Ambre Sultan (1993)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Ambre Sultan

Ambre Sultan is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 1993 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Ambre Sultan fragrance notes

Reviews of Ambre Sultan

Round, well done. Amber green, infallible, and well blended mixture. Nothing else.
Perfume lovers will have it by one of the best and wisest realizations of the market. Well; but, for me, the perfume in general develops his artistic interest in an attempt to deepen the subjectivity. This perfume is objective, perfect, eternal success. I would give to understand that I not prefer it to the two Ambers Profumum Rome: there is the audacity of the evocation, the purity of the extravagance left to interpretation.
Ambre Sultan is autumn and bourgeois, its evocation is sober. And its popularity is justified.
12th March, 2018
There are ambers, and then there is Ambre Sultan.

Ambre Sultan is a big amber perfume with a focus on herbal elements. The point of departure is an overdose of medicinal bay leaf; an uncanny but tremendously successful pairing. There is a touch of oregano; together the herbal parts perfectly complement and cut through the sweetness of amber, resins and vanilla. The herbs are more prominent initially, but prevail till the finish when the vanilla is more prominent. The sweetness is not sticky or cloying, but thick and dry, like a shawl.

Ambre Sultan is immensely enveloping, and retains one's interest unlike ninety five percent of all 'amber' perfumes. One can wear this day in, day out. One can wear this anywhere, from the Sahara to the Poles.

Exceptional.

25th January, 2018
Amber is a popular note in many perfumes; generally speaking its sweetness can be a bit too much for me. I kept looking for an amber-based fragrance that came with an "edge," something that would temper the syrupy notes that strike me as overwhelmingly one-dimensional. Ambre Sultan accomplishes this via top notes that are bracingly herbal but surprisingly complementary. During the drydown this maintains a perfect balance, even as the herbal notes recede and a vanilla base emerges. To my nose this skews heavily masculine, but what do I know. For me, this is a nearly addictive fragrance and, given the changes brewing chez M. Lutens, I have secured my own personal lifetime supply. That's how much I adore -- and expect to continue adoring -- this perfume. An unqualified success, even in batches from 2016, which is what I've got.
15th September, 2017
Good amber,for me unisex .The best of Lutens imo.
28th August, 2017
Danae by Gustav Klimt 1907
13th May, 2017
A beautiful, masculine amber, with an animalistic opening. I'm not sure that it comes from cistus. Then it goes to a very fresh pine, almost minty, incense and spices. Beautiful! Sample it first, because there are some very special notes there. May be even some mushroom in the opening.
29th April, 2017 (last edited: 27th December, 2017)

Add your review of Ambre Sultan

Shop for Ambre Sultan products online

Shop for Ambre Sultan at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Ambre Sultan

Member images of Ambre Sultan

There are no member images of Ambre Sultan yet. Why not be the first?