Bel Ami (1986)
    by Hermès

Bel Ami Fragrance Notes

Shop for Bel Ami products online

Reviews of Bel Ami

Showing 1 to 6 of 80 reviews.

RHINORAY2's avatar
    RHINORAY2

Ditto Jack Hunter. This is a pleasure to smell. The warm, heart felt compliments I get on this fragrance are literally ooohs and aaaahs, even when I think it's gone. My 3 favorite compliments (1) from a woman walking behind me that said very sincerly " what smells so good! (2) from a woman that said mmm mmm you smell good" I swear she got weak in the knees and (3) from a hostess in a restraunt that said a couple I had walked past wanted her to ask me what I was wearing that smelled so good. This holds a place in my top 5. Hermes has come out with a new Fragrance only available in Europe I understand, that supposedly won't be available in the U.S. until next year called Bel Ami Vetiver. I can't wait.

09 December, 2013

ezequiel91's avatar
    ezequiel91

This is why male perfumery exists. That beautiful. Will not try to analyze it. Just enjoy it.

27 November, 2013

Andrè Moreau's avatar
    Andrè Moreau

Extraordinary scent from the Eighties

One of the most pleasant experiences in perfumery world. Vintage is superior, but the reformulated is nonetheless really good.

Pros: Unique, one-of-a-kind.
    Cons:

12 October, 2013

RHINORAY's avatar
    RHINORAY

This is in my top 5 I Love it.

I have found that Jack Hunter and I have very similar taste in fragrance. I agree with his take on Bel Ami. I have literally had woman give me a mmmm mmmm or who smells sooo good. I love it particularly in the fall or winter.

Pros: Warm aromatic and a copliment getter
    Cons: None

04 June, 2013

Jack Hunter's avatar
    Jack Hunter

I have the vintage aftershave splash and it smells fantastic.

On the top you have some lemon citrus that leads into a wonderful spicy leather. The leather smells like a old leather jacket or a old worn leather sofa.

Out of this you get hints of jasmine and cumin which adds character to the scent. It is warm and aromatic it does smell like a toned down version of Puredistance M.

A real pleasure to smell!

13 March, 2013

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

The citrus beginning is a pleasant interlude before the herbal leather, spicy carnation and dark patchouli kick into gear. Supporting the base is what smells to me like a huge dollop of oakmoss. I must admit BEL AMI is not the easiest of scents to cosy up to but at arm's length the magic it weaves is almost palpable, leaving the wearer with an outdoorsy fresh, lightly spiced leathery/woodsy uber-masculine aura.

Fast forward to the 21st century, this Stetson-wearing cowboy is starting to look more like a caricature especially with his leather chaps and riding spurs. Make no mistakes though; some people from the last century might still fall hard for its rugged old school charms. Remember 'Brokeback Mountain'? ;)

*** This review is of the vintage ***