Azzaro pour Homme (1978)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins
Parent Company at launchMäurer & Wirtz

About Azzaro pour Homme

Launched in 1978, this masculine scent is one of Europe's biggest sellers. A true classic.

Azzaro pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Azzaro pour Homme

eccj Show all reviews
I love the dry down on this so fresh and clean! :)
14th June, 2015
Salutation.

A timeless aromatic fougere scent.you feel so confident and nice with this one.a lot of of memories came flooding back at first spray.a nice opening less overwhelming than Aramis.after that, it settles down into a very warm and sensual heart notes by juniper berries,

patchouli and sandalwood.the dry down become with leather,amber and oakmoss .the sillge is nice and the longevirty is above average on my skin.totally i wouldent say it is a masterpiece.

09th June, 2015
First this smells very strong,fresh and masculine. Drydown smell is very different and very good but just after 1 hour it has been disappeared totally.
7/10.
27th May, 2015
I have just bought Azzaro as I have been looking for a replacement for my all time favourite - original AZTEK by Yves Rocher which was discontinued some years back.

It's been a long hard chase, trying so many fragrances but being disappointed every time.
Strangely, this one manages to evoke the same response in me and so it's a thumbs up.
However, if any enterprising soul can find the original formula for AZTEK and bring it to the market place - I'll be first in the queue!

09th May, 2015
I'm giving this a neutral rating because I just can't decide if I love it or hate it. It is definitely a powerhouse. When you put this on it stands up and punches you right in the face. I'm no good at describing scents or picking out the different notes so I won't bother. The opening is the part I don't like. There is a really dirty note in there that I don't like. But don't run right to sink and wash it off because it changes drastically throughout its life cycle. After 2-3 hours the dirty note is still there but it's subdued a lot. And this soft powdery note starts to emerge and becomes quite prevalent. After an 8 or 10 hour work day the scent is still there so longevity is certainly not a problem.
11th April, 2015
An unbelievably good fragrance that I was completely unfamiliar with from the late 70's. Reminds me very much of Rive Gauche, but to my nose the lavender is blended with more spice and woods, so it's a little less "barbershop" and more "gentleman's salon" like. It's a heavy fragrance that I want to wear with a suit and tie to my next important business meeting. Gives me a sense of masculine power that is so missed by modern designer houses today. Something every fragrance collector should experience and own.
26th March, 2015