Azzaro pour Homme (1978)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins
Parent Company at launchMäurer & Wirtz

About Azzaro pour Homme

Launched in 1978, this masculine scent is one of Europe's biggest sellers. A true classic.

Azzaro pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Azzaro pour Homme

ad_scott Show all reviews
The freshest and cleanest of woody fragrances I've ever come across. A nice fresh blast of lavender and anise in the opening then in the mid to dry down it's consistent of sandalwood, lemon and musk. A good run of longevity and modest sillage. Barbershop and sophistication in one.
21st April, 2016
Based on the positive rave reviews I recently purchased this allegedly powerhouse fragrance. I was expecting classic Fahrenheit or Kouros or even Giorgio Red. What I got was shaving cream. At first it seemed like a lighter Classic Bijan but it became shaving cream. It smells pleasant enough but who wants to smell like shaving cream? Glad I only paid $20 for it. It will become bathroom air freshener.
05th March, 2016
Thanks to huge reviews, I recently bought this fragrance that I never used before to have a fresh perfume for the summer or special occasions when my stronger perfumes are not indicated.
Ist is an elegant fougère still very modern after nearly 40 years, it is not on my top preferences (strong spicy or flowery fragrances) even if it reminds me the older version (the one in alluminium box) of YSL rive gauche that I used in 2004-6.
I also bought a bottle for my elderly father that appreciated it.
24th February, 2016
zonker Show all reviews
Definitely a powerhouse: Heavy, masculine, in your face kind of fragrance. Even when it fades, it's there, reminding you that you have on a very definite masculine-salonesque scent. I can't decide wether I like it or not; this is really based on the top notes, which hit me immediately and never really leave. Dry down gets better, but it's that opening that I waffle about. The overall scent isn't bad, bit of a corporate smell to me. Longevity is unbelievable on me--two shots to the chest lasted into the next day.
05th February, 2016
Azzaro is a very classy, Fall and Winter evening scent that touches on all the best aspects of a masculine fragrance. The top notes are a blast of spices and woods, very crisp and earthy. This freshness lasts about 30 minutes and mellows into the heart, which is absolutely fantastic. One hour into this beauty flows into musk, basil, woods and a touch of lavender. It gives off with great complexity while maintaining a soft yet steady projection. This one reminds me of a softer side of other 80's powerhouse classics like Aramis, Quorum, or a darker Giorgio Red, however Azzaro would be the very sophisticated and subtle cousin of this group. The base of basil, spice and musk continue to flow and project sensuality and masculine vibes over the course of the day for the next five to six hours easily. Very masculine, musky and spicy, yet soft and subtle. Never overpowering, cloying, loud or offensive.Projection and sillage are above average, between six to ten hours depending on application, and this one is perfect for a evening out on the town, the office, or an elegant dinner.
30th December, 2015
Another barbershop (because of the lavender and oakmoss) scent - fresh, elegant and masculine, also sexy in a clean, smart way. The dominant note is lavender, and the oakmoss is also quite clear. Otherwise I find the other notes difficult to discern individually, apart from something spicy, creamy. I like it a lot. I think it's a very versatile scent - you could wear this day or night, any season too. Lavender always makes me think of the summer - this could be a smart, sexy Italian gigolo, strolling through the lavender lined beds of a formal garden, early evening, towards the fountain, where his next victim awaits...
I was a bit surprised to see other people saying that the sillage and longevity are long - no more than moderate on me. I was complimented on this today.
December 2015