Agua Brava (1968)

PerfumerMarcel Carles
PerfumerRosendo Mateu
PackagingAndré Ricard

About Agua Brava

Agua Brava is a masculine fragrance by Antonio Puig. The scent was launched in 1968 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Rosendo Mateu and Marcel Carles. The bottle was designed by André Ricard

Agua Brava fragrance notes

Reviews of Agua Brava

Truly awful sandalwood fragrance.

Smells like nonna's hair after she has been cooking pasta sauce all day.

Cheap but can't be cheap enough to make it worthwhile. Steer clear of this.
06th June, 2015
I like the this very much : woody, soft , aromatic ,masculine and cheap. But it has so weak projection and short longtivity (only 1 hour for me).

I use this as everyday casual scent.
28th May, 2015
"For none but the brave" went the unforgettable advertising for Agua Brava. On my travels I have found the original fragrance still on sale in placs as diverse as AbuDhabi, Cairo, Dammam and east Riffa (Bahrain)!

It is a classic gent's fragrance and evocative of all that is good. Well done Puig.
12th May, 2015
Best pine fragrance in my opinion. I got the 17 ounce bad boy on this one. It is completely understandable how this one has the following it does around the world. If I had only one cologne, I'd probably want Agua Brava.
03rd July, 2014
Generic, but only if you compare it with its' sibling Quorum. I notice a lot of similarities between the two. Somewhat linear but a note stands out before the drydown. I don't usually read the composition first so I think this "spikey" middle note is a mixture of dry, bitter (and quite overwhelming) pine with a distinct mossy tinge and faint whiffs of oregano leaves. This note predominates from the start in fact, over and above it's citrusy opening. Drydown gets more interesting with the middle notes toning down a bit and letting the leather and patchouli bloom in an interesting mix. Brilliant stuff indeed!
27th June, 2014 (last edited: 17th July, 2014)
Named for the rugged Costa Brava region of northeastern Spain, Agua Brava conjures up the images well, with its blend of fresh and coniferous top notes, and its strong undertone of wood, moss, patchouli and leather. It has an old-school quality of mostly natural ingredients, and is a great way to re-visit the 60's on a less-traveled road (Brut, English Leather and several others being the more commonly traveled paths).

Musically, the parallel I get is Rimsky-Korsakov's "Capriccio Espagnole," with its dramatic evocations of Spain mimicking the dramatic Costa Brava itself. Ole!
21st May, 2014

Add your review of Agua Brava

Shop for Agua Brava products online

Shop for Agua Brava at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Agua Brava

Member images of Agua Brava

There are no member images of Agua Brava yet. Why not be the first?