Blue Jeans (1994)

PackagingGianni Versace
Parent CompanyEuroitalia
Parent Company at launchGiver Profumi

About Blue Jeans

A fragrance to represent the Gianni Versace Jeans Couture collection. A youthful fragrance packaged in a Coca-Cola style bottle in a blue tin.
The fragrance has immediate freshness. It is clean, crisp, sporty and youthful.
The Versace Jeans range is also available in Green and Black for men, and Red, Yellow and White for the ladies.

Blue Jeans fragrance notes

Reviews of Blue Jeans

I knew of but didn't wear Versace Blue Jeans until the mid 2000s, by which time it was already a classic, its 60ml bottle generally available under $20 on many discount sites or even in retail settings. By then, it already had a reputation and it was in the regular rotation of a friend of mine, and it was unlike anything I had smelled previously, except perhaps for Le Male, and it definitely went in a different direction. Since then, Blue Jeans will always be on my shelf, because it remains high in uniqueness and low in cost. I have as much difficulty identifying notes (in fairness, it's a little syn ethic in general) in this as in any other designer fragrance I've tried in recent memory. It's floral, sweet, and slightly spicy. Mostly, I think of sweetness when I think of Blue Jeans.

Many might think of this as a more dressed-up and for going out, and I admit I once did, but now its name rings more of a bell for me in that it embodies casual Friday. Neither too sweet nor too serious, Blue Jeans has an interesting cocktail of notes that allow it to be very sweet throughout its lifespan and powdery in its dry down. An odd sweet/powdery mix. Its projection is strong at its opening but it dries down quickly and becomes very powdery within a few hours. Still, great value. A must-try since it's quite different from most of what's out there.

7 out of 10
28th August, 2015
Easily the nicest among the “jeans” collection by Versace, partially because this is quite a nice fragrance, partially because the others are crap anyway. Blue Jeans is shortly a sort of more juvenile, cheaper, but also somehow “fresher” and livelier version of several powdery-floral Oriental scents which came in fashion in the mid-to-late Nineties – starting with Boucheron’s Jaipur Homme, ending with futuristic musky-laundry German stuff like Lang’s eaux de cologne. Blue Jeans is their high school version, their teen nephew, which is both a positive and negative feature – as I said it is a fresher, “younger”, but also way cheaper, almost a bit tacky. However Blue Jeans smells of that – powder, musk, lavender, some odd wet grass, sweet dusty flowers, which are given a “masculine” shape thanks to patchouli, sandalwood and herbs. The opening is a bit flashy, once it finds its “tune” Blue Jeans is actually quite nice to wear, showing some unexpected maturity on the very drydown, which is a really well-played bright harmony of patchouli, sandalwood and discreet powder still with a musky-soapy cleanliness, almost reflecting distant echoes of Guerlain’s Héritage too (really, really distant though). It’s clean, smooth, fun, I wouldn’t define it elegant or “virile” but it’s light-hearted, crisp, sweet and cozy. In one word, pleasant to wear, and that’s what fragrances are made for. Sadly I’ve tested the “Versus” reformulation, and I’ve heard it was better in the past. Nice anyway.

EDIT: the former "Versace" version is completely different. Way more mature, rich and deep, closer to some of the nicest early Nineties floral-Oriental scents, and without the "teenish" soapy vibe of the subsequent Versus version (just to be clear, I am referring to the name you read on the bottle just above "Blue Jeans" - if there's "Versace" then it's the good one, if there's "Versus" it's reformulated and not as good as the previous).
14th August, 2015 (last edited: 12th September, 2015)

A nostalgic scent for me.all notes in BLUE JEANS are really CUTE.Full of ENERGY,FRESH,YOUNG and FREE.sweet and yummy like was a great surprise for me.

In the beginning it seems like a UNISEX scent.This scent to make sweet moments for you.i am a fan of ORIENTAL WOODY and too i know this kind of colognes are so seductive and popular for Girls.

BLUE JEANS was less expensive and better than EAU FRAICHE and POUR HOMME for me.Lovely from beginning to end.much better for younger population definitely 20/30 years old.

Perfect for SPRING evenings.Good sillage and too longevity was Good on my skin.Anyway for me lovely fragrance forever and it is a perfect choise when you dont want fragrances too light or too heavy.Definitely worth buying.

10th May, 2015
Blue Jeans always reminds me of a beautiful sunny day. It is fresh, crisp and makes me and my nose very happy. I first purchased it when it was introduced and I have never stopped using it. I think this is one fragrance that will never go out of style.
26th July, 2014
bmn Show all reviews
I purchased this a while back but hadn't really worn it. Then I decided to try it again. Man, I love this stuff! Somehow it reminds me of A&F Fierce -- something about the warmth and projection -- maybe some iso-e-super here? Anyhow, really great scent that I smelled once in the 90's but completely passed over -- so to me it doesn't smell dated, just heavenly. A big thumbs up.
13th April, 2014
Tony T Show all reviews
Fresh citrus opening.Violet dominated 90's Value..
I still wear it occasionally..
Powder-musky drydown. Excellent for the baller on a budget..
01st January, 2014

Add your review of Blue Jeans

Shop for Blue Jeans products online

Shop for Blue Jeans at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Blue Jeans

Member images of Blue Jeans

There are no member images of Blue Jeans yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Blue Jeans