Azzaro pour Homme (1978)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins
Parent Company at launchMäurer & Wirtz

About Azzaro pour Homme

Launched in 1978, this masculine scent is one of Europe's biggest sellers. A true classic.

Azzaro pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Azzaro pour Homme

Azzaro is a very classy, Fall and Winter evening scent that touches on all the best aspects of a masculine fragrance. The top notes are a blast of spices and woods, very crisp and earthy. This freshness lasts about 30 minutes and mellows into the heart, which is absolutely fantastic. One hour into this beauty flows into musk, basil, woods and a touch of lavender. It gives off with great complexity while maintaining a soft yet steady projection. This one reminds me of a softer side of other 80's powerhouse classics like Aramis, Quorum, or a darker Giorgio Red, however Azzaro would be the very sophisticated and subtle cousin of this group. The base of basil, spice and musk continue to flow and project sensuality and masculine vibes over the course of the day for the next five to six hours easily. Very masculine, musky and spicy, yet soft and subtle. Never overpowering, cloying, loud or offensive.Projection and sillage are above average, between six to ten hours depending on application, and this one is perfect for a evening out on the town, the office, or an elegant dinner.
30th December, 2015
Another barbershop (because of the lavender and oakmoss) scent - fresh, elegant and masculine, also sexy in a clean, smart way. The dominant note is lavender, and the oakmoss is also quite clear. Otherwise I find the other notes difficult to discern individually, apart from something spicy, creamy. I like it a lot. I think it's a very versatile scent - you could wear this day or night, any season too. Lavender always makes me think of the summer - this could be a smart, sexy Italian gigolo, strolling through the lavender lined beds of a formal garden, early evening, towards the fountain, where his next victim awaits...
I was a bit surprised to see other people saying that the sillage and longevity are long - no more than moderate on me. I was complimented on this today.
December 2015
24th December, 2015
Interesting fragrance, if not quite for me. I'm sampling from what I believe is a vintage mini. Nothing objectionable here. It reminds me of a nice version of Polo Modern Reserve. It feels like it could grow on me with time, perhaps.
30th November, 2015
Corto Maltese Show all reviews
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Chronologie VII

They say it's made out of 320 ingredients, and I only recognize one - great male classic, a perfume institution with a strong character, full of elegance and italian charm that will never go out of time.

This is highly male perfume, which can stand next to Fahrenheit and Kouros. It's not a typical old school perfume, but it's definitely old style perfume.

The projection and stability are great. Originality is a pure 10. The best perfumes and movies were made in the 70's and 80's, and if the movies were perfumes, then the director of this movie would have been F. F. Coppola.

The one perfume that will always have its place in my collection.

Magnificent...
17th October, 2015
This is just a great cologne. Once the top notes fade, you get to the base notes of what smells like a rose soap. Somehow, it manages to be masculine due to a musky undertone. It's probably my favorite go to cologne right now.
08th October, 2015
First bottle arrived from Amazon today, bought smell unsmelled on the strength of Luca Turin's five star rating. First impression was that it smelled like a man who's applied a fragrance to cover up the fact he is sweaty and unwashed. Maybe it will grow on me, but I feel as if I've bought an item that really doesn't suit me.
20th September, 2015