Be Bop pour Homme (1992)
by Kesling

Be Bop pour Homme information

Year of Launch1992

About Be Bop pour Homme

Be Bop pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Kesling. The scent was launched in 1992

Reviews of Be Bop pour Homme

There is one review of Be Bop pour Homme.
When I stumbled across a vintage bottle of Kesling's Be Bop pour Homme at my local specialty shop, I followed my usual habits for unfamiliar scents: searched here, and then at Fragrantica. But there wasn't a single review, which intrigued me. So I figured a totally blind buy at $25 for a 50 ml bottle was called for, merely out of curiosity.

What a serendipitous decision! Be Bop pour Homme is a wonderful oriental-herbal fragrance that would be classified as a "spicy aromatic" although the word "herb" is a more accurate descriptor than "spice." Be Bop pH opens with a strong blast of citrus, basil and thyme, which as it dries down adds coriander and geranium elements. Finally we are left with a wonderful sweet, warm and slightly-animalic basenote (mainly opopanax, but vetiver and musk are evident as well).

Released in 1992, Be Bop pour Homme easily earns a spot on my shelf with some of the better "power fragrances" of that general era. This is a scent that exudes quality and natural ingredients. There's not a single chemical/artificial note at any stage. Longevity is excellent, and the sillage is strong: there's no need to over-spray this one. One shot to the chest/neck, and another for each wrist is the limit of what would be appropriate or necessary.

Kesling's Be Bop pour Homme: simply put, it smells expensive, and of high quality. It's a classy European-Mediterranean fragrance, that might overwhelm somewhat in warm weather, but would be a fantastic winter scent for a confident guy. It's quite different from most everything sold today. Hard to find, but worth the search. And the bottle is unique and funky: it looks like something from a 1950's vision of a house on Mars. Reminds me of the old Jetsons cartoons. Both the bottle and the name hint at a lightweight, frivolous fragrance, when in fact it's a polar opposite to that. The Be Bop name (and Jazz connection) confused me, but I have come to think that this is the kind of powerful and unique EdT that would be able to to hold it's own in a crowded, smoke-filled Paris jazz club.

It's quickly become one of my favorites, and I am soon heading out to the same shop to see if there are any more bottles of this rare gem available.

Scent: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Sillage: 9/10

Overall: 9.5/10
02nd June, 2014