Alain Delon / AD (1980)
    by Alain Delon

Alain Delon / AD Fragrance Notes

Shop for Alain Delon / AD products online

Reviews of Alain Delon / AD

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.

Legend Of Elvis's avatar
    Legend Of Elvis

In My opinion this is the best fragrance in the world, Sexy, sophisticated, a true gentleman scent. I have about six bottles of this fragrance I first bought this in the eighties, Alain Delon is a famous french actor and brought out his own line of men and women fragrance, this is the most unique scent I've ever worn and people are always asking me what it is as it drives women crazy, sadly discontinued now but can still be found on Ebay, Mr Delon please bring it back

01st April, 2013

Jon_Remy's avatar
    Jon_Remy

Wonderful! It reminds me of Paco Rabanne for Men. I bought five bottles a couple of years ago and I am glad I did since it's now discontinued. A wonderful fragrance in a solid big square bottle! Long-lasting, too!

07 April, 2010

MFJ's avatar
    MFJ

It opens with very nice spices and citrus in a typical 80s style, and within minutes on my skin, starts to reveal the slightly-candied sweetness of aldehydes. The aromatic woods in the base instantly reminds me of Rochas Lui, while retaining a good dose of the citrus in the background, and the benzoin gives it a nice incense-y and slightly powdery texture. There is very mild tint of green bitterness from the moss near the end. How this is discontinued is beyond me. IMO, this could do very well in this day and age.

10th January, 2010

foetidus

I not sure about the sample I have… It doesn’t seem quite right and it’s even an official carded sample. The sample reminds me a lot of Yatagan, which I strongly dislike. It doesn’t remind me of 3rd Man or Santos, which are two of my favorites. Actually, my sample seems to be a sample gone horribly bad, but then, I think of my bottle of Yatagan as something gone horribly bad. I guess I need to find another source for a sample of this just to make sure… in the mean time I have to vote thumb’s down... That something in the top notes is just too annoying to me. It has a very good long, long lasting mossy / cedar drydown, though.

27 September, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Interesting green citrus opening that dries down into a powdery green vanilla. Smells a bit "old man" but that's just my perspective. It does smell good.

13 December, 2008

Dimitrios's avatar
    Dimitrios

Another love at first sniff frag .
    Super rich , complex & very masculine .
    Nothing synthetic or cloying .
    A little secret I will share to those lucky enough to venture this deep researching this sleeper .
    This my friends came before Santos & Caron's 3rd Man , and these two others I believe were crafted , mixed & released with the same results in mind .
    They both came close first Santos , which is like a brother but is a lot weaker hence the Concentree that followed .
    Then 3rd Man which was released some 5 years after AD which I regard a twin but not identical .
    If you like Cartiers & Carons offerings , try & get a sample of this sleeper !
    ***** 4 & half STARS *****
    .ps ... Is nothing like Yatagan as mentioned below .

18 August, 2008