Acqua di Giò pour Homme (1996)
by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò pour Homme information

Year of Launch1996

HouseGiorgio Armani
PerfumerJacques Cavallier
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Acqua di Giò pour Homme

A light fresh fragrance. The male counterpart to Acqua di Gio for ladies. Ideal for the summer. This fragrance in recent years has been the number one best men's seller in the USA.

Acqua di Giò pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Giò pour Homme

I don't get how this is as popular as it is. Has to be people buying it onsale. I mean its ok just nothing special... here's my experience.... after reading all the ++ reviews and it being touted as the best selling cologne for men, I thought can't go wrong. I bought a bottle online and when I received it, I put it on and thought hmmmm kinda soft and femme to my nose. I thought maybe i got a bad bottle or someone watered it down or someone bought a dollar store knockoff and put it in an original bottle...something cause all the reviews and sales it has to better then this. So i bought a new bottle from my local perfumery and nope was the same. Now I admit i'm no expert but i know what i like and what i don't. I know this sounds negative but its not. Its an ok frag if you wanna smell kinda soapy and soft for about an hour then nothing. I just may be too old for this(30's here). Maybe its a perfect cologne for the younger "millenial" generation with their more emotional ways...but I just don't get it....I use it more as an after shower spray around the house thats it for me. I do like other aquatic softer smelling frags a lot this one just smeels to femme too soft and doesn't seem to last more then an hour or so on me..
07th March, 2018
aquatic, sea notes, lots of citrus with lime predominant. Other than that it is very basic and smells pretty much the same the whole time, but that may not be a bad thing as it smells very nice to me. It has FANTASTIC longevity and sillage; perfect "workplace" scent as it lasts well over 10 hours; I've gotten more compliments for this scent than any other.
04th March, 2018
I guess I don't understand all of the hate behind this. Or maybe I was never exposed to what angers so many people about this fragrance. But going on scent alone, it's a super fresh, clean, citrusy, and super soft woody aquatic, and smells amazing as long as it's not overdone.

Girls want their man to smell simple, fresh and let the man himself be confident, not some guy willing to let his fragrance do all the talking for him.
16th February, 2018
Acqua di Gio smells like dish soap and the opening is even worse. A big headache trigger to me with its intense citrusy smell. Nothing special, I don't get what makes this fragrance so popular.
08th February, 2018
Seems to be reformulated and not as long lasting. I bought and wore this in 1998 and it was THE compliment getter. I'm a fan of aquatics and this one reminded me of magnolia bloom for some reason. Citrus, floral, yet sweet and mature. If I had an old bottle I'd wear it in weekly rotation.
08th April, 2017
Comes on aquatic, calone mutters in background, beats a hasty retreat. A Secret Santa gift for someone you like a little.
07th February, 2017