Body Kouros (2000)

PerfumerAnnick Menardo
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchPinault-Printemps-Redoute > Gucci Group > YSL Beaute

About Body Kouros

Body Kouros was launched by YSL in 2000, to build on the Kouros range. This oriental fragrance, created by perfumer Annick Menardo, starts with vibrant eucalyptus and dries down to Camphorwood and Benzoin.

Body Kouros fragrance notes

Reviews of Body Kouros

BLUF: To me it’s a comforting, medicinal, toned-down cotton candy-ish incense…and I absolutely love it. A warm blanket in a bottle.

When I was fairly new to fragrances, I blind-bought this before trying its “white devil” older brother…for obvious reasons. BK is another one that at first, I wasn’t too sure about. I think I was simply bewildered, attributed to my lack of experience then. It’s devoid of floral notes and is chock-full of creamy, semi-sweet incense. It’s rich, in the best sense of the word. In the colder months, I like wearing it to bed. I think the eucalyptus note is calming on its own, so mix that with some sweet, camphoric incense and boom…warm blanket in a bottle. There is a delightful “funk” in the drydown that I can’t put words to but it’s nothing like the “funk” of Kouros (who I do not like, but have the utmost respect for being what it is in the world of perfumery). To me, there is something undeniable sexy about Body Kouros. Not just “that smells sexy” sexy but like “I want to do bad things to you” sexy.

References to Lolita Lempicka au Masculin are warranted, but they’re certainly not clones. LLaM snaps its fingers and wakes you up and is a bit more astringent. BK soothes and calms you down.

I don’t get great longevity, maybe ~4 hours before becoming a skin scent (much longer on clothes, as per usual).

A unique oriental that I love and recommend.
04th March, 2016
my signature scent. Most of what I own, costs more than this. But I dont see another scent, supplanting this one, as that fragrance that I go to more than anything else. I wear it to work, as much as I might wear it to a bar or restaurant.

Its just delicious, in a very smart, laid back, smokey, creamy way. A very elegant perfume, that Ive smelled on just as many women, as men. I dont mess around with the newly reformulated bottles that are the same as the 'white Kouros' bottle, painted in black matte paint.

I stick to what I know. And the older bottles, are what you should buy, if you can get ahold of them. Near me, there is a scent shoppe that I frequent, and they still have an old inventory of the older bottles, with the better lifespan. They cost a bit more than the recent reformulations, but they are well worth their price point.

Its primarily a skin scent...but despite sitting close to the skin, it lasts all day on me. When I get in the shower...some 12 hours after I leave my place for work. And the hot water hits my body, this scent comes to life all over again, telling me, "Ive been here all day, dude!"

so, tho you may not smell it much, at certain points of the day, make no mistake, others near you can smell it...a lot. Its a classic.
24th November, 2015
Erok32 Show all reviews
This is one of the most under rated fragrances out there. It's dominated by a cozy combination of vanilla and incense, splashed with a few drops of eucalyptus and woods. I find this to be very versatile during cool seasons. Body Kouros is very similar to Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine, only dryer and lacking any gourmand-ish notes.

It projects well without becoming cloying, and longevity is excellent.
25th October, 2015
This light, sweet and dry scent opened for me with a burst of citrus and pine. It quickly got to the heart of the matter, which was a rip-off of Angel. Certainly pleasant as any rip-off of that original masterwork would be, but derivative nonetheless.

Turin gave it four stars, and called it a rip-off of a different scent, Yohji Homme. I'll have to try that one and see if both of these smell of Angel to me.

Overall, a pleasant gourmand, but points off for lack of originality.
16th October, 2015
JonB Show all reviews
I've owned a bottle of this for about 5 years. My stream of consciousness thoughts were: Strong, chocolate, rubber, slightly powdery, Rochas Man. It was a bit much at the time due to it's strength, sillage and longevity (all great). Now, after letting it sit in the closet for several years, it has grown on me. If you already own Rochas Man, you probably don't need this, but if you are looking for a gourmand chocolatey, almondy, rubbery fragrance, go for it. It does come in one of the butt ugliest bottles ever devised though.
07th September, 2015
Salutation.

BODY KOUROS is Show a Real Man with a Nice Style.It has An Essence of Seduce and quite quick and professional from start to finish. A Romantic fragrance with Rich trace of Spice. Warm,Magnetic,Virile,Sonorous, Oriental,Bold and Everlasting.

The top notes Intensive,Include eucalyptus and incense Then becomes Warmer and Mysterious due to Chinese Cedar and Clary Sage,A Lovely and Masculine Base notes with Benzoin Leads a Great scent that Lasts for hours and infuse with a Sensuous yet Relax feeling.

It is for Everybody who want Attract Ladies without much effort.It Excites the wearer,leaving them feeling Heady and Vibrant More for a ROMANTIC Night.Perfect for a Bold Character.It is too Heavy for Hot days Definitely for AUTUMN/WINTER.

Sillage? Ok.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

7.5/10
09th June, 2015

Add your review of Body Kouros

Shop for Body Kouros products online

Shop for Body Kouros at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Body Kouros

Member images of Body Kouros

There are no member images of Body Kouros yet. Why not be the first?