Acqua di Selva (1949)
    by Visconti di Modrone (orig. by Victor)

Acqua di Selva Fragrance Notes

Shop for Acqua di Selva products online

Reviews of Acqua di Selva

Showing 1 to 6 of 29 reviews.

ClarkScent's avatar
    ClarkScent

Eh

I bought this because it filled the space I had for the 1940's decade. I haven't worn it many times as it doesn't really smell that great. I don't detect much pine in it (the other reason I bought this). On the whole, the Lectric Shave I use actually smells better than this but you have to tip ones hat for being around so long. Won't wear it much but will keep it around.

Pros: It's from the 1940's
    Cons: It's from the 1940's"

14 October, 2013

JungleNYC's avatar
    JungleNYC

This is a very simple, and pleasant lemon/pine splash.

The only problem is how light it is. It really should be labeled as an aftershave, lo. It's so ephemeral. You can literally bathe in this stuff in the morning, and by noon it's completely vanished.

There is literally no bottom end. It's all mid-top, and not much of that.

That said, it is what it is. Very similar to Pino, but a little darker. And that's not a bad thing.

14 March, 2013

Tripfall's avatar
    Tripfall

I really like the green lemon/orange blossom in this. But it is so fugitive. The drydown is a very subtle lineny skin scent, which encouraged me to apply it to my shirt, with better results.

02 March, 2013

SirScent's avatar
    SirScent

Thumbs Up for the Rich, Green, Oily Original Configuration. (by Victor)
    I still have a bottle stored safely from decades ago that smells terrific.
    Yes, it is powerful, Yes it is Green and Yes it is Masculine-that's what I like about it. It's unapologetic in it's projection.
    But...
    Big Neutral for the New Formulation.
    It's light and a skimpy shadow of it's former self.
    Poof! Within minutes it's gone. It is Watered Down, Transparent and cheap.
    So sad Really.
    Find an original bottle produced by Victor for the best formulation of a classic.

01st February, 2013

RobbieX's avatar
    RobbieX

A lovely fresh pine based scent. One of my first ever fragrances. Love this to bits

14 September, 2012

dmcwilliams's avatar
    dmcwilliams

This is my first post on BN. Thanks to all for their insightful reviews and comments.

This one was a blind buy based on my desire to find a classic, refreshing cologne that is not your run of the mill fragrance and a bit unusual and something you don't find everywhere. My first impressions of ADS were not all favorable, but it finally grew on me. At first, I was hoping for a more citrus base as that is my preferred scent, but it was initially more of a minty note with a powdery dry down. After a week or so it continued to grow on me and I now can appreciate ADS for what it is...a clean, simple fragrance that does not stick with me to long and that is the way I like it.

My cologne collection:
    Hermes D'Lorange
    Hermes Equipage
    Floris Elite
    Floris Gentlemen's cologne
    Davidoff Zeno (use very sparingly but enjoy for evenings)

16 July, 2012