Aramis (1965)
    by Aramis

Aramis Fragrance Notes

Aramis information

Aramis was launched by Estee Lauder Companies in September 1964 in New York and then in the UK, exclusively in Harrods at first in 1965. It has remained popular ever since and is a true classic fragrance. The Aramis range has grown and includes a wide range of shaving, hair, bath and body products. Aramis Gold was launched in 1998, which has a scent based on the original Aramis.

Shop for Aramis products online

109ml EdT
    100ml Cologne
    100ml EdT

Reviews of Aramis

Showing 1 to 6 of 144 reviews.

Zgb's avatar
    Zgb
    Croatia Croatia

Incredible in fact I haven't written a review. I've tried it in 22.06.2013., last year and seem to completely forgot to write something about this classic.

Retro indeed but in style and fashion of its own, incomparable with others. Citruses and vetiver are strong with the hint of patchouli. I tend to be of an opinion that the citruses play a key role in separating Aramis from the rest of the fragrances of that era, that is, citruses give it a certain different dimension. I could compare it though with Lagerfeld Classic, however Aramis is not that much thick, although it does contain this hint of powderiness. Powdery maybe but also quite sharp unlike Lagerfeld. Higher pitched tones of fragrance notes are present, everything is neatly cut about it, nothing is round or smooth, but sharp and rough, just the way it's supposed to be - manly but also formal and elegant.

Being sharp, Aramais does contain certain amount of warmth about it. It is the sharpness in fact that actually makes it strong and potent, yet not in a manner to suffocate the wearer and his surroundings. Formal attire is required if you want this fragrance to give your style a full backup and show its own potential, otherwise you're just look and smell weird. (worn/tried 1st time 22.06.2013.)

Scent 10/10
    Longevity 7/10
    Projection 7/10

29 March, 2014

del's avatar
    del

I obliged when the store owner asked me to try Aramis since I knew it is a classic scent. Aramis is a powerful one, but not in a good way -- offensive and unpleasant to my nose. So I rushed home to wash my wrist off. Really can’t stand this one. If you’re thinking of buying this blind, think a hundred times.

09 March, 2014

Shifty Bat's avatar
    Shifty Bat

Imagine smelling each note in the above pyramid blended impeccably and in equal parts, natural as anything.
    This is the late 80's/early 90's cologne formulation of Aramis.

I've tried the current version several times in Macys, Perfumania, and Marshalls, but this cologne formula really appeals to me. Older Aramis is a reference woody masculine, a master of pleasant simplicity (reminds me very strongly of the equally pleasant Fendi Uomo). The current version is still at least very good, just far out of the ballpark of most mainstream modern masculines, which in itself is refreshing (it's still really big and lavishly loud).

21st February, 2014

rum's avatar
    rum
    Greece Greece

If I'm not mistaken, it's this fragrance that I was given in a small bottle (maybe 4ml?) in a splash when I was very young. I used to take whiffs of it and kept it in a small children's bag. Nonetheless, I'm not quite sure what happened to that bag now, but during my teens I used the aftershave of this and it was way too strong. But I rediscovered the EdT in 2006 and have since started taking a liking to this old classic. There is a reason why this has remained on the perfume shelves ever since. It just smells so refined and classy, it's hard to resist the masculine aroma from it.
    Yes, it's a heavy scent, but that just means you need to apply less and maybe go easy on it in the heat. It's an aromatic woody/spicy scent and has leather, patchouli and possibly a bit of amber in there. It's a lot sweeter than I remember but still quite divine nonetheless. It's up there with all the other classic - Tabac Original, Old Spice, Givenchy Gentleman and Puig's Quorum. No fragrance head should be without a bottle!

13 January, 2014 (Last Edited: 23 January, 2014)

poulad20's avatar
    poulad20

what happened?

Where are the notes like before for the perfumes? did u changed your manner about perfumes? where can I find the notes after this?

20th August, 2013

EdCSplash's avatar
    EdCSplash

HARD AS NAILS

starts off as a sharp piercing smell that gradually fades into a glowing golden radiant amber aura of manliness with a nice rich wood base

better than azzaro ph has all the strength projection and longevity minus the horrible top notes

girls will like it on a guy that exudes high confidence and isn't afraid to assert himself, this will work on the mature amongst us that know what they want and keep a poker face, it will fail on those used to wearing aquatics and don't maintain an upright composure

not dated at all, just needs the right man to wear it

4.5/5

Pros: STRONG, masculine, ultra high longevity, you can smell the confidence on this one
    Cons: maybe a bit too overpowering for those with delicate nostrils"

12 July, 2013