Birthday Cake
    by Demeter Fragrance Library

Average Rating:

Birthday Cake information

Birthday Cake is a unisex fragrance by Demeter Fragrance Library.

Reviews of Birthday Cake

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive No Positive Reviews • neutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

blood-orange's avatar

I guess I was searching for that scent of a birthday itself, rather than just the cake. Demeter pretty much smells like what is written on the bottle.

My birthday cakes are usually vanilla with strawberry or chocolate icing. This cake is chocolate with caramel flavoured cream.

The scent is not bad, perhaps a little sickeningly sweet when you first apply, but when it softens, the scent is pleasing.

I actually wanted a scent of waxy candles and the scent of sugared smoke to complete my birthday wish. Unfortunately Demeter's Birthday Cake is all about chocolate cake and not much else.

It can be a little coconutty at times which throws me off the chocolate track for awhile, however it doesn't last long. The scent doesn't last either, but I must point out that it is in cologne concentration anyway.

09 April, 2012

Sweet, buttery, and it smells like chocolate. The chocolate part is okay because my mother would make the kind of cake we kids wanted on our birthdays… I always choose angel food cake with the chocolate whipped cream frosting (except those one or two times I chose carrot cake). The buttery part doesn’t fit in very well with my memory, and in the end this makes me think of “cake,” not birthday cake, but I guess that I can handle that. Hmmm… I can still hear them singing: “Happy birthday dear foetidus, happy birthday to you…”

07 October, 2008