Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984)
by Giorgio Armani

PackagingAlain de Mourgues
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections
Parent Company at launchHelena Rubinstein

About Armani Eau Pour Homme

Giorgio Armani's original men's fragrance.

Armani Eau Pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Armani Eau Pour Homme

ohh my my my entire perfumery hobby ( a recently acquired one ! ) there was no other scent I anticipated / dreamt of smelling as much as Armani Eau Pour Homme , from the initial days when I started reading about fragrances (for the past 4 to 5 months ) to this day ...this is one fragrance I was dying to smell as the love it was shown by serious hobbyist is universal in their praise albeit many have observed that the vintage was the ultimate classic and new formulation is a pale shadow of its former self ...but since I couldn't find the vintage I ordered the latest with silver bottom ( not black ) in a blind purchase .. ...and today is the first day of my wearing ..and what a fragrance it has turned out to be / smooth / classic ...of all the samples that I have from various houses ...barring a few honorable exceptions like Aventus & Guerlain L'eau Boisee and a few others...this has been by far the best smelling fragrance ..and I feel like kicking myself that I have spent so much time on this earth without even knowing that something like this exists and can bring so much joy to the wearer...!
It opens with a rich citrus / tangy opening and very quickly settles down to a smooth / classic scent .....and boy it does smell absolutely fantastic !
In my reviews so far I was worried that I have been giving thumbs down to so many perfumes that even editors will think that this guy is "negativity personified" but I was always searching for that smell which would literally sweep me off my feet in a good way , doesn't smell synthetic ....doesn't get cloying so many of the modern chemically laden horrors existing today and I guess after wearing this ...I am very close to finally settling down with this hobby as a content man.
For all basenoters who haven't smelled this yet ...please go ahead and buy the bottle and you wont regret it ...its the epitome of classic citrus / with a tangy / spicy hint coming from the clove and the basil notes and finally settles to a woody mossy base.
The Longevity and sillage is average 4 hrs on my skin but I need to wear it a bit more to say that with certainty.
This will surely uplift the mood under any weather but summers is what its meant to brighten up ...ohh boy ...cant get enough of it ..!
I highly recommend it as a blind buy and in my books this is 9 on 10 classic fragrance !
23rd September, 2015

The Essence of Pure man.Everything about ARMANI EAU PH speaks of Dignity, deep pleasure and exhilaration.It is not my favorite of ARNMANI but I still Love it nonetheless.Strong and Refreshing at the same time Soft and Clean. In other words Crisp,Cool, Vibrant,Classic,Lovely,Elegant and Aromatic.

At the beginning It smells predominate of the Citrus notes then the discreet Touch of Jasmine,Rose and Cinnamon makes Middle notes.The base notes are quite Masculine and Beautiful.This composition makes it a Great standby for Every eventuality from business to pleasure.

ARMANI EAU PH is appropriate a Gentleman who attention to Elegance yet who can roar if he Likes. It is for Tropical weather that can be worn Formally or Informally.If you are Looking for a Classic and Distinguished smell that Everybody will be asking You about it you are exactly at the right place.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

01st July, 2015
Can't vouch for the current version as I have a few bottles of different vintages. Aeph is based on the classical Eau de Cologne structure (citrus, herbs, oak moss). What's different with Aeph is the addition of cloves which adds a darker dimension to the bright EdC structure.

Even with the addition of cloves, Aeph still doesn't last that long, 3 hours at most. However, it's a great scent for a warm, sunny day and offers something a bit different from the classic EdC.

28th May, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
The original sports a very traditional opening, with a good lemon-citrus start with a classy lavender drydown. The base is based on sandalwood with hints of white musk, vetiver and mossy hints. Traditional but well done. Alas recent samples were watered down in quality and now only deserve a neutral score. Adequate sillage and projection with four hours of longevity. 2.5/5
23rd March, 2015
gimpy Show all reviews
Never was there a more beautiful, classical scent. Like heroin for your olfactory senses.

(Vintage version)
13th March, 2015
Anyove who calls this the "Original Armani Scent" knows absolutely nothing about it. I still have a couple of bottles of the original eau pour homme from the 90's and even a bottle of the aftershave and I've got to tell you the difference is huge. The new scent smells good for about 5 minutes and then it smells like nothing. The Original has a very clean citrusy and woody spice scent to it, the oakmoss I'm guessing. The longevity and sillage are more than reasonable. Anyone interested should try the original. You can still find it on Internet sales platforms but be sure to check out the details before you buy. I would suggest you look at "Raiders of the lost scent" and punch in Original get all the info you'll need while searching
30th December, 2014 (last edited: 07th January, 2015)

Add your review of Armani Eau Pour Homme

Shop for Armani Eau Pour Homme products online

Shop for Armani Eau Pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Armani Eau Pour Homme

Member images of Armani Eau Pour Homme

There are no member images of Armani Eau Pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?