Blue Stratos (1976)
by Parfums Bleu (originally by Shulton)

Blue Stratos information

Year of Launch1976

HouseParfums Bleu
Originally byShulton

About Blue Stratos

Now produced by Parfums Bleu in the UK. This popular fragrance was launched in 1975 by Shulton Inc., The creators of Old Spice.

More information: Parfums Bleu Limited, 11 Castle Hill, Maidenhead, Berks SL6 4AA, England.
Fax: +44 (0) 1628 777288
Tel: +44 (0) 1628 777188

Blue Stratos fragrance notes

Reviews of Blue Stratos

Not as fresh as I remember

Maybe memories play tricks, but I had this down as wonderfully cool and refreshing, albeit one-note and bargain basement cheap.

Instead, it seems pretty synthetic and unpleasant.

Pros: Not an Aqua, despite the bottle. Cheap as...
Cons: Synthetic, mercifully short longevity"

28th July, 2013
Blue Stratos is a very personal fragrance for me. Because it reminds me of very dark, very troubled time in my life, and a wonderful person who helped me through it.

A simple but competent fougere worlds better than Brut. Musky lavender, in which the lavender is stripped of anything particularly bracing or harsh; there's nothing quite like it.

I've never seen it for sale overseas, only in Australia, which perplexes me: I've never smelled it on anyone but this special person who helped me through the worst of my life.

Its rather weak, these days, a shadow of its former self even of 5 years ago. Weakened, but not reformulated. I use the spray deodorant, the antiperspirant spray, the soap on a rope, the talc, and the EdT when it can be found. Layered, it surrounds in my special warmth to remind me of that special friend half a world away, and bolsters me through a bad day. :)
22nd March, 2013
masj78 Show all reviews
I always go back to this one now and again as it evokes fond memorys of my younger days as back then in the 80s it was a staple of my dads. I assumed it had been discontinued until coming accross it in a small village pharmacy a few years ago. Soon after I found the entire range is pretty much sold online. Not seen it much in shops. I agree its somewhere between Brut and Old spice, but the vanilla stands it apart from the 2. I find it very fresh, uncomplicated and clean smelling.
10th August, 2012
JDE Show all reviews
This is for the newest version of Blue Stratos...

Parts of Old Spice grafted to parts of Brut and virtually nothing else. And there ain't nothing wrong with that. Oddly enough, it seems to feel more dated than either OS (which I don't feel is particularly dated) or Brut (which I feel is), but it is undeniably a beacon of affability and honesty - It is an aftershave and it smells good. If you like fougere's and want to get into orientals, this is a superb gateway frag.

Longevity is around 5 hours, which is very good for an aftershave. The bottle is a minger but it's so cheap, who cares? Bravo!

30th November, 2009
A blue collar fougere that remains efficient despite its limitations. The brash alcoholic beginning is swiftly superceded by a bright aromatic episode, that is moderately long lasting. This linear fragrance is primitive stuff, but it does have a naive charm that justifies its popularity.Not a thumbs up, but very close.
06th August, 2009
As worn by Trigger from Only Fools and horses
19th July, 2009 (last edited: 15th August, 2010)

Add your review of Blue Stratos

Shop for Blue Stratos products online

Search Amazon for Blue Stratos

Member images of Blue Stratos

There are no member images of Blue Stratos yet. Why not be the first?