Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica (1999)
by Acqua di Parma

Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica information

Year of Launch1999

HouseAcqua di Parma

About Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica

Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica is a shared / unisex perfume by Acqua di Parma. The scent was launched in 1999

Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica

Bigsly Show all reviews
I'll just speak to the drydown here, which is very soft, with nothing resembling a "sharp edge." It reminds me of a lighter, softer version of the original Comme des Garcons perfume, with a nice assortment of spices and a kind of soapy, candle wax quality to it. It's natural smelling and has no flaws, though I can't speak to everyone's skin chemistry (especially involving the supposed lack of longevity). Clearly, there is lavender present, but it's neither the sweet "barbershop fougere" type nor the sharp, dry erbaceous type. Longevity is at least good, but the projection/"sillage" is moderate at best, once you get to the drydown. While it doesn't have the level of complexity and note separation that I prefer, I could imagine myself using it as a change of pace every couple of months.
21st April, 2011
bokaba Show all reviews
Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica is a nice Italian lavender tonic just as the name suggests. However, it is little more. The opening lavender blast is nice with a brief floral heart. The base persists with a soapy laundry detergent musk. I would not think this is worth the money though the quality of ingredients is quite nice. I'd give Agua Lavanda a try first.
18th April, 2011
jamman Show all reviews
I like lavender and have a number of the AdP line. I did not like this. Maybe the bottle I got (discount house online) was counterfit/tampered with because I did not smell any lavender more like something really cheap.
02nd March, 2010
Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica

I really enjoy lavender but it can be a tricky note to pull off as it can be too astringent and come off harsh or too powdery and come off too light. In this 1999 release from Acqua di Parma the balance is just right. In truth I want a lavender scent that is going to ring my chimes to sort of hit the middle ground between the two extremes I described above, Lavanda Tonica achieves that. The top is a concentrated blast of lavender it comes acroos as intense but not harsh. It also sems more rounded than lavender is in other scents where it is the central note. The intensity of the lavender is all I get for a good while but eventually the other notes begin to stick their heads up. First I get a nice citric shot of lemon this is followed by an herbal air of rosemary and then a floral accord that seems more rose than anything else. As this finally comes to rest there is a nice sheer amber in the base which gives a nice soft landing. Lavanda Tonica is a strong lavender scent for those who want their lavender straight with no chaser.
02nd May, 2009
Fairly straightforward. A wonderful, sweet and smoky (like Egoiste) lavender and amber accord. Strong. Nice.
11th October, 2008
I remember the first time I tested Lavanda Tonica in a shop. I was with a female friend who smelled it and said "Oooo - that's not unisex, way too masculine". I don't think any male need worry about this one being feminine.

It's a sharp, raw lavender scent. It's initially similar to the sharper Atkinson's English Lavender, but smooths and mellows out to something a bit nicer than the latter. It's more masculine than Yardley's English Lavender, which does sometimes seem somewhat feminine to me.

I get about three or four hours out of it, worn under my clothes.

There is something to be careful about it though. I was wearing it one day when it gave me a very calming, soothing effect - and I proposed marriage.
Renato
13th June, 2008

Add your review of Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica

Shop for Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica products online

Search Amazon for Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica

Member images of Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica

There are no member images of Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica