America for Men (1996)

HousePerry Ellis
Parent CompanyFalic Group
Parent Company at launchParlux

About America for Men

This scent was made for the America Jeans line of Perry Ellis. Geared towards the young and all Amercian Life the scent is made of all fragrance notes found in North America.[Sc]

America for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of America for Men

Some say Eternity, others say Tommy, I say Polo Sport. It does resemble them all, but really, this is it's own fragrance. Very clean sporty frag, perfect for office and year-round use too. As far as cheapies go, this is very hard to beat. Thumbs up for being a jack of all trades and good at most.
22nd August, 2012
Original review from 2012
A very fruity, very inoffensive daytime fragrance. Strictly superior to Tommy; I find comparisons warranted but complimentary, as America really shines by way of comparison. This is a very youthful fragrance. Perfect for teens. The 25 and up crowd might want to take a pass on this one as it lacks any semblance of sophistication. Still, a pleasant and priced to own spring fragrance.

7.5/10

Edit 3/13/13: Having retried this fragrance for the first time in years, I dare say I have outgrown it to the point of actually finding it quite unpleasant. Really exceptionally cloying on a hot day and the longevity is inconsistent on my skin (and I have average skin; not too dry or oily).

I would now rate this a 4/10. Even though it is very inexpensive, you are better off putting your money towards something better. I'd rather have two or three very good bottles of cologne than 10 not so good ones.
26th January, 2012 (last edited: 14th March, 2013)
bFlay Show all reviews
Sweet and fruity top notes that mellow (dry down?) to odd synthetic woodsy/leathery scent. Distinct chemical scent that lasts during wear. Reminds me of those cardboard air freshner trees for your car! Fortunately, it dissipates to nothing in about 4 or 5 hours.
26th October, 2011
Similar (and better in my opinion) to CK Eternity. It lasts more and smells "cleaner". The Pineapple note is very proeminent.
07th February, 2011
Another "free sample frag" that came with an order. I kind of felt it was like a spicier Cool Water (again, the silly theory they might have of covering all the scent categories in one blend). It's rather strong, harsh and chemically, with a more leathery drydown than Cool Water, but it's the nasty fake Ass-leather note that I get from cheaper aquatics and fruity scents. Sometimes a particular whiff will be repulsive enough that I really marvel at how bad it is. I won't say that I was surprised though.
06th September, 2009
Rip off of Tommy? Nah, I think it's a cross between Cool Water and Tommy. But does a copy really make a cologne bad? I happen to like this. I even like Cool Water as well as Tommy. Most predominantly has the sandalwood crisp drydown of Cool Water and Tommy's top notes of "apple pie". This is good for the younger crowd but is probably "dated" by now with kids wearing Axe knocking off niche brands!
24th September, 2008

Add your review of America for Men

Shop for America for Men products online

Shop for America for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for America for Men

Member images of America for Men

There are no member images of America for Men yet. Why not be the first?