Bay Rum

Bay Rum information

HouseBurt's Bees
Parent CompanyClorox

About Bay Rum

If you like Patchouli this one will have you smiling. A SPICY scent with a lovely sweet patchouli dry down dangling with spices. You will smell like your Grandpa with this one. [AN]

Reviews of Bay Rum

jread Show all reviews
I hated this scent at first, but over time it really grew on me and now it is one of my favorites! The other reviewers are right in that it has a very strong clove smell initially, but this wears off after about 20-30 minutes and leaves you with a beautiful bay rum scent that lasts most if the day. One tip I have is to always shake the bottle well before application, as this seems to mix the scent a lot better and you don't get as much of an overwhelming clove smell during application. I hate that this scent has been discontinued, however it is easily found on Amazon or EBay regularly if you want to pickup a bottle.
15th October, 2012
this is absolutely the best bay rum ever produced. Too bad it has been discontinued, although I've been able to find plenty on ebay.
I have had many,many compliments from women when I use this,so why should I care if men don't like it?
14th April, 2011
shamu1 Show all reviews
This is one of the worst colognes I have ever smelled. It is nothing but a loud, spicy, boozy mess. It would be put to better use in a shot glass, or used to treat minor cuts and scrapes.

Why would I ever want to smell like this? So people will think I bathed in Scotch and then rolled around in patchouli plants?
14th January, 2010 (last edited: 16th January, 2010)
Holy Pimenta Racemosa!

Yes. There really is a West Indies Bay Tree and that's where Bay Rum comes from, not storks.

The added spices; cinnamon, clove, lime or whatever serve to make it interesting--or just plain weird.

Like CJ I wanted to like this one too but the clove/spices are set to overkill

I tried 2 bottles from the shelf. It was obvious one had been there longer than it should have, but both smelled . . .
It feels as if one is being uncivil by giving a bad review to a discontinued fragrance, rather like speaking ill of the dead, but you didn't have to scramble to wash this crap off your hands.
And I do like Bay Rum.
14th August, 2009
CJ Show all reviews
This is one of those fragrances that I really wanted to like. My first time smelling it out of the bottle had my sinuses cleared instantly. I then put some on, and noticed that wherever I put this stuff, my skin started itching instantly. My wife came home and asked why the house smelled like someone was cooking gingerbread. To make a long story short, my wife promised to buy me a bottle of anything I wanted, but only if I dumped the contents of this bottle down the sink. I asked her if I could just give it to a friend, and she said "Not if you want him to remain your friend." I poured it out as she watched, and was rewarded with a bottle of Green Irish Tweed, and I've never regretted it.
26th November, 2002

Add your review of Bay Rum

Shop for Bay Rum products online

Search Amazon for Bay Rum

Member images of Bay Rum

There are no member images of Bay Rum yet. Why not be the first?