Azzaro pour Homme (1978)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins
Parent Company at launchMäurer & Wirtz

About Azzaro pour Homme

Launched in 1978, this masculine scent is one of Europe's biggest sellers. A true classic.

Azzaro pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Azzaro pour Homme

As a scent from the late 70's I was eager to try Azzaro Pour Homme...I didn't like it at all from the department store's tester.Mostly just a white cloudy(vanilla?) like base to it with a dash of musk.This struck me as a Vanilla Musk women's body spray.A little bit of anise and a really sweet mint note that smelled like a handful of crushed up wintergreen mints.Most likely that was the basil.Azzaro PH smells fresh but it smells of really lo-fi ingredients and lacks imagination.How anyone can sit this beside the classics and praise it highly and call it a milestone?..not in my book.And I sure as heck never smelled this in the air in my youth.
14th January, 2017
Clean and classic is how I'd describe ApH.

Balanced and masculine fragrance with fresh citrus and woody notes lingering pleasantly. And the amber-musk foundation in the base keeps it stable.

Great standard scent for me. And the newest Intense version is even greater, capitalizing on what makes ApH a delight to wear and turning up the volume several notches!! ;>
28th December, 2016
One of the most reviewed scents out there, and for good reason, its an inexpensive sophisticated classic for sure. Most have tried it. If you have not, I would highly recommend you consider it.

Is APH a powerhouse, a barbershop or a gourmand? Kinda sorta yes to all; but, on the other hand it defies such basic description. Its from the era of powerhouses and packs a pretty big punch (potent and long lasting); but, it doesn't have the brashness, the big synthetic vibe nor the need to walk off the initial blast. It's lavender plus notes will rightly summon barbershop associations, yet it is more than that as well. The gourmand link is also made very strongly. I always think of an anise and fennel heavy Italian seasoning blend plus lemon juice combination that would befit a hearty red sauced pasta feast. The lemon in this seams to hold up quite a bit better/longer than in most other frags, don't know why.

I always enjoy this one, so it will stay in my must have collection. Its not for the meek wall paper huggers, maybe not for the aqua only lovers either, yet it will always have a strong following for very good reason.
06th December, 2016
Been wearing this fragrance since 1978. Discovered it in Madrid, Spain and have been wearing it, on and off, ever since. It just a great, classically beautiful fragrance.
08th October, 2016
I purchased this as a blind buy based on the reviews here and my first impression upon smelling Azzaro Pour Homme was i wish i had bought a bigger bottle.
22nd September, 2016
I've only had one wear of Azzaro pour Homme so far, but it was very enjoyable. A bit strong at the outset, but it mellows into a smooth easy fragrance to wear.
11th September, 2016