Allure Homme (1999)

PerfumerJacques Polge
PackagingJacques Helleu
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Allure Homme

Designed to build on the ready built market from Chanel's Allure for women, this fragrance has a wide appeal from young to old. A sensual fragrance in a square bottle with a champagne colour top.

Allure Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Allure Homme

Let me just say first and foremost that I am a woman so I'm reviewing this from a secondhand point of view. I'm not wearing it myself, but having just come from sampling this at the store on my husband.

This fragrance is not ground-breaking and does not project out and scream "look at me!" to everyone in the room. It doesn't have to. It quietly insinuates itself into the female psyche and then heads silently right into our drawers. This is a man's skin, but better one thousand percent. A skin scent that makes you edible, quiet frankly. Like you guys, my husband was not impressed with it at the store and went for the typical Chanel Bleu instead. Little does he know I'm getting online and ordering this anyway. It's soft and safe and yet still totally sexy to women just the same regardless of how boring you guys find it. As a woman I'm so bored with smelling the same old clean chilly aquatics and cold breezy aromatics on every man in the crowd. Give me something warm, sensual, and yummy for goodness sake! Too many "must project power" scents in the crowd, and not enough "Come hither, woman" fragrances.
17th June, 2016
This is a great scent from Chanel. Great citrus opening with nice vetiver and tonka bean. I find the Tonka to be the dominant trait in the dry down. I find this to be versatile scent... Office, casual, date night or party. Doesn't project for me past 3 hours but last close to 8 hours with 3 sprays. This is always a compliment getter for me. If you can get a bottle for a decent price go for it. Enjoy!
15th May, 2016
This opened up very synthetic on me and stayed that way for the next 2 hours. It almost made me sick. The chemical mess reminds me of CK eternity. My wife seemed to like it in me. Longevity and projection are decent. I do not understand how this one gets so much love.
22nd February, 2016
A Pour Monsieur for a new generation. Modern, sophisticated, refreshing spicy citrus over wood set off by a light touch of Tonka. Good performance as well.
22nd January, 2016
Blind bought this and it's not bad. I know people will get upset but it's like a fancy version of Abercrombie fierce. Fierce was around in my day but I was more of a woods guy. Anyways it's like an adult less in your face version of fierce. I like this one very easy to pull off without giving someone a headache
21st January, 2016
This is a very light melange of citrus notes laid over a non-descript woody base. It has a slight tendency during the approach to dry down to smell like freshly applied latex paint drying on a wall, but that soon passes.

It is far too simple a formula to come from a house like Chanel. Turin gave it one star, dubbed it a "woody amber," and summed it up as "competent, utterly dull, and unworthy of Chanel." We agree on the statement, but I would not be so harsh as to give it one star. Two or three perhaps, as it is not downright bad, just not very interesting and a bit one dimensional.

Not really worth seeking out, even if you are a Chanel fan.
06th October, 2015