Aramis (1965)

PerfumerBernard Chant
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances
Parent Company at launchEstee Lauder Companies

About Aramis

Aramis was launched by Estee Lauder Companies in September 1964 in New York and then in the UK, exclusively in Harrods at first in 1965. It has remained popular ever since and is a true classic fragrance. The Aramis range has grown and includes a wide range of shaving, hair, bath and body products. Aramis Gold was launched in 1998, which has a scent based on the original Aramis.

Aramis fragrance notes

Reviews of Aramis

Aramis starts off with a citrus and incense dominated vibe. The citrus fades straight away while leather and sandalwood notes soon express themselves. An animalistic note also develops which stays for the duration and is similar in the much later developed Kouros product by YSL.

I am pleased to note that the incense backs off to a supportive role and the animalistic vibe is also not strong enough to put me off, as it does in Kouros. Good potency, projection and longevity at a bargain price. Quite masculine without all the heavy bluster of many full out powerhouse frag, although I think "powerhouse style" with this one too. Aa another reviewer has stated, along with Havana and Tuscany, this scent illustrates the ability of the Aramis house to produce very nice masculine scents that offer considerable appeal at a rock bottom price, bravo Aramis.
01st April, 2017 (last edited: 02nd April, 2017)
Zowiee Show all reviews
Been years since I have worn this fragrance, but picked up a bottle based on reviews and past experience. My wife used to beg me to wear this, so I did. Don't know why I stopped (due to too many other fragrances no doubt), but now I wearing it again! A fantastic fragrance at a fantastic price! What's not to love?!
08th February, 2017
A Winston Wolf fragrance. While frequently proscribed by the Sir Topham Hatt figure of this particular virtual neighborhood for some time now and commonly eschewed by the cherubs, the more time I spend with various russian leathers the more I value what Aramis provides; spice, herbal, bitter, green, with slight birch smoke.

If a scent could commandeer...

p.s. My bottle is of the 'cologne spray' and I find a lot of similarity to Bandit.
04th January, 2017
I'm 45 and dove into this hobby about 18 months ago. I'm learning much, but have nowhere near the experience of many here. I have almost 100 different scents to choose from in an given day, but when I don't feel like putting too much thought into the decision I always seem to end up wearing Aramis. It just always fits my mood or my attire. I've worn it enough that the wife now associates the fragrance with me, so I think that makes it my signature now. I don't know notes and don't care about perceptions. It smells great to me, and I'm good with that.
16th December, 2016
A pleasant, shimmering classic scent by Aramis. The aerosol style dispenser can be tricky to work with; but with a light application, Aramis is spicy, bright, and woody. Doesn't last too long on me, but overall a nice, dignified outing from the house of Aramis.
09th December, 2016
I didn’t have the opportunity to test any Aramis fragrances until now and my dad wasn’t (and still isn’t) one of those fragrance lovers so this oldie does not remind me of him.
After testing this I was just amazed how beautiful and classy this cheap (as far as price!) fragrance smells like.

At the opening I can smell a bitter herbal note mixed with some spices and they are softened by mellow sweetness and very rich and at the same time very smooth floral notes. floral in this fragrance kind of smells like rose but also mixed with other floral notes that their combination just feels so classy and manly. It doesn’t feel feminine and fluffy at all. something that truly I loved and got my attention right from the first sniff was how amazingly well balanced this fragrance is. everything meshed together with just right amount of power. it’s not so bitter or so sweet or so floral … it's just how it should be.

As time passed the bitterness of herbal notes and sweetness of musk both got smoother and the magic of the show, showed up! in the mid leather joins in and adds a smooth bitter leathery, slightly smoky and slightly animalic feel to the main semi sweet, herbal, floral and spicy backbone of the fragrance and makes scent more manly and more classy.

In the base scent did not change that much from the mid but as scent was smoothing down I’ve got a little stronger spicy/peppery feel and a mellow powdery aura in the background.

A true winner in my book. I loved and enjoyed every single second of it on my skin.
Since I was definitely testing newest formulation of this fragrance projection and longevity wasn’t beast mode like original ones but it wasn’t weak and watery at all. projection was good and above average and it stayed for around 8 hours on my skin.
05th December, 2016

Add your review of Aramis

Shop for Aramis products online

Shop for Aramis at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Aramis