Acqua di Parma Colonia (1916)
by Acqua di Parma

Acqua di Parma Colonia information

Year of Launch1916

HouseAcqua di Parma
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchAcqua di Parma

About Acqua di Parma Colonia

Starts off with a snappy citrus bite then dries down into a more mellow lemony odor with a slight floral undertone. [AN]

Acqua di Parma Colonia fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Parma Colonia

A perfect fragrance to wear when breezing through the office, or going about normal daily business.

Completely inoffensive, elegantly classical and the history of the product provides a good talking point.

It is a cologne, so it doesn't last long - but give it an extra spritz or two and you'll find it clings well and lasts for at least the working day.

If citrus based fragrances work for you, AdP Colonia is at least a must-try, if not a must-buy.
05th November, 2015
Smells EXACTLY like Brut.
13th September, 2015
i must admit that I was quite taken in by the buzz around Acqua Di Parma house and post after post / poll after poll was singing paeans of the various notes the sublime nature of the house of ADP that I ordered their top of the line samples Colonia / Assoluta / Essenza & their Blu Med -Amalfi line ...out of which I sampled Colonia ...with high hopes ...and 3 sprays in total on my arms , the first thing which hit me was the freshness of the smell with a very distinct soapish smell ...I was expecting a much more sophisticated opening like grey vetiver by tom ford ...but it clearly smelled soapy to me ...I couldn't figure out any citrus / floral notes but it was soapy all the way without telling my wife the brand I told her to complete a blind smell and the first thing which came to her mind was a soap and then I told her that its "THE" Colonia !
I am not sure if the buzz around it is due to its ohh so natural ingredients / or past reputation that it plays with a persons objective smelling / judging abilities but for me it didn't really click ...and slowly it turned into a dry kind of powder smell ...I couldn't figure out any notes or the claimed sophistication of the scent was way too linear for my taste ...
I am yet to try the assoluta & Essenza so I am keeping my fingers crossed as this was not really up to the mark in terms of actual performance & expectations as far as colonia is concerned!
29th July, 2015 (last edited: 30th July, 2015)
Acqua di Parma Colonia is definitely as classic as advertised and generally discussed, involving natural soap and citrus smells. Also, it gets credit for being gender-neutral, something I like about Creed's Pure White Cologne, though ADP's comes at a fraction of Creed's cost. I cannot detect any of the floral notes individually, but there is some floral element that complements the neroli and citrus notes that dominate the fragrance, with even an additional of musk as a base note in the dry down.

I intend to try the flankers, hailed as more contemporary, but certainly original Colonia is very agreeable and, while smelling classic and natural, is also not too old to be modern nor too light to be worthwhile using in the winter.

Not surprisingly, projection and longevity are lacking, as to be expected with the concentration, but it still could be worthwhile, especially given the wide availability on FragranceNet.

Definitely a welcome try for those looking for something class or a true cologne type of smell. It's easy to see how this has stood the test of time.

7 out of 10
08th June, 2015
Not really a cologne because it makes a quick transition from citrus to powdery rose, but it is an elegant and well made summer floral.
05th June, 2015
All citrus from beginning to end. Softens with time, but still very much the same as the opening notes. While I know this is a classic and there are more modern versions of this theme that I think are done better, I'd still give this a thumbs up. Longevity on me was 5hrs, which is amazing considering the composition is traditionally a very short lasting fragrance.
23rd March, 2015

Add your review of Acqua di Parma Colonia

Shop for Acqua di Parma Colonia products online

Shop for Acqua di Parma Colonia at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Acqua di Parma Colonia

Member images of Acqua di Parma Colonia

Perfumes launched in the same year as Acqua di Parma Colonia (1916)