Arabie (2000)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Arabie

Arabie is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Reviews of Arabie

If I was to make my usual Christmas fruitcake, and then pour Rochas Femme into it alongside the brandy, it would be just like this. I love it, but probably will never wear it out of the house. Certainly not to work. Just to bed in winter.
10th July, 2015
Here it is folks - All of the thick overbearing syrupy cloying sweetness that Lutens haters love to hate. If you've ever wondered what they are talking about, look no further, because this is the place to find it.

I quite like it myself, and am glad that I have it, but you better know what you are in for when you reach for the trigger.
04th July, 2015
Arabie certainly has clove in it, but the clove doesn’t overpower the rest of the notes, although very noticeable. In a small way, it reminds me of L’Artisan’s Piment Brulant, but only because they both share a clove note. Arabie is definitely gourmand, while PB is more like a vegetable garden, raw and uncooked. Also, Arabie is definitely sweeter than PB because PB isn’t sweet at all. I suspect most people will either love it or hate it. It seems to drown itself, during drydown, in a watery base, as I suspect is typical with most Serge Lutens scents. Overall, during drydown, any pleasant smell is gone. I can certainly live without Arabie.
31st December, 2014
I was initially concerned about some of the other reviews stating this wonderful perfume
has a "curry tang" with regards to the cumin i presume.I found this not to be to my nose.Arabie has a wonderful notes of fruits dates,figs,mandarin it evokes memories of North Africa.Sandalwood and vanilla in the dry down this to me is quite sublime.I was sitting on the fence so to speak wondering whether to give this a try and I'm glad i have it;s a unique perfume.
07th December, 2014
Arabie is so very sweet and fragrant. It is one of my favorite gourmands. Like all the Serge Lutens fragrances that I have, a little goes a long way. I love the spicy and oriental aura. It lasts a very long time on my skin 10+ hours. I get many compliments every time I wear it.
22nd April, 2014
A really great oriental spicy fragrance with modern scent but at the same time shadow of the classic fragrances casting upon it.
At the opening I can smell lots of dried fruits followed by strong spices and some sweetness.
Dried fruits all together remind me of the taste and smell of apricot fruit roll and it's very tasty!
This fruity opening also has lots of spices.
I can smell cumin and pepper and I don't know, maybe other spices and there is a creamy sandalwood in the background too.
The sweetness is buttery and creamy and give the whole scent a sensual aroma and also tune down the spices very well.
The scent is linear and only gets smoother as time goes by.
Both projection and longevity is great.
People can smell it and it gives me around 7-9 hours of longevity.
A great fragrance for cold days of fall and winter. don't use it in the high heat!
30th January, 2014

Add your review of Arabie

Shop for Arabie products online

Shop for Arabie at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Arabie

Member images of Arabie

There are no member images of Arabie yet. Why not be the first?