Blue Stratos (1976)
    by Parfums Bleu (orig. by Shulton)

Blue Stratos Fragrance Notes

Blue Stratos information

Now produced by Parfums Bleu in the UK. This popular fragrance was launched in 1975 by Shulton Inc., The creators of Old Spice.

More information: Parfums Bleu Limited, 11 Castle Hill, Maidenhead, Berks SL6 4AA, England.
    Fax: +44 (0) 1628 777288
    Tel: +44 (0) 1628 777188

Reviews of Blue Stratos

Showing 1 to 6 of 11 reviews.
    positive 8 Positive Reviewsneutral3 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

ferdinand_the_imposter's avatar
    ferdinand_the_imposter

Not as fresh as I remember

Maybe memories play tricks, but I had this down as wonderfully cool and refreshing, albeit one-note and bargain basement cheap.

Instead, it seems pretty synthetic and unpleasant.

Pros: Not an Aqua, despite the bottle. Cheap as...
    Cons: Synthetic, mercifully short longevity"

28 July, 2013

KJS88's avatar
    KJS88

Blue Stratos is a very personal fragrance for me. Because it reminds me of very dark, very troubled time in my life, and a wonderful person who helped me through it.

A simple but competent fougere worlds better than Brut. Musky lavender, in which the lavender is stripped of anything particularly bracing or harsh; there's nothing quite like it.

I've never seen it for sale overseas, only in Australia, which perplexes me: I've never smelled it on anyone but this special person who helped me through the worst of my life.

Its rather weak, these days, a shadow of its former self even of 5 years ago. Weakened, but not reformulated. I use the spray deodorant, the antiperspirant spray, the soap on a rope, the talc, and the EdT when it can be found. Layered, it surrounds in my special warmth to remind me of that special friend half a world away, and bolsters me through a bad day. :)

22 March, 2013

masj78's avatar
    masj78

I always go back to this one now and again as it evokes fond memorys of my younger days as back then in the 80s it was a staple of my dads. I assumed it had been discontinued until coming accross it in a small village pharmacy a few years ago. Soon after I found the entire range is pretty much sold online. Not seen it much in shops. I agree its somewhere between Brut and Old spice, but the vanilla stands it apart from the 2. I find it very fresh, uncomplicated and clean smelling.

10th August, 2012

JDE's avatar
    JDE

This is for the newest version of Blue Stratos...

Parts of Old Spice grafted to parts of Brut and virtually nothing else. And there ain't nothing wrong with that. Oddly enough, it seems to feel more dated than either OS (which I don't feel is particularly dated) or Brut (which I feel is), but it is undeniably a beacon of affability and honesty - It is an aftershave and it smells good. If you like fougere's and want to get into orientals, this is a superb gateway frag.

Longevity is around 5 hours, which is very good for an aftershave. The bottle is a minger but it's so cheap, who cares? Bravo!

30th November, 2009

Bartlebooth's avatar
    Bartlebooth
    Germany Germany

A blue collar fougere that remains efficient despite its limitations. The brash alcoholic beginning is swiftly superceded by a bright aromatic episode, that is moderately long lasting. This linear fragrance is primitive stuff, but it does have a naive charm that justifies its popularity.Not a thumbs up, but very close.

06 August, 2009

MarkKnopfler's avatar
    MarkKnopfler

As worn by Trigger from Only Fools and horses

19 July, 2009 (Last Edited: 15 August, 2010)

Add your review of Blue Stratos