Verveine Narcisse
    by Creed

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 12 ratings

Verveine Narcisse information

Verveine Narcisse is a unisex fragrance by Creed.

Reviews of Verveine Narcisse

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

rogalal's avatar

One of the interesting older Creeds. It goes on with a very old-fashioned "oriental" amber, the kind that smells like those butterscotch candy discs, but with a weird minty booze undertone that's vaguely medicinal. This quickly makes way for a very dry, dusty sandalwood. And that's about it: Extremely dry sandalwood with undertones of minty liquor and old fashioned butterscotchy amber.

It's quite thin, yet somehow manages to keep going every time I'm sure it must have faded. Personally, I prefer Creed's other sandalwood perfumes over this (I'd sooner take Santal Imperial or Bois du Portugal), but it's not bad. It just feels like Creed has gone down this trail before, but with better results.

05th March, 2013

DULLAH's avatar

Turkey Turkey

For the long time I have scoped Verveine Narcisse, I had always assumed it would be a citrus/green/floral scent. I knew very well Verbena (vervaine) came in two distinct varieties, Lemon Verbena and Wild Verbena, yet out of optimism favoring my own taste I imagined it Lemon Verbena, with a rich Narcissus flower, and some Woods/moss.

Now the Moss is certainly here smoothing over the top of the whole composition, and it is good quality moss. However, the floral notes smell partially natural, and partially "80's feminine synthetic". Perhaps a few more "dry" notes that cut down the "wetness" and "rainy" notes of Verveine narcisse would camouflage this synthetic more. Beside the moss and florals is a very green, very grassy, almost "weedy" Wild Verbena (vervaine) note, and it gives the whole composition a needed natural "bite".

I wouldn't say there is much progression between the notes, it just hovers around the same theme, which is does quite well:

That of a grassy, mossy, weedy flower garden, after a very heavy rain, one so heavy the air is humid. Think Seattle flower garden on a warm day type humid green-ness.

Qualitatively not quite on par with Creed's Private Collection or limited edition fragrances, more like a late-comer to Creed's feminine eaux de toilette line, just before the Millesimes came in.

All in all, interesting, fairly high quality, classicly themed grassy/mossy green feminine floral.

16th September, 2010

DavidBond007's avatar

To me this is a romantic type of floral. They consider it to be unisex but I disagree I think this is more for a female. To me Versace knocked this one off with the Dreamer.

01st June, 2010

cairomerta's avatar

An amazing scent!! How could Creed get rid of this?? Green, earthy, mossy and elegant. Has the same feel and aura as old Caron creations. Simply amazing!! Verveine Narcisse’s notes include verbena, bergamot, nacisus flower, sandalwood and ambergris.

17th March, 2009

Fiorello's avatar

PLEASE bring back Verveine Narcisse! There is now a huge void in my green/floral realm. Pure joie de vivre in a bottle.

19th March, 2007

j_dubyah's avatar

When I think of Creed Vintage fragrances I think of unusual and unique and Verveine Narcisse is just that. In the men's fragrance realm I've smelled nothing like it. It is just the right balance of floral and greenery. It reminds me of the kind of surprise that Cerutti 1881 packs, yet it smells nothing like that fragrance. You'll just have to try it and understand.

24th September, 2002