Beach Smells
    by Smell THIS

Reviews of Beach Smells

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

ori's avatar
    ori

I bought this scent-unseen based on calchic's review, and was really hoping to get a clean, saltwater + cocoa butter fragrance. On me, however, it smells artificial and floral, almost soapy. This is especially unfortunate as I'm a guy and could perhaps pull off a clean cocoa-buttery scent, but not so much this fake-floral thing. Too bad, because it sounded great.

21st July, 2008

calchic's avatar
    calchic

I've been enjoying Beach Smells since the late 90s, back when it came in a little glass roll-on bottle rather than the plastic flip-top sprayer it does now. I have both and can happily say that the formulation hasn't changed. It's a really beautiful blend of saltwater and cocoa-buttery suntan lotion; it's incredibly clean and sexy and always makes me think of frosted green sea glass (which I think is because the original roll-on is made of very light sea-green glass and as such just looks so beachy.) There are so many ocean/beach fragrances out there, and frankly I find this one of the best ever despite the fact that it's a relatively unheralded mass market product. It's almost identical to Bobbi Brown Beach but at a far more reasonable price tag.

15 September, 2005