Ambre Sultan (1993)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Ambre Sultan

Ambre Sultan is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 1993 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Ambre Sultan fragrance notes

Reviews of Ambre Sultan

Amber is a popular note in many perfumes; generally speaking its sweetness can be a bit too much for me. I kept looking for an amber-based fragrance that came with an "edge," something that would temper the syrupy notes that strike me as overwhelmingly one-dimensional. Ambre Sultan accomplishes this via top notes that are bracingly herbal but surprisingly complementary. During the drydown this maintains a perfect balance, even as the herbal notes recede and a vanilla base emerges. To my nose this skews heavily masculine, but what do I know. For me, this is a nearly addictive fragrance and, given the changes brewing chez M. Lutens, I have secured my own personal lifetime supply. That's how much I adore -- and expect to continue adoring -- this perfume. An unqualified success, even in batches from 2016, which is what I've got.
15th September, 2017
Good amber,for me unisex .The best of Lutens imo.
28th August, 2017
Danae by Gustav Klimt 1907
13th May, 2017
A beautiful, masculine amber, with an animalistic opening. I'm not sure that it comes from cistus. Then it goes to a very fresh pine, almost minty, and spices. Beautiful! Sample it first, because there are some very special notes there.
29th April, 2017
Stardate 20161019:

A nice Amber fragrance with some vanilla in it. A bit dirtier than most Ambers.

A reference masculine Amber. Enough said.

FB Worthy
19th October, 2016
Perfect resinous amber, not the light powdery stuff that is in so many women's perfumes. I get a few nice woody notes, pine and cedar mixed in there, but the amber is still the star. A sweet vanilla comes in during the drydown an this must be what is making everyone say it's so feminine.

14th October, 2016

Add your review of Ambre Sultan

Shop for Ambre Sultan products online

Shop for Ambre Sultan at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Ambre Sultan

Member images of Ambre Sultan

There are no member images of Ambre Sultan yet. Why not be the first?