Acqua di Selva (1949)
by Visconti di Modrone (originally by Victor)

Acqua di Selva information

Year of Launch1949

HouseVisconti di Modrone
Originally byVictor

About Acqua di Selva

Acqua di Selva is a masculine fragrance by Visconti di Modrone. The scent was launched in 1949

Acqua di Selva fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Selva

ad_scott Show all reviews
Cordial, fresh, conventional, classy. Pine and mint freshness on top with slight earthy undertones. A forest vibe - and remindful of Proraso yet more so opulent with a stronger hit in the opening. Very good considering the modest price tag.
27th July, 2017
Really nice, natural-smelling cologne with an herbal piney character, but could have more strenght and longevity.
It's very light and short-lived, sadly.
09th June, 2015
AdS is a nice citrusy-minty-piney-vetivery fragrance, if It makes sense. I don't think It's so light as some reviewers described: the problem is its longevity. On my skin, 4hs max. And I have to spray 8-10 times to get the effect of a regular EDT fragrance. Anyway, It smells nice. After the initial burst of citrus/mint, the pine and vetiver takes control and reminded me instantly the brighter side of Guerlain Vetiver. That being said, Some may think It's a bit dated, but those who can't put up with the smoky and spicy notes of Guerlain Vetiver but appreciate the grass root's smell, will find home here. Great for a sunny sunday at the park, relaxing at home after shower...
07th October, 2014
masj78 Show all reviews
As said by another user I like the orangy, zesty, pine and spicy notes but not a big fan of the floral parts from the carnation and rose that make it smell dated and feminine. Would be nicer for me if these floral notes were absent.
29th August, 2014
Minty Pine. People compare this to Pino Sylvestre, and Aqua Brava. I see that. The significant difference to my nose, is that this one has lots of mint. If you like a minty pine. Also, this one goes well in the warmer weather, better than Brava and Sylvestre. It doesn't last as long as an EDT, but it's longevity is pretty typical of cologne's.
03rd July, 2014
Eh

I bought this because it filled the space I had for the 1940's decade. I haven't worn it many times as it doesn't really smell that great. I don't detect much pine in it (the other reason I bought this). On the whole, the Lectric Shave I use actually smells better than this but you have to tip ones hat for being around so long. Won't wear it much but will keep it around.

Pros: It's from the 1940's
Cons: It's from the 1940's"

14th October, 2013

Add your review of Acqua di Selva

Shop for Acqua di Selva products online

Shop for Acqua di Selva at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Acqua di Selva

Member images of Acqua di Selva

There are no member images of Acqua di Selva yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Acqua di Selva