Acqua di Giò pour Homme (1996)
by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò pour Homme information

Year of Launch1996

HouseGiorgio Armani
PerfumerJacques Cavallier
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Acqua di Giò pour Homme

A light fresh fragrance. The male counterpart to Acqua di Gio for ladies. Ideal for the summer. This fragrance in recent years has been the number one best men's seller in the USA.

Acqua di Giò pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Giò pour Homme

I've personally given Acqua di Gio pour Homme 4/5 stars, but I can only give it a neutral overall. Here's why -

Acqua Di Gio is my third "big boy" cologne (I have never really used cologne until a couple years ago when my girlfriend of the time bought me Abercrombie Fierce, and I purchased my self, Polo Blue.

I am a HUGE fan of Aquatics. Half of my collection bears aquatic themes and in these forums, you'll see my name on a lot of the Aquatic frags. Now, onto the real review.

The opening scent to AdGpH, is borderline God-sent. The Jasmine shines, and the rosemary comes in hot, making this not have a harsh-smelling opener. Through the opening and into the setting period, it transitions seamlessly by not impacting your nostrils like a roundhouse kick from hell. But next, is why it lacks for me.

I work in an office, so this is PERFECT for an office setting. It is my daily, my go-to for a quick run to the store, and sometimes even while im casually going for a bite with friends or a workout, I'll throw AdGpH on. But, I personally enjoy frags that have medium or better longevity, and i enjoy frags that have sillage that shows up and is ready to party (not literally that much, but if im standing in line for a ride at Disney, I wouldn't mind the person behind me asking what I have on.)
The sillage at first is great, but it quickly within the half-hour becomes subtle, and the longevity is gone within 2 hours. It's a shame, because this fragrence is such a well made, well presented product that can be the center piece of anybody's collection. Of course, this is only my opinion.
Worth the money? Absolutely, it's a must have. But some may tire of having a frag that can't keep up with their days.

Scent 9/10
Sillage 3.5/10
Longevity 3/10
Top Notes 8.5/10
Heart Notes 6/10
Basenotes 8/10 (If only it lasted longer, it would be a 10)
05th September, 2018
Legendary, worn by so many all over the world for decades now and STILL sported by countless others today. I give credit where it is due for AdGpH original: It stands as a dependable marine-citrus-floral men's cologne that may not be for everyone, but remains available everywhere for a new generation of wearers to explore.

AdG has a wonderful tanginess and salty touch. It shimmers and fills the immediate area with its brightness, requiring a measured, restrained level of application. Floral elements of jasmine, rosemary, and patchouli blend seamlessly, touched by the juicy sweetness of persimmon and held on a beautiful masculine foundation of musk and labdanum (rock rose).

The Profumo version, IMO, does a great job of turbo-charging the original without becoming an offensive beast scent. The Absolu version, though, seems to want to be a "me too" scent echoing Armani's Stronger With You versus the original AdG.

Great go to scent that should be given a sample spray especially because of how relevant and remarkable AdG still is considered to be by many, many wearers.
05th August, 2018
I'll start my first review off with this classic. Acqua di Giò.
This is the cologne your older brother told you about in highschool. I've been wearing this fragrance for over 10 years. This has been my "go to" for ever. I even met my wife in this.

Lately I have become noseblind to it. I'm not sure if this is due to the reformulating or not but it almost feels as if I can't even smell it anymore. I chose this frag as my work scent. I recently had to stop because I was spraying up to 6 to 8 sprays and only got a slight hint of jasmine. I thought maybe the bottle went bad. So I went to a department store and to my surprise it was just the scent itself.. Such a shame what happened to this fragrance. This fragrance attributed greatly to the first kiss from my wife. For that I owe this frag.

Occasion: Skipping class and going to the beach with your friend's on a hot summer day while The Smashing Pumpkins "1979" blast on the car radio.

Projection: 4
Longevity: 5
Versatility:8
Overall: 6/10
07th May, 2018
I don't get how this is as popular as it is. Has to be people buying it onsale. I mean its ok just nothing special... here's my experience.... after reading all the ++ reviews and it being touted as the best selling cologne for men, I thought can't go wrong. I bought a bottle online and when I received it, I put it on and thought hmmmm kinda soft and femme to my nose. I thought maybe i got a bad bottle or someone watered it down or someone bought a dollar store knockoff and put it in an original bottle...something cause all the reviews and sales it has to better then this. So i bought a new bottle from my local perfumery and nope was the same. Now I admit i'm no expert but i know what i like and what i don't. I know this sounds negative but its not. Its an ok frag if you wanna smell kinda soapy and soft for about an hour then nothing. I just may be too old for this(30's here). Maybe its a perfect cologne for the younger "millenial" generation with their more emotional ways...but I just don't get it....I use it more as an after shower spray around the house thats it for me. I do like other aquatic softer smelling frags a lot this one just smeels to femme too soft and doesn't seem to last more then an hour or so on me..
07th March, 2018
aquatic, sea notes, lots of citrus with lime predominant. Other than that it is very basic and smells pretty much the same the whole time, but that may not be a bad thing as it smells very nice to me. It has FANTASTIC longevity and sillage; perfect "workplace" scent as it lasts well over 10 hours; I've gotten more compliments for this scent than any other.
04th March, 2018
I guess I don't understand all of the hate behind this. Or maybe I was never exposed to what angers so many people about this fragrance. But going on scent alone, it's a super fresh, clean, citrusy, and super soft woody aquatic, and smells amazing as long as it's not overdone.

Girls want their man to smell simple, fresh and let the man himself be confident, not some guy willing to let his fragrance do all the talking for him.
16th February, 2018

Add your review of Acqua di Giò pour Homme

Shop for Acqua di Giò pour Homme products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Acqua di Giò pour Homme