Acqua di Giò pour Homme (1996)
by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò pour Homme information

Year of Launch1996

HouseGiorgio Armani
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Acqua di Giò pour Homme

A light fresh fragrance. The male counterpart to Acqua di Gio for ladies. Ideal for the summer. This fragrance in recent years has been the number one best men's seller in the USA.

Acqua di Giò pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Giò pour Homme

What can I say that hasn't been said already in over 300 reviews? Not much... But , have to throw in my two cents worth...i do think its a benchmark masterpiece fragrance destined to be called a classic in years to come...like some others have described, I would go with this being an aquatic take on a classic eau de cologne citrus fragrance...i get a lemony citrus slightly flowery Italian type outdoor beachy smell that ends with a woody flavor...fresh and rereshing... great for all ages. and occasions...only downside to me would be lack of silage and longevity...
Classic Citrus eau de Cologne Aquatic
08th April, 2016
This is a terrible fragrance and I have no idea what the mass appeal is. Women seem to love it and men definitely seem to wear it LOUD! It stinks! It smells of septic rot. The wafting of this is so offensive and thick, with its cutting treble to the nose. It mixes poorly with the skin. It is too available and needs to be banned from the market. This is not some phobia about a bad relationship or a jealous encounter. This is based strictly off of my nose and common sense. This smells of fecal matter sprayed with obnoxious sickly sweet and lemony cologne. Bad body odor from someone who sleeps in their socks and doesn't brush before bed after eating garlic and chicken cutlet. It's vomitous. Avoid! Please!
23rd March, 2016
This was my first cologne, and it's surely to be my last. The sweet, musky smell lasts a lot longer than it should. There's a reason this is one of the best colognes ever to be made. I barely smell patchouli, though.
21st February, 2016
When I smell Acqua di Giò, I think of a hot Italian model climbing out of the ocean onto a beautiful white sand beach. Oh, wait a minute, that's an ad. But it's a mark of their advertising that it's pretty hard to separate the idea of this cologne from the way it's been marketed. I'd almost say that this is a generic scent, but perhaps it was the one that started it all: a quick hit of sweetness but mostly marine, salt, mineral. I find it quite appealing. Doesn't seem to last long on my skin though.
04th February, 2016
On me, this smells of sour bitter lemon pledge. I don't get much of a marine note and it is not that fresh. Yet I smell it on others and it smells fresh and clean. I give a neutral rating because it might just be my body chemistry.
02nd December, 2015
Corto Maltese Show all reviews
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Chronologie IX

Acqua legend!

The smell of Mediterranean, associations and memories. Refreshing, airy, modern, classical and of character.

Gio is a summer's universal perfume that leaves a beautiful trace. It's discrete and unobtrusive, but still constantly perceptible. It is a summer's classic for every occasion and every outfit.

This is one of the first perfumes I got and that have a sentimental link, which is also a reason why the watery - citrus group of perfumes is one of my favorites. There has been so many tries to create something better than this, and to devalue it because of it's popularity, but all of them failed.

If there is ever a mathematical unit for perfume, my suggestion would be - 1 Gio per second squared.

For the end...this is the best summer's perfume of all times.
17th October, 2015 (last edited: 20th October, 2015)

Add your review of Acqua di Giò pour Homme