Aura for Men (2000)

HouseJacomo
PerfumerHenri Bergia
Parent CompanySarbec

About Aura for Men

Aura for Men is a masculine fragrance by Jacomo. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Henri Bergia

Aura for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Aura for Men

I like Aura for Men precisely because it does its job in a concise and affable manner and without stumbling. Yes, it is very much Jacomo's bid in the late 90's cedar and nutmeg theme of such scents as Kenzo Jungle and CK Contradiction, and I do agree with the aforementioned remote likeness to Gucci's Envy, but this creation isn't jockeying for position among them; it's a little brother off doing his own thing who just inherited some similar genes. While the above releases, as well as the ridiculously beautiful Carven Homme, follow a certain progression and delicately unravel it seems like Jacomo's version just hums a steadily undulating chord for most of its lifespan. The Green and lemon is always there, as is the cedar and nutmeg, down to the last sniffable particle. The name is certainly fitting, then. In that it does not change but rather diminishes in its progression it might be more fair to compare it to a couple other 'little brother orientals,' - S.T. Dupont Signature and Escada's Casual Friday. And much respect to the creator for shaping a designer frag whose lemon lasts as long as that of Loewe's Esencia. That's quite a feat.

Aura isn't going to floor many people with its innovation or beauty but it is a smile factory of a scent with a seriously low price tag. I feel this one would be a great way to introduce younger enthusiasts to green fougeres.
20th October, 2015
bFlay Show all reviews
Terrible, TERRIBLE fragrance! smells of children's sunscreen, fake watermelon and lemon oil. There's some old lady face powder in there too. Horrid. A cacophany of foulness all around.
05th April, 2014
I bought Jacomo, 7 o 8 years ago, because of the modern contemporary looking bottle and because I was looking for a fresh, citrus fragrance. Since I usually try to avoid the big names, I found Aura and I decided to try it.
Well, to me the fragrance smells generic nothing wow. Citrus and green notes open the fragrance, then a little bit of floral and then the warm masculine cinnamon, tobacco, sandalwood and musk. It's a nice fragrance, with the basic trinity of citrus/spices/wood, but...
the main reason for my "thumbs up" is because I get many, many compliments everytime I wear this perfume. I know it's a little shallow and selfish, but isn't that the whole point of wearing a fragrance?
19th March, 2013
Great scent!!! Has the same vibe from Gucci Envy for Men, but less powdery, just the way I like, and the drydown reminds me a bit from YSL M7.
One of my favorites !
Thumbs up for Jacomo
12th March, 2013
It is a tea based cologne and as with most jacomo colognes, it is different than many main stream ones. I recommend it.
22nd January, 2013
Quite nice tea based scent. Fresh but a bit generic. Just about a thumbs up.
19th October, 2012

Add your review of Aura for Men

Shop for Aura for Men products online

Shop for Aura for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Aura for Men

Member images of Aura for Men

There are no member images of Aura for Men yet. Why not be the first?