A*Men / Angel Men (1996)

PerfumerJacques Huclier
PackagingThierry Mugler
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About A*Men / Angel Men

This very distinct sweet fragrance is one of those you either love or hate. Based strongly on the ladies Angel; A*Men (Angel Men in the US) contains unusual notes of Chocolate, Coffee and Caramel. Most of the notes are "edible", so this would appeal to anyone with a sweet tooth. Funky bottle too, which is also available encased in black rubber, that is not only looks stylish but is ideal for travelling.

A*Men / Angel Men fragrance notes

Reviews of A*Men / Angel Men

Salutation.

A*Men is A Great Show by THIERRY MUGLER.it is not so easy Forgettable.Definitely one of the best Frgrances in my father collection. Everytime He wore it The scent stay in our place for a long time!

Sweet,Warm and Attractive.In my opinion it is Much better than Female version.So strong opening but Gradually i found a LOVELY scent on my skin Like a Creamy Vanilla or Coffe mate!In fact it had blended so Well on my skin.

Certainly it is Sharp and Offensive if wearning Everyday and in the Hot weather even more 2 spray but when you Wearning it in Right Mood you will To see REAL NATURE it.

Where is the right mood?Generraly special Moods like a ROMANTIC evening in WINTER because in my opinion A*Men is Supplement HOT moments meantime in the Prties Most people can besotted with Your EDT.For some people It is really Heavy then you must to test it before buy!

Sillage?Excellent.

Lonegvity?Is really Weird on my skin.

7.75/10
18th April, 2015
Okay, in my whole life.... I've never smelled anything this awful. The only thing that tops this in terms of how vile it is, is Pure Malt. Honestly, Secretions Magnifiques smells better than this! A*Men and Pure Malt, both smell the same. They smell like a cat urine. Very ammonia scented. On top of that, its smokey and sweet. Just disgusting. If I was next to any man wearing this, i'd probably run the other way. Just my opinion though. Apparently, tons of people like this... I just.... I can't .... I just can't.
07th April, 2015
There was a chocolate confectionaires store in the area I grew up in 40yrs ago that my parents used to take me to when I was kid. I remember the scent of melted chocolate, candied fruit and peppermint being intoxicating. Why anyone would want to smell that way though, I just can't get my head around. AMen is the exact copy of that confection store scent. I live in Florida and can only imagine how this fragrance would turn on a hot and humid day.
27th March, 2015
Sweet and strong, this original entry is the epicenter of the A*Men legacy. The main note list of peppermint, patchouli, coffee, cedar, leather on the Mugler website is accurate. All are there, with the coffee and patchouli being most prominent, at least to me. There's not a ton of evolution to the scent, and I think its consistency is one if its greatest advantages, as the patchouli and coffee seem to slowly take over, the coffee giving a chocolate-like display, though it does not truly smell like milk or dark chocolate, or even rawer cacao.

Projection and longevity are great, as a few sprays project a few feet, and it lasts 12+ hours, with even more on clothes (also an advantage, in most cases).

For some perspective, I'd be remiss if I didn't add that after experiencing the flankers---specifically, Pure Malt and Pure Havane---the original just does not seem complete. The sweetness of the coffee isn't satisfying, as even the much-maligned Pure Coffee seems to beat out Angel Men in terms of the fragrance alone. The leather is an odd addition. There's credit to be had for the originator, but Pure Malt and Pure Havane (PH is sweeter than PM, by the way) simply blow Angel Man out of the water.

The main selling point of the original is that it's less sweet than Pure Malt or Pure Havane, if those two are too overwhelming simply because of the sweetnees. Of course, some will find Angel Man itself too sweet, and to those, I'd recommend staying away from PM, PH, PB, B*Men, Taste of Fragrance.

Very good fragrance, but not one I need to buy a bottle of since PM and PH exist.

7 out of 10
27th February, 2015
Definitely when applied to the skin properly this is a worthy scent to have in the collection.
23rd February, 2015
I really don't like this style of fragrance. This juice is far too sweet and cloying, and leaves me feeling like I've just had a huge second slice of raspberry cheesecake when I was already too full to have the first one. A fragrance that a high-school boy might get as a gift from a clueless relative. No grown man should be caught dead smelling like this.

Foul.
05th January, 2015 (last edited: 12th February, 2015)

Add your review of A*Men / Angel Men

Shop for A*Men / Angel Men products online

Shop for A*Men / Angel Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for A*Men / Angel Men

Member images of A*Men / Angel Men

There are no member images of A*Men / Angel Men yet. Why not be the first?