Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca (1999)
by Guerlain

Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca information

Year of Launch1999

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerMathilde Laurent
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca

Herba Fresca is part of Guerlain's "Aqua Allegoria" fragrance collection. Although aimed at women, some of the fragrances in the range can be considered unisex. The range are designed to be reminiscent of garden walks. They are light like colognes but are longer lasting like an EDT.

Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca fragrance notes

Reviews of Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca

Wearing Herba Fresca reminds me of thrashing through stems and branches that tower over a curious young explorer of my leafy green neighborhood wilderness in the childhood memories that seem like a lifetime ago. The herbal green sap hits you in the face while the mint is a subtle background note that might come from sun baked, ozone freshened air that fills my lungs above the crushed flowers as I trample my way through vacant lots taking the road less traveled by. An urban wilderness adventure just to get to school by the short cut. Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca remains one of the few successful Aqua Allegoria - still works for me. Rated 3 of 5 stars.
13th May, 2015
Lemon, mint, green tea, a white flowery drydown, all right but quite generic-synthetic. Mediocre. Limited sillage and projection with three hours of longevity. 2.5/5
22nd March, 2015
Green Tea with Mint...

What a wonderful, lovely scent! So green and innocent! It is said that Jean-Paul Guerlain wanted to evoke with this the impression of when you are a child playing barefoot in the grass... and what an impression this one creates! The tea combined with the cyclamen, lilly-of-the-valley and clover, really give a light, airy, fresh, ozonic feeling to the whole fragrance, but the mint is the real player here. It's not a toothpaste-like mint, this is more of a green mint leaf crushed between your fingers kind of mint. It's extremely refreshing! Especially when combined with the lemon and green tea.

It's definitely beautiful stuff! I put some on earlier and it lasted six hours! Even longer on clothes! In my opinion this one is perfect for any time of year... and totally unisex! In fact, men, women, children... absolutely anyone can wear it! It's calm, clean, natural and inoffensive. A real masterpiece of freshness!
09th December, 2014
My spring/summer fragrance. I suffer through the excessively minty stage to get to the garden-walk dry-down. I love wearing this.
09th November, 2014
I bought this unknown to me perfume,2 yrs ago in the Paris airport. At the time I was specifically looking for a citrusy perfume ( it was winter and I always seem to crave citrus ( to eat AND smell!) that time of yr.) the sales woman showed me Herba Fresca which I'd never heard of. Honestly, I'm not smart enough yet to describe all the " notes" but I instantly bonded w the ( spear) minty scent. I LOVE it. I am an outside person and flower gardener and have always loved sweet but fresh floral scents.... I know....possibly to my friends' and co workers' disdain.
My only criticism is , on me, it seems as if the scent evaporates off of me in a couple of hours. Possibly just my body chemistry reaction. Or my sense of smell?
To me it's a happy, upbeat, fresh scent. Ive read the other reviews and do not smell cut grass or lily of the valley.
To give you an idea of perfumes I've loved for YEARS: Tatiana ( very sweet), White Shoulders, simply lovely and Sun , Moon and Stars during the winter mos since its a tad ' heavier' on me.
If anyone else has recommendations for me, I'd love to hear.
Thank you!
01st March, 2014
I saw the words "herba fresca" and was reminded of Gap's Grass perfume created around the same time this one was. Sure enough, there is a strong herbaceous smell, but also, unexpectedly, mint. As it dries, a sweet green tea emerges and an herby (but not mossy) scent remains. Wearing this made me feel like I was walking on a lovely green hill, wrapped in a warm sweater, with a crisp clean breeze floating by. I am definitely coveting this one.
24th February, 2014

Add your review of Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca

Shop for Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca products online

Shop for Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca

Member images of Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca

There are no member images of Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca yet. Why not be the first?