Verveine Narcisse

Verveine Narcisse information

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Verveine Narcisse

Verveine Narcisse is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed.

Verveine Narcisse fragrance notes

Reviews of Verveine Narcisse

A very rare and elusive Creed to find at the time of writing this review and I was very fortunate to discover a partial flacon of this scent. The notes breakdown for this scent is rather inconclusive as almost every notes breakdown that Iíve found had a couple notes that were different specifically at the base. I would consider this a green floral scent. The opening consisted of lemon verbena which has both a citrusy lemon and floral elements. The lemon soon fades giving way to a dry grassy note accompanied by narcissus in the heart. The narcissus florals lingered into the base accompanied by mossy notes what would likely be oakmoss. I would say the drydown of Vervine Narcisse is my favorite part of this Creed. Aside from oakmoss other notes that were mentioned in the base include ambergris, amber, sandalwood, and musk. I didnít identify these notes in particular but if these were in fact there, my nose wasnít able to pick them up. Moderate silage for the first 2 hours before staying closer to the skin. The longevity was decent, I got at least 6 hours. The best time to wear this would be during the spring however I canít find a particular occasion that I would want to wear this scent. Despite saying this I consider this more of a comfort scent, a scent that I would wear when Iím in the right mood. Overall, I consider this a very wonderful green floral scent, itís a little bit different to what Iím use to smelling of this genre but itís still a great scent nonetheless. If I can find more Verveine Narcisse at a reasonable price, I wouldnít hesitate to make a purchase. This is definitely up there with Vintage Tabarome, Angelique Encens, and Scent of Oger amongst other rare elusive Creeds that I enjoy.
02nd December, 2018
Another lovely victim in 2001 of the IFRA regulations, owing to the oakmoss ingredient. From what I read, scents that contain oakmoss - identified as an allergen - have to be reformulated to have a smaller amount than is usually incorporated into them. The challenge to perfumers is to express enough of the lovely oakmoss note without violating IFRA rules on quantities used. So fragrances like Verveine Narcisse end up getting suddenly pulled from shelves without an immediate replacement...usu. ever.

Anyhow, as for my impression of this rare jewel, I love the natural green-floral quality of VN. Verbena and bergamot add that unmistakable lemony freshness; narcissus petals add a hypnotically rich and strong touch, reminiscent of jasmine and also having a heady, sweet green quality; sandalwood injects a creamy slightly ethereal musky woodiness; and ambergris, its warm, sweet and waxy Creed signature. Very credible expression of the exotic narcissus, and subjectively the dew-dropped garden surrounding a field of this flower!

Undoubtedly, Verveine Narcisse is an amazing experience that is sorely missed by countless fans. I can only go by my impressions of this fragrance from many years ago, with not even a small decant to cherish, alas.
19th September, 2018
One of the interesting older Creeds. It goes on with a very old-fashioned "oriental" amber, the kind that smells like those butterscotch candy discs, but with a weird minty booze undertone that's vaguely medicinal. This quickly makes way for a very dry, dusty sandalwood. And that's about it: Extremely dry sandalwood with undertones of minty liquor and old fashioned butterscotchy amber.

It's quite thin, yet somehow manages to keep going every time I'm sure it must have faded. Personally, I prefer Creed's other sandalwood perfumes over this (I'd sooner take Santal Imperial or Bois du Portugal), but it's not bad. It just feels like Creed has gone down this trail before, but with better results.
05th March, 2013
For the long time I have scoped Verveine Narcisse, I had always assumed it would be a citrus/green/floral scent. I knew very well Verbena (vervaine) came in two distinct varieties, Lemon Verbena and Wild Verbena, yet out of optimism favoring my own taste I imagined it Lemon Verbena, with a rich Narcissus flower, and some Woods/moss.

Now the Moss is certainly here smoothing over the top of the whole composition, and it is good quality moss. However, the floral notes smell partially natural, and partially "80's feminine synthetic". Perhaps a few more "dry" notes that cut down the "wetness" and "rainy" notes of Verveine narcisse would camouflage this synthetic more. Beside the moss and florals is a very green, very grassy, almost "weedy" Wild Verbena (vervaine) note, and it gives the whole composition a needed natural "bite".

I wouldn't say there is much progression between the notes, it just hovers around the same theme, which is does quite well:

That of a grassy, mossy, weedy flower garden, after a very heavy rain, one so heavy the air is humid. Think Seattle flower garden on a warm day type humid green-ness.

Qualitatively not quite on par with Creed's Private Collection or limited edition fragrances, more like a late-comer to Creed's feminine eaux de toilette line, just before the Millesimes came in.

All in all, interesting, fairly high quality, classicly themed grassy/mossy green feminine floral.
16th September, 2010
To me this is a romantic type of floral. They consider it to be unisex but I disagree I think this is more for a female. To me Versace knocked this one off with the Dreamer.
01st June, 2010
An amazing scent!! How could Creed get rid of this?? Green, earthy, mossy and elegant. Has the same feel and aura as old Caron creations. Simply amazing!! Verveine Narcisseís notes include verbena, bergamot, nacisus flower, sandalwood and ambergris.
17th March, 2009

Add your review of Verveine Narcisse

Shop for Verveine Narcisse products online

Member images of Verveine Narcisse

There are no member images of Verveine Narcisse yet. Why not be the first?