A*Men / Angel Men (1996)

PerfumerJacques Huclier
PackagingThierry Mugler
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About A*Men / Angel Men

This very distinct sweet fragrance is one of those you either love or hate. Based strongly on the ladies Angel; A*Men (Angel Men in the US) contains unusual notes of Chocolate, Coffee and Caramel. Most of the notes are "edible", so this would appeal to anyone with a sweet tooth. Funky bottle too, which is also available encased in black rubber, that is not only looks stylish but is ideal for travelling.

A*Men / Angel Men fragrance notes

Reviews of A*Men / Angel Men

Controversial, polarizing, acquired-taste living legend of a scent from Thierry Mugler!

It's a blizzard of gourmand, woody, and spicy notes that are quite distinctive and easily noticed by others (but whether people take to it or not is another matter!). Coffee bean is very pronounced, and overall A*Men has an incense quality to it - which in itself is like incense sticks generally, where you'll like it depending on how close you are the source, as well as how MUCH is present (hint: over-applying is NOT a plus with this one!).

Sets the standard for all the flankers to come from Mugler.
26th December, 2016
Stunning. Absolutely, just stunning.

Must Spray on skin after thoroughly bathing and during the freezing temperatures for the full shebang in my opinion.

You will be blown away. A true masterpiece in its offering.

You will smell like a multitude of desserts that exudes boldness conceited like confidence of A gentle-being that is mesmerizing to all. An invigorating manly dessert of no destitute.

THIS FRAGRANCE SCREAMS, IMMMMMMMMMMM HEEEEEEREEEEEEE!!!!!!

20th December, 2016
Short take: This is a "wild" fragrance, sweet and spicy, with a warm drydown. I like it, but I prefer Armani Code (or Code Ultimate or Profumo) to which it shares a family resemblance. Code is less "wild" but more complex and amber. I have a sample, but I don't plan on buying a bottle of the A*Men. I would like to try the A*Men Pure Malt, though.
15th December, 2016
The scent, that assaults my senses from beginning to end with a shotgun blast of colour. My mind quickly clips onto the Peppermint to steady as I ride atop an explosion and a cacophony of notes. It then feels like something "toxically clean" sort of along the lines Oscar Pour Lui in drydown, I am intoxicated,hungover and need to apply another spritz kinda like to continue the status. A-Men has just enough of an oversweet Amber to cloy. It makes me want to just put it away and say "I Like it". Perhaps revisit in another ten.
06th October, 2016 (last edited: 06th January, 2017)
I get a bomb blast of burnt sugar in the opening. I don't specifically get a tar note, but I believe it is the intense sugary (burnt) blast that leads one to perceive a tar note. As countless others have observed, this fragrance needs time to develop on your skin. After about an hour, one starts to notice hints of a chocolate aroma. However, this is not an ordinary chocolate, but a delicious dark chocolate that gets richer as the hours past. After about 3 to 4 hours, the fragrance fully settles on my skin. Imagine the aroma of chocolate used to layer the most delicious chocolate chip cookie in the world, fresh out of the oven. it is simply wonderful. Just make sure you don't judge this masterpiece based on its opening after the initial spray. Give it time to develop on your skin. A gourmand for the ages.

Longevity: Comfortably 8+ Hours
Projection & Silage : Astounding - People in and around you will notice you for hours on end
26th August, 2016
First sniff is no way to judge this fragrance, which i did in July ..it needs cold weather and a scarf , I picture a Christmas market wearing this all wrapped up and cosy. Maybe a hot chocolate and a baileys. The other time I picture wearing this is hungover when i'm craving sweet things. Obviously smells of chocolate, a strange tar like smell that's not too dominant and some floral notes that stop it getting too Sickly. This could easily be over sprayed and spoilt but used lightly it can be very comforting and sensual. I can't give a full thumbs up or down yet as I'm going off a tester and I've yet to use it in my scenarios I described.
26th July, 2016