Acqua di Giò pour Homme (1996)
by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò pour Homme information

Year of Launch1996

HouseGiorgio Armani
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Acqua di Giò pour Homme

A light fresh fragrance. The male counterpart to Acqua di Gio for ladies. Ideal for the summer. This fragrance in recent years has been the number one best men's seller in the USA.

Acqua di Giò pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Giò pour Homme

A quality citrus scent with some interesting notes that add some depth from the top to the middle notes. This is one of the best summer scents around for sure. Nice classic dry down which is when it becomes a skin scent on me. I do like this one a lot... Enjoy!
07th June, 2016
Acqua di Gio is legendary and still great 20 years later. Wonderful citrus, aquatic, spicy, musk smell that is well done by perfumer Alberto Morillas. While it's too mainstream for me, it's a best seller for a reason. Unfortunately the performance is very average.
06th June, 2016
What can I say that hasn't been said already in over 300 reviews? Not much... But , have to throw in my two cents worth...i do think its a benchmark masterpiece fragrance destined to be called a classic in years to come...like some others have described, I would go with this being an aquatic take on a classic eau de cologne citrus fragrance...i get a lemony citrus slightly flowery Italian type outdoor beachy smell that ends with a woody flavor...fresh and rereshing... great for all ages. and occasions...only downside to me would be lack of silage and longevity...
Classic Citrus eau de Cologne Aquatic
08th April, 2016
This is a terrible fragrance and I have no idea what the mass appeal is. Women seem to love it and men definitely seem to wear it LOUD! It stinks! It smells of septic rot. The wafting of this is so offensive and thick, with its cutting treble to the nose. It mixes poorly with the skin. It is too available and needs to be banned from the market. This is not some phobia about a bad relationship or a jealous encounter. This is based strictly off of my nose and common sense. This smells of fecal matter sprayed with obnoxious sickly sweet and lemony cologne. Bad body odor from someone who sleeps in their socks and doesn't brush before bed after eating garlic and chicken cutlet. It's vomitous. Avoid! Please!
23rd March, 2016
I wanted to hate it and honestly, I used to hate it for a few reasons. Besides it being way too popular and the only scent smelled in the workplace, people apply entirely too much, making it even more offensive. Putting that aside, I did purchase a 0.3 oz bottle at Sephora to add to my fragrance collection.

When I wear this one, I have no idea what notes I'm smelling. All I know that I'm smelling is something with marine notes. Other people may be able to pick out individual notes, but I can't with this one. It lasts an unbelievably long time and projects more than anything else I can think of. I think that is where most people who use this go wrong - by spraying more than two small/medium sprays.

Now, putting aside my snobbiness of hating 'department store' scents, this isn't bad. It's definitely not magical or mind-blowing, but is a quality scent available at reasonable prices. Acqua di Gio will gather more compliments than normal, too.
17th March, 2016 (last edited: 25th May, 2016)
This was my first cologne, and it's surely to be my last. The sweet, musky smell lasts a lot longer than it should. There's a reason this is one of the best colognes ever to be made. I barely smell patchouli, though.
21st February, 2016