but that comes off more like cocoa butter pudding.

As long as the opening gesture prevails, Omnia is a pleasantly transparent, effervescent, and well balanced spicy citrus oriental. The spice blend includes cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and black pepper, and I believe it’s this last, in combination with the citrus, that offsets the flabby pudding accord and lends Omnia its distinctive sparkling texture.

Omnia is a relatively low-key fragrance from start to finish, with only modest sillage and projection. It troubles me only in its drydown, where the fading citrus leaves the black pepper alone to combat the milky blandness of the cocoa butter. That Omnia dissipates entirely before the pudding declares victory is all to its benefit.

When I wear Omnia, I can’t help but think that it narrowly misses being a much more exciting scent than it actually is. It is extremely appealing, and it’s structure shows some originality; yet there’s just something bland about it, too. I suppose the name does say it all – everything, to everybody. Omnia is comfortable, safe, and easy, but it’s not compelling.
21st June, 2014
Walking in woodland brushing wet cardamom leaves, subtle hint of ginger being crushed underfoot. Earthy woody and mossy not bitter and not sweet. A very close to the skin scent. A very private treasure. Hints of cardamom and ginger and spices having been closed in an old wooden box. Sadly as well as having no trail, this does not last on my skin and thus the neutral review. Maybe that's why I didn't ever get to smell chocolate or the other notes, it didn't have time to develop. But it's a problem I have with every Bvlgari - they have no lasting power.
17th November, 2012
A funny one this, it wears really close to the skin so its a frag that people wont really smell on you unless you go mad and spray half a bottle on. I guess this makes it a very private smell that you can enjoy all to your self!
Smells warm and sweet like white chocolate with a teeny tiny spice to it. Great for winter. But like naughty underwear... the only person who knows what your wearing is yourself.
14th September, 2012
The first part is averagely sharp, notable in the tea presence, extremely spicy, hesperidic (mostly bergamot) and sophisticated. I thought some iris would be present in the heart but it is not listed and prickly subtleness and the luxuriousness are aroused by the cocktail of tasty and prickly spices, delicate flowers, almond and by the soaring ginger-saffron chord. The following development is to me mostly woodsy and musky with some balanced tastiness made of coffee, powder and patterns of amber. The sweetness is effectively moderate and the juice never becomes cloying or syrupy. The smell is averagely stout in projection and even subtle, refined and pungent. Not bad.
19th May, 2012 (last edited: 13th February, 2014)
Thumbs way up on this one for me. Love the strong spiciness of it and the comlex finish. I don't smell the coffee or the chocolate, but that's just my nose, I guess. Warm and cosy feel to it. A terrific offering from Bulgari. Definitely FBW!
07th April, 2012
Top notes: ginger, mandarin orange, saffron, pepper and cardamom
Middle notes: nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, almond, masala chai and lotus
Base notes: sandalwood, tonka bean, white chocolate, guaiac wood and woody notes

Everything in that olfactory pyramid is edible but the wood notes! I am a great fan of sweet spicy amber-based fragrances but gourmand is not exactly my thing. When I heard there was white chocolate in the composition, I was afraid Omnia would be a disgustingly gourmand concoction à la Thierry Mugler. Well, it is not that. It is merely a trendy semi-oriental floral. Nothing to write home about IMHO. None of the spicy notes really stands out and the tea note (masala chai) gives the fragrance a lingering musty note that spoils everything for me. Although Omnia is not a complete disaster, I feel it does not totally delivers the goods. The bottle is much more original and spectacular than the fragrance itself, unfortunately.
07th February, 2012

Add your review of Omnia

Shop for Omnia products online

Shop for Omnia at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Omnia

Member images of Omnia

There are no member images of Omnia yet. Why not be the first?