Aspen for Men (1989)
by Coty (originally by Quintessence)

Aspen for Men information

About Aspen for Men

Aspen for Men is a masculine fragrance by Coty. The scent was launched in 1989

Aspen for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Aspen for Men

It's a little green, it's a little woody, it's a bit lavender-y, it's clean and soapy and not cloying.

I understand the comparisons and parallels to Cool Water, but it's definitely unique.

I don't get the pine or "forest-y" notes that some people point out.

It gets compliments and has yet to offend even after drowning in it, so long as you don't tell anyone between the ages of 25 and 40 what the scent they're enjoying so much is.

"Oh, you're wearing Aspen? I haven't been able to tolerate that since somebody spilled a bottle of Aspen on the floor of my 8th grade science class."
11th May, 2016
One aspect about Aspen when this cologne surfaced was it was easy to overlook as Eternity For Men and Cool Water were heavily advertised.In my low-paying job as a teen back then it was Aspen I could afford but Cool Water's much higher price was on the Christmas list request.$45 for Cool Water from any department store was atrocious...but that was the 'in' scent back then.Cool Water became a Christmas present for a few years but fate dealt a different hand and I just ended up liking Aspen more over the years.Not surprising really as I like forest green scents as an outdoorsman and being away from the urban jungle.Aspen is very green leafy and woody with a zing of mint and citrus to it creating that freshness vibe people compare to CW.Kind of develops a soapy esque drydown as a little lavender blossoms out and combines with the freshness.It smells the same from Coty as it did way back then.In fact I never caught on to the transition when Quintessence went belly up.Decent longevity-I get 6 hours out of it until it's merely a fabric scent.Probably the one everyday cologne that I stuck with the longest.
31st January, 2016
Awful, rank and putrid! Pine car freshener and Flexall!
17th May, 2015
I bought this cologne in the early 90's because the leaf on the bottle reminded me of the Super Leaf in Super Mario Bros 3. It smelled like what I expected a cologne to smell like. Now, I was in my tweens during that time. I knew nothing about cologne at all, other than I bought the thing that reminded me of a video game and I liked the way it smelled.

Fast forward 20 years. I've still got the same bottle. My collection has grown to about 30-40 bottles at the moment. I've been down the Creed path. And you know what? This stuff was a lucky first purchase. It smells like GIT/Coolwater, except it lasts all day. I sprayed it on this morning to try to lure on the Spring and to be a bit nostalgic. It's followed me everywhere I've lived, but rarely been used. I applied one spray to my chest at 7:45 am. It's 10:45 pm, and I just caught a whiff of it. I can't imagine I could say the same if I'd used CW. Perhaps GIT would still be present, but if this is the same formulation as what's available today, the inner miser in me must urge you to pick up a bottle and keep an open mind.

02nd April, 2015
This is my first review on Basenotes. I know a lot of people are into the super expensive fragrances and will often look down upon these so called cheapies. Don't get me wrong I love my Creeds, Herod and all those amazing frags but bottom line is I simply love this stuff and I can get a huge bottle of awesomess for $10-11. ASPEN to me is a awesome fresh and affordable men's fragrance that possesses a blend of outdoorsy scents including woods, citrus and spices. It has been around for a long time and probably will continue to stay around for a long time due to it's great smell and price. Every time I wear this fragrance I can count on comments about how good I smell. For the price you pay for this fragrance I would say Aspen Cologne is a no brainer. Try it and you will love it.
18th March, 2015
I'd been putting off a blind buy of Aspen for ages, but finally caved in and am very glad I did - this really does smell very similar to Green Irish Tweed - the difference being that in GIT the notes are much more natural, separate and pronounced. Obviously GIT is by far the better of the two fragrances but I can guarantee you that the vast majority of people smelling Aspen on you would never notice the difference.

I also find Aspen to be closer to Cool Water than GIT, but much superior to Cool Water, having a smoother and softer feel, without the shouty loud topnotes that CW has, and a pleasant woodsy drydown.

Personally I don't really get much in the way of pine from this but lots of others seem to. Longevity of around 2-3 hours, which I suppose is to be expected from a scent this cheap. Apart from that, big thumbs up, especially for an autumn daytime scent.
17th September, 2014 (last edited: 18th September, 2014)

Add your review of Aspen for Men