1872 for Men (2001)

Year of Launch2001

HouseClive Christian
PerfumerGeza Schoen

About 1872 for Men

1872 for Men is a masculine fragrance by Clive Christian. The scent was launched in 2001 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Geza Schoen

1872 for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of 1872 for Men

Starts off mature/old-school, and manly, reminds me of Armani pH or Acqua di Parma Colonia. Quickly dries down to something more modern, clean and fresh, like Acqua di Gio.

Feels more dressed up and formal but should be versatile for all climates. Average projection but good, all workday longevity.
07th November, 2018
(My bottle happens to be the Clive Christian's usual emerald green bottle, not the bespoke bottle shown above.)

"1872" by Clive Christian starts out with a soft-drink like opening, like sniffing a fizzy glass of Fanta Orange (the mandarin note). As with other Clive Christian scents, pepper is present in moderate amounts against this soda background. Petitgrain appears subtly amidst this, with a health dose of clary sage adding a spicy flair. Musk isn't listed here, but it seems to appear in a bright fashion inside it all.

"1872" bears a remote resemblance to its sibling "L", also by CC: Citrus permeates and outlines the scent as a whole. Whereas "L" leans towards the lemony eau de cologne quality of things, "1872" leans towards an orange-like direction touched by the petitgrain.

Overall, I feel conflicted about whether I'd be able to legitimately sport "1872": It doesn't fit my personality, which tends to do well with sharply oriental/woody/spicy scents. I can see myself wearing "L", "V", and "Noble VII Rock Rose", all by CC. But "1872" comes off as slightly more feminine in its final formulation than I feel comfortable with. However, it is a nicely crafted scent, and someone SOMEWHERE would be willing to sink in the requisite USD$400 plus for it...but not me.
08th August, 2018
This is incredible! Wow. I can't tell individual notes too well due to the really great blending in this but I think I smell the prominent notes of lime, petitgrain, bergamot, peach, rosemary, and clary sage. It smells both very old-fashioned and very sophisticated at the same time. It is a citrus fragrance with herbal undertones and reminds me of Acqua di Parma Colonia. It's just incredibly well done and smells so beautiful. Sillage is strong while longevity is also fantastic, running at over 12 hours on my skin. Overall this is one of the best citrus colognes ever made.

21st June, 2018
Received an assortment of CC masculine samples from my friend at Saks - Thank You! The first I tried was 1872 and it honestly is a disappointment. I've never been very interested in CC as a line simply because they are priced well above my comfort zone, and that may have something to do with my review. However, 1872 really isn't anything I'd want at any price. There's a lot more ingredients than what's listed in the note pyramid. Its a sweet citrus aromatic that is driven by some more astringent herbs such as petitgrain and clary sage. Aside from that there's a spice rack of other notes mixing in with the citrus that delivers a slight industrial cleaner nature. It's very herbal-balsamic toned. Almost vinegar natured. I don't particularly find this comfortable to wear and it would be overwhelming if not lightly applied.

I'm definitely going to pass on 1872 and have to give this a thumbs down.
04th December, 2017
I've got a 30ml bottle as a present for my 50th birthday from my wife, but I am not so happy with it. The beginning is really much more great and is hopefully. But what is all after is staying from that expensive fragrance, it is the ZERO.
After 1-1 and half hour simply disappeared, if it even never met my skin.It must be revise, still do Cl.CH. has much more make from this fragrance, in thIS SILLAGE and in THIS Longevity
18th June, 2016 (last edited: 17th June, 2016)
A beautiful scent, and well liked by the fairer sex. As others have mentioned, the notes are very well blended, so no individual note takes over for long. Sillage is moderate to low, but longevity is good on me, though the scent remains close to the skin. Great for any occasion. It did take me a few wearings to fully appreciate this one, but I can say I will certainly purchase another bottle.
23rd February, 2013

Clive Christian 1872 For men 50 ML 1.6 FL OZ perfume fragance authentic tester

End Date: Saturday Jan-19-2019 15:17:58 PST
Buy It Now for only: $139.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Clive Christian 1872 For women 50 ML 1.6 FL OZ perfume fragance authentic tester

End Date: Saturday Jan-19-2019 15:19:04 PST

1872 Men by Clive Christian for Men 1.7 oz Perfume Spray Brand New

End Date: Monday Jan-21-2019 0:03:46 PST
Buy It Now for only: $350.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Clive Christian 1872 Perfume Type for (M)

End Date: Monday Jan-21-2019 18:37:51 PST
Buy It Now for only: $18.00

CLIVE CHRISTIAN 1872 FOR MEN 2ml Sample Perfume Spray, New, Authentic

End Date: Monday Jan-21-2019 18:58:48 PST
Buy It Now for only: $15.99

Member images of 1872 for Men

There are no member images of 1872 for Men yet. Why not be the first?