Aspen for Men (1989)
by Coty (originally by Quintessence)

Aspen for Men information

About Aspen for Men

Aspen for Men is a masculine fragrance by Coty. The scent was launched in 1989

Aspen for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Aspen for Men

The only thing Coty ever got right. Among the Coty fragrances that could be bought for under $10 at most drug stores, this has it's place among some legendary affordable colognes. Not certain if there was a reformulation but it seems to smell the same as it did in 1995 when I first smelled it. There are a lot of comparisons to Cool Water and I've even heard Green Irish Tweed by Creed. I like to freshen my linens and clothing with this fresh fragrance. It's super cheap but rightly so since it doesn't last very long. This is such a clean smelling fragrance and you won't forget it ever.
02nd July, 2017 (last edited: 03rd July, 2017)
One of the first fragrances I'd worn as a teenager, Aspen for Men always struck me as a pleasant pine scent done well. The recent Carven L'Eau Intense is remarkably similar in the fragrance note profile, and I get a whiff of Aspen in that scent which smells fresh and distinctive.

Sure, Aspen is a drug-store caliber scent that's quite inexpensive, but I think it has its place as a fairly legendary, enduring cologne to check out.
31st January, 2017
It's a little green, it's a little woody, it's a bit lavender-y, it's clean and soapy and not cloying.

I understand the comparisons and parallels to Cool Water, but it's definitely unique.

I don't get the pine or "forest-y" notes that some people point out.

It gets compliments and has yet to offend even after drowning in it, so long as you don't tell anyone between the ages of 25 and 40 what the scent they're enjoying so much is.

"Oh, you're wearing Aspen? I haven't been able to tolerate that since somebody spilled a bottle of Aspen on the floor of my 8th grade science class."
11th May, 2016
Aspen is a bit of an odd bird.I really don't know how to describe it other than a woodsy version of Fahrenheit...or a woodsy version of Cool Water.Fahrenheit gets mention here because Aspen does have that petrol note that rides on a love it/hate it criticism.Yes is this nice to smell a green version of Cool Water through a coniferous,clean/vaguely soapy,minty yet slighty citrusy vibe.An interesting alternative to Cool Water but I can't see a U.S. Forest Service Ranger wearing this without the gasoline note inducing a level of paranoia while doing their patrol.There's obvious influence derived from other scents that leaves me scratching my head.Definitely not a thumbs down but too much to juggle between a neutral and thumbs up.
31st January, 2016 (last edited: 20th November, 2016)
Awful, rank and putrid! Pine car freshener and Flexall!
17th May, 2015
I bought this cologne in the early 90's because the leaf on the bottle reminded me of the Super Leaf in Super Mario Bros 3. It smelled like what I expected a cologne to smell like. Now, I was in my tweens during that time. I knew nothing about cologne at all, other than I bought the thing that reminded me of a video game and I liked the way it smelled.

Fast forward 20 years. I've still got the same bottle. My collection has grown to about 30-40 bottles at the moment. I've been down the Creed path. And you know what? This stuff was a lucky first purchase. It smells like GIT/Coolwater, except it lasts all day. I sprayed it on this morning to try to lure on the Spring and to be a bit nostalgic. It's followed me everywhere I've lived, but rarely been used. I applied one spray to my chest at 7:45 am. It's 10:45 pm, and I just caught a whiff of it. I can't imagine I could say the same if I'd used CW. Perhaps GIT would still be present, but if this is the same formulation as what's available today, the inner miser in me must urge you to pick up a bottle and keep an open mind.

02nd April, 2015