Aramis (1965)

PerfumerBernard Chant
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances
Parent Company at launchEstee Lauder Companies

About Aramis

Aramis was launched by Estee Lauder Companies in September 1964 in New York and then in the UK, exclusively in Harrods at first in 1965. It has remained popular ever since and is a true classic fragrance. The Aramis range has grown and includes a wide range of shaving, hair, bath and body products. Aramis Gold was launched in 1998, which has a scent based on the original Aramis.

Aramis fragrance notes

Reviews of Aramis

Salutation.

a heavy and dry woody,lethery scent.it is complex and strong.the Scent starts quite potent with bergamot, gardenia,clover and aldehydes.these adorable sharp and fresh notes,is the most interesting surprise for me.

This brief introduction,leads to the heart which is full of patchouli,sage, jasmine and a little cardamom.the dry down is simply weird and virile with
leather,vetiver and sandalwood that makes it eternal classic,absolutely gorgeous and elegant.the sillage is ok and the longevity is very good on my skin.

7.5/10
09th June, 2015
For gay men in the early 70s, this was as prevalent as Old Spice for our father and grandfathers. Every male, straight or gay, BATHED in it, so my memory of it is that is nauseatingly repulsive.

However, once my nose became educated, and I was able to disassociate the scent from experience, I find that this is a dry, tweedy, oak moss-laden, chypre, that is quite basic 101 in your face, direct OAK MOSS CHYPRE, in case anyone was interested in having a basic course in that area.

As such, it is an excellent reference scent. The re-formations are (thankfully) less powerful and more balanced, but still striking.

The pyramid:

Top: Artemesia, Bergamot, Cumin, Gardenia
Heart: Jasmine Patchouli, Orris, Vetiver, Sandalwood
Base: Oak Moss, Castoreum, Amber Musk
08th June, 2015
Wow what a scent ...a true legend! every kid in the 80's would of smelt this at some point on their grandad or dad, teacher , bus driver etc etc ..I bought a small bottle five years ago which has lasted til now, although admittedly I don't use it often but you only need a small amount anyway. If I wear this too often I can quickly become a bit sick of the scent but occasionally worn it's a sheer blast of luxury and masculinity that compliments a freshly ironed shirt and few pints in your local. Don't expect women of my generation to be too impressed tho it seems to either puzzle them or tell me it reminds them of their dad !
28th May, 2015
I have only sample and wear it today first time. This strong, masculine, dark but soft scent. This is unique and easily recognizable . There is something medicine scent which I don't like. Maybe it is the oil essences ? I would not buy whole bottle of this.
7 / 10.
22nd May, 2015
Aramis has survived several changes of the fashion guard. And so it deserves.

I wear this interchangeably with my wife's Cabochard. They do the same job, with their coconut fixed with iris root, their patchouli, and their floral aldehydes. Aramis tends a bit more to the myrrh; cabochard tends a bit more to the tobacco. They converge within an hour, if you compare them side by side. Azuree also has much in common.

One for all, and all for one.
21st February, 2015
worst sent i have ever smelled so far , so strong and skanky it makes me sick , i hate it
03rd January, 2015

Add your review of Aramis

Shop for Aramis products online

Shop for Aramis at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Aramis