Aramis 900 (1973)

PerfumerBernard Chant
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances
Parent Company at launchEstee Lauder Companies

About Aramis 900

Described by Aramis as "Tradition with a dash of the unexpected."

Aramis 900 fragrance notes

Reviews of Aramis 900

If you've ever felt like wearing Aromatics Elixir but found it just too much, this might be what you're after.

A900 is a cleaned up, smoothed out version of Aromatics with a lot of the bombast stripped away. Its a much quieter, positively modest version that has nothing like the same staying power - which makes it easier to carry off than its monumental sibling but its also a lot less fun: a bit like Ride of the Valkyries played by brass band when you were hoping for the Berlin Philharmonic.

***
03rd February, 2017 (last edited: 10th February, 2017)
Smells exactly the same as Boucheron pour Homme. Soapy. Not a wrong scent but nothing special.
18th August, 2016
Stardate 20160726:
Vintage Version.

So I did not like it the first 2 times I tried. But that was in the winter.
Today is a hot and humid day and boy does this shine.
The green and the rose singing in unison. A fresh soapiness that is much desired in this 90+F (30+C) weather.
Like Lauder for Men don't try this during winter.

A masterpiece.
26th July, 2016
My first fragrance purchase many years ago (having taken many samples of my dad's Brut). I bought this in duty free on my first foreign holiday as I thought the bottle looked sophisticated. A superb scent, leather with superb rosewood, strong, dominating, long lasting, unique, gentlemanly. Many fragrances on since then, my son bought me a bottle of the new Gentleman's Collection 900. It brought back may memories on first spray and still smells remarkably similar to the original. Perhaps lacks the depth and oomph of the original, but still streets ahead of most modern frags.
05th March, 2016
Wow, this is good. Bright and floral at first. I had to wait and keep smelling. It gets more masculine very quickly and dries down to a clean soap smell. Subtle after three hours, you smell clean and well groomed. I can't believe this was formulated in 1973 and wonder if it's been tweaked. I bought this blind and love it.
24th November, 2015
I recently blind bought a 100ml bottle of this because it's one of the scents I remember from my youth, and I felt it had to be in my new and rapidly expanding collection. The last time I tried it was approximately 1990, so 25 years ago. It is and it isn't how I remember. I think I would have recognised it and dare to say been able to name it, but I remember something more fruity, more intensely herbal too.
Now: yes herby at the start. I thought rosemary, but it's not listed as an ingredient I think, so I'm wrong there. Rose from start to finish, but not the flower rose, once I thought Turkish Delight, but mostly it reminds me of old fashioned rose soap. Having said that it's not feminine, definitely masculine. To me it's an honest, clean, wholesome scent.
This is the picture it gives to me: a large but quite stark hotel room, white walls, bright, a B&B, England, about 1950, a bright summer morning, but it rained the night before, the large sash window is wide open to a garden. A man, about 35, clean shaven, dark hair, wearing trousers and braces hanging down, shirtless, standing at a white porcelain sink in front of a small mirror washing his body with the rose-fragrance soap provided by the hotel. The water is cold. The bed behind him is empty. He'll put his white shirt, tie and blazer on, pay at reception and never return.
Silage is good (it always is on me as I'm trigger happy) and it fades completely after about 5 hours. Definitely a thumbs up from me.
July 2015.
Later edit: forgot one thing. The original green fluted bottle was so much better. The current one is a but rubbish in comparison 😞
04th July, 2015

Add your review of Aramis 900

Shop for Aramis 900 products online

Shop for Aramis 900 at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Aramis 900

Member images of Aramis 900

There are no member images of Aramis 900 yet. Why not be the first?