Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca (1999)
by Guerlain

Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca information

Year of Launch1999

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerMathilde Laurent
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca

Herba Fresca is part of Guerlain's "Aqua Allegoria" fragrance collection. Although aimed at women, some of the fragrances in the range can be considered unisex. The range are designed to be reminiscent of garden walks. They are light like colognes but are longer lasting like an EDT.

Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca fragrance notes

Reviews of Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca

Lovely green and aromatic scent - nothing to add to what others have said here in terms of notes. I really enjoy it - it makes me feel instantly refreshed. Unfortunately, despite reasonable sillage (considering it's a fresh EDT), the performance is pretty poor. Over-spraying can get me 30 mins of a relatively full scent, but witin another hour, it's vanished without trace. Despte this, it's a lovely fragrance - easily good enough to warrant a thumbs up - and I'm happy to spritz it with abandon, considering that it can be found as cheap as chips on auction sites.
13th June, 2017
I usually don't like scents based on green tea, just because I associate its smell with cheap spa products, and I usually don't like minty perfumes either, so it's a minor miracle that I actually like Herba Fresca. It gets the balance just right, with the tea keeping the mint from smelling like toothpaste, while the mint keeps the tea from smelling cheap. Other than that, there's some lemony verbena adding to the tea vibe, as well as some soapy musk.

My only real complaint about Herba Fresca is that it never really goes anywhere, lasting easily all day, but just smelling like mint and lemongrass and soapy tea the whole time. It's a nice smell, but I kind of wish they had built a little more complexity into this. Anyway, still a thumbs up!
24th November, 2015
If you like mint and also you do appreciate quality in fragrances, you should at least try this one because it's a great scent.

At the beginning I can smell a fresh lemony scent along with mint and some mellow floral notes in the background.
The lemon note here unlike any other fragrances that I've tested is sweet. it's not tart or sour at all.
There is a kind of lemon that I don't know what's the true name of it in English (maybe sweet lemon) but it looks like lemon but with sweet taste instead of tart.
It's fresh and watery and slightly sweet that makes the opening very bright and pleasing. also I can smell the bitterness of the lemon's peel in it which is another add to the overall natural quality of the scent.
There is heavy dose of mint right beside this fresh lemon which is the most natural mint aroma that I've tested by far. smells exactly like fresh mint leafs with their lovely green, slightly bitter and unique smell.
Floral notes are soft but completely noticeable and they do have classic kind of feel.

In the mid the overall feeling of the scent in almost the same but now it's less lemony and fresh, a little more bitter because of lemon's peel aroma, still green and minty, more floral and slightly earthy.
No changes till the end.
It's a simple scent but very natural and made from high quality ingredients.
Projection is good (above average) but longevity is below average and something around 2-3 hours on the skin.
23rd July, 2015
If you want a fresh, summer scent which doesn't disappear in minutes, this would be eminently suitable.

I love that fresh citrus start-with that hint of an almost medicinal herby note. The mint hidden here becomes much more strong, and the contrast of fruit/ herbal notes is especially enjoyable when you get alternating gusts of each note.

This lasts surprisingly well: 4-6 hours on me, and projects rather strongly without gassing people.
16th July, 2015
Wearing Herba Fresca reminds me of thrashing through stems and branches that tower over a curious young explorer of my leafy green neighborhood wilderness in the childhood memories that seem like a lifetime ago. The herbal green sap hits you in the face while the mint is a subtle background note that might come from sun baked, ozone freshened air that fills my lungs above the crushed flowers as I trample my way through vacant lots taking the road less traveled by. An urban wilderness adventure just to get to school by the short cut. Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca remains one of the few successful Aqua Allegoria - still works for me. Rated 3 of 5 stars.
13th May, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
Lemon, mint, green tea, a white flowery drydown, all right but quite generic-synthetic. Mediocre. Limited sillage and projection with three hours of longevity. 2.5/5
22nd March, 2015

Add your review of Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca

Shop for Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca products online

Shop for Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca

Member images of Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca

There are no member images of Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca yet. Why not be the first?