Velviona (2001)

About Velviona

Velviona is a feminine perfume by Helmut Lang. The scent was launched in 2001

Reviews of Velviona

bbBD Show all reviews
I got a sample of this after a friend found a couple bottles (and a couple recently went on eBay, one for $90 and one for $20... funny how timing works). As I understand it, this is just the aromachemical Velviona - I don't think there's anything else added.

Velviona creates a fuzzy, musky floral aroma with a tiny touch of pepper. It reminds me a little of Iso E Super from Molecule 01, only softer and less distinct. It is very mild and only perceptible if you put your nose right up to your skin. I can't imagine much use for this other than someone wanting to make sure their skin smells nice (to their lover - it's that soft). An interesting concept and I give HL credit for releasing it from an artistic standpoint, but as with various CdG releases, there isn't any practical use for this as a standalone fragrances.
30th November, 2008
Probably one of the strangest scents ever created. Strange not only because it barely had any perceptible scent (except for a supposed single note synthetic musk called "velviona" that slowly.. VERY slowly... could be smelt on the skin), but also because it was hardly marketed, unbelievably limited in its distribution, and cost a fortune. I've heard it called a unique piece of conceptual art and I've heard it called a "non-scent" scent, but I've never heard of anybody who actually was thrilled to pay retail for this thing. I love HL's EDC, EDP, and Cuiron, but sometimes I think he takes his love of conceptual, post-modern art too far (the see through, plastic pants from a few years back?). Velviona isn't a non-scent, it's nonsense.
03rd January, 2007

Add your review of Velviona

Shop for Velviona products online

Search Amazon for Velviona

Member images of Velviona

There are no member images of Velviona yet. Why not be the first?