Agua Brava (1968)

PerfumerRosendo Mateu
PackagingAndré Ricard
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Fragrance & Personal Care

About Agua Brava

Agua Brava is a masculine fragrance by Antonio Puig. The scent was launched in 1968 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Rosendo Mateu and Marcel Carles. The bottle was designed by André Ricard

Agua Brava fragrance notes

Reviews of Agua Brava

My review of praise for Agua Brava consists of the older red wood-schemed box version which is the old formula.The brown box version has been reformulated and I don't care for it.Two words fit this Eau De Cologne perfectly...'rustic' and 'outdoorsy'.Smells very pleasant of pine needles,vetiver, and lemon oil those are the big notes throughout.At this point it would strike you as a darker toned Acqua Di Selva.But take this scent and put in a bowl made out of laurel leaf.A little warm sandalwood comes in combined with a nutty character.Nutty as in the wonderful aroma of varietal shelled nuts you buy at the grocery store to crack during the holidays.There's nothing barbershop like about Agua Brava.Rustic is the best wording because it smells too natural of outside in the woods and not from a fragrance house.Smells like something mountain folk would make as a fragrance utilizing nature's gifts.I don't praise the current formula because I only pick up the pine and lemon oil primarily and everything else is lacking in nasal color(like the sandalwood and nut note) and the rest it's too faint for me to pick it up.But when I splash this on I get this bombarding note of oregano that's front and center.It tones down but even after 30 mins. I can smell the tail end of it in the blend.Light in projection as in being a tad stronger than an aftershave both ola and new formula.But I do get asked about it when interacting with someone up close.
01st February, 2016
Truly awful sandalwood fragrance.

Smells like nonna's hair after she has been cooking pasta sauce all day.

Cheap but can't be cheap enough to make it worthwhile. Steer clear of this.
06th June, 2015
I like the this very much : woody, soft , aromatic ,masculine and cheap. But it has so weak projection and short longtivity (only 1 hour for me).

I use this as everyday casual scent.
28th May, 2015
"For none but the brave" went the unforgettable advertising for Agua Brava. On my travels I have found the original fragrance still on sale in placs as diverse as AbuDhabi, Cairo, Dammam and east Riffa (Bahrain)!

It is a classic gent's fragrance and evocative of all that is good. Well done Puig.
12th May, 2015
Best pine fragrance in my opinion. I got the 17 ounce bad boy on this one. It is completely understandable how this one has the following it does around the world. If I had only one cologne, I'd probably want Agua Brava.
03rd July, 2014
Generic, but only if you compare it with its' sibling Quorum. I notice a lot of similarities between the two. Somewhat linear but a note stands out before the drydown. I don't usually read the composition first so I think this "spikey" middle note is a mixture of dry, bitter (and quite overwhelming) pine with a distinct mossy tinge and faint whiffs of oregano leaves. This note predominates from the start in fact, over and above it's citrusy opening. Drydown gets more interesting with the middle notes toning down a bit and letting the leather and patchouli bloom in an interesting mix. Brilliant stuff indeed!
27th June, 2014 (last edited: 17th July, 2014)

Add your review of Agua Brava

Shop for Agua Brava products online

Shop for Agua Brava at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Agua Brava

Member images of Agua Brava

There are no member images of Agua Brava yet. Why not be the first?