Animale Animale for Men (1994)
by Animale Parfums

Animale Animale for Men information

Year of Launch1994

HouseAnimale Parfums
Parent CompanyThe Animale Group
Parent Company at launchParlux

About Animale Animale for Men

A deeper sexual scent for evening wear. This scent uses some very unique accords for the first time for men called Gourmand or food notes. The scent is very similar to the make up of Angel for woman. [Sc]

Animale Animale for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Animale Animale for Men

If I were to fall in love with a fragrance, I think this one would be very high on my list of possible lovers.

The first time I sprayed it, it was like colours had been added to a day that up until then had been in black and white. It was quite radical and I couldn't help myself, I kept sniffing at my wrist... so much so that I am pretty sure my dog was starting to get a little jealous of the attention.

The price is right, doubling the price would still be right, maybe even tripling it. Unbelievable bang for the buck. If you like gourmand scents, just go for it. I would be really surprised if you regretted it.
27th October, 2015
Danksy Show all reviews
I don't feel well qualified to provide a note breakdown and as several others have done this so much better than I could you can consider this a broad strokes opinion as against a review.

First thing first - the design, printing and plastic moulding are of a shockingly poor standard - mine arrived covered in scuffs and looking like it had previously been used as a hockey puck in the factory before being packed in the equally tasteless (but pristine) box in which it arrived . . . however, physical attributes aside - I really like the smell of this stuff and when all is said and done that's why I wear it.

If packaging and design elements are important to you I suspect that like me you may well be disappointed with Animale Animale but every time I use this fragrance I always enjoy the way it makes me smell and this fact renders any other shortcomings inconsequential.

Several friends I've blind tested this fragrance with responded in a generally positive way and a couple were quite enthusiastic about it. I suppose I should make it known that all testers were forty+ years old as I understand that this can make a difference to how one receives fragrances (forgive me if I've got that wrong - I'm a newbie here).

Personally I'd like to think of myself as being gender/age neutral when it comes to fragrances but I may conceivably harbour some 'old school' leanings given that I started wearing fragrances in the early to mid 1970's when I was fourteen (*Elizabeth Arden Sandalwood splash in a grey plastic screw top bottle - couldn't leave home without it for a couple of years).

To conclude, on a pound for pleasure basis Animale Animale delivers way more than it's price point would suggest (my 100ml bottle cost less than 20 on Amazon).
08th April, 2015 (last edited: 23rd April, 2015)
Salute to the cologne that made me get my feet wet. My very first real buy from something other than bath and body. This fragrance has a scent that almost makes you want to drink the liquid. Very much a gourmand and definitely should be in your collection. Received many a compliment from the ladies and can also believe it or not can be worn through out the year. During summer put this on gently because it will come roaring out to everyone around you.
06th October, 2014
I absolutely love this juice. As it's been said, it's basically A*men without the tar. It's delicious, rich, and complex. It's a staple in my work rotation.
31st January, 2014
spray with no bias, it just nicely done like an A*MEN but not at all . AA is not too sweet.
23rd November, 2013
Tony T Show all reviews
The 1st gourmand for men

not much to add..

I have 2 bottles..

I love Mugler and have all their gourmands..

the price is outrageous!!

Pros: great and not as sweet as modern gourmands
Cons: the lightning bolt in the middle of the bottle"

03rd October, 2013