Allure Homme (1999)
    by Chanel

Allure Homme Fragrance Notes

Allure Homme information

Designed to build on the ready built market from Chanel's Allure for women, this fragrance has a wide appeal from young to old. A sensual fragrance in a square bottle with a champagne colour top.

Shop for Allure Homme products online

$138.01*
    150ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 82.50)

Reviews of Allure Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 195 reviews.

dark's avatar
    dark

This is where I find myself in relation to the many reviews of this fragrance here:

agree: warm, sweet/cloying, creamy, generic, feminine

disagree: fresh, complex, masculine, classy, sexy, tobacco

This fragrance was barely distinguishable from about a dozen others I smelled yesterday, but the opening appealed to me, so I put one spray on each wrist and went on my way. I was quickly enveloped in a sweet, thick, cloying cloud which did not evolve in any perceptible way over the next hour or so. I was in a museum, and Allure Homme did, indeed, turn heads. But not in a good way. I can't really speak for the dry down (except the bit remaining on my sleeve this morning, which is pleasant enough), because I was beginning to feel sick and had to find a bathroom and scrub this stuff off, which took some doing. I have never had to do that before.

I found this fragrance terribly sweet, with little to recommend it. It reminded me of the fragrance department in a large, undistinguished department store. A kind of heavy mush of synthetic florals with vague hints of kitchen spices (and over-cooked vegetables?) lurking in the background. This is the fragrance on the middle-aged woman who plops down beside you on an airplane and you just want to...well, you know, you're not happy.

Although I recognize how subjective this all is, I am a little shocked by the vast number of glowing reviews here. I do notice, though, that more than a few people with lukewarm reviews (and even some who seem to quite dislike this fragrance) for some reason give it the thumbs up. I can only think that's about the brand. Definitely not a fan.

02 February, 2014 (Last Edited: 03 February, 2014)

Oproust's avatar
    Oproust

Allure Homme is a creamy, green, citrusy fragrance that displays restrained elegance. Allure Homme is very "Chanel": smooth, classy and free of obvious flaws as it unfolds on my wrist. Safe? Yes. Boring? Maybe. Allure Homme is not exactly ground breaking, but it is a pleasure to wear. Good longevity and projection. I initially rated this "neutral". After additional testing, I've changed my rating to a "thumbs up". Not everything needs to be a masterpiece. Allure Homme isn't, it just smells nice. Sometimes that's all I need.

06 January, 2014 (Last Edited: 12 January, 2014)

silentrich's avatar
    silentrich

Allure Homme is a decent fragrance, but I much prefer either Sport or Edition Blanche. There's just nothing that stands out in this fragrance and the dry down doesn't make up for the mediocre opening. It's not a bad fragrance, but considering how highly it's ranked on here I would have to say this might be the most over rated fragrance I've come across.

07 November, 2013

Possum-Pie's avatar
    Possum-Pie

Peppercorns, Bergamot sandalwood. Put them together and you have the most generic fragrance i have ever smelled. I am not a 'fragrance snob' I own dept. store frags, but they need to put something together that I can differentiate from every other frag out there to win my vote.

05 May, 2013

comfortablynumbbg's avatar
    comfortablynumbbg
    Bulgaria Bulgaria

Great fragrance. Opens up fresh, gets really sexy smelling later on. Has good longevity (better than the sport version for sure).

14 April, 2013

maccus's avatar
    maccus

Pleasant but not amazing, a quality fragrance upon which one might rely for several hours of understated and possibly underwhelming performance Allure Homme is worth having. I keep it in the car for incidental use; consequently, the interior of my car smells very pleasant. Ultimately, it is a demure fragrance featuring tonka bean and a smattering of restrained versions of powerful elements.

02 April, 2013