Body Kouros (2000)
    by Yves Saint Laurent

Body Kouros Fragrance Notes

Body Kouros information

A fragrance by YSL, to build on the Kouros range. Aimed at sporty youngsters, this oriental fragrance starts with vibrant eucalyptus and dries down to Camphorwood and Benzoin. Other fragrances in the Kouros range include the original 'Kouros' and 'Kouros Fraichieur'.

Shop for Body Kouros products online

Reviews of Body Kouros

Showing 1 to 6 of 154 reviews.

Emperorofscent's avatar
    Emperorofscent

The nose Annick Menardo, has a signature, rubber scent in most of her fragrances. If you smell bulgari black and fuel for life by diesel, and Lolita lempicka au Masculin, Jean paul's Kokorico, and boss bottled all her creations, they all have a dark Mystery burned rubber note. alone with a vanilla base synthetic vanilla base. This one Body Kouros is different it is Jean Paul Guiltier La Male with the Vanilla toned down.

I think it has a lot of sex appeal and it goes on soft on the skin 2 foot silage and a 5 hour lasting power. Then re apply which isn't a bad thing you get to experience the notes in order again which i love the opening and mid on this one. My take after owing Kouros for so long i love reaching for the Flanker that smell totally different than the original. and the bottle warrants attention. nicely done Annick.

29 March, 2014

Kol's avatar
    Kol

disgusting Horrible wouldnt wear it for nothing Threw it in the Bin

10th January, 2014

Francolino's avatar
    Francolino

a blind buy that ended in the trash can..too sweet and nauseating to me, maybe it was the reformulation..after using up more than half bottle could not stand it any longer!

12 November, 2013

MrMookie's avatar
    MrMookie

Sensual Masterpiece

Very impressive ! I love Annick Menardo she is a true artist.

A very deep and mysterious scent with a tip n touch of freshness.

As said more here its not anything like the original! Its a totally new scent. I wish they named it : Taurus

Where Kouros is Grey n white this is brown and a bit green of the fresh eucalyptus.

This freshness is so distinct and little you barely notice it.

Body Kouros has this extra lucious edge in it. Where LLAM is licorice and goumand, cosy and cuddly , BK is sensual and daring a bit edgy as a hot macho man.

Wear it with confidence and women will pass you by with weakened knees ;-)

Its a great warm glowing manly scent ... Alluring and romantic ... Great choice!

5 stars!

Pros: Alluring,sensual, exotic and erotic
    Cons:

25 August, 2013

twinpeaker's avatar
    twinpeaker

Not what I was expecting

BK is NOT what I was expecting. I was expecting a "fresher" more marine version of Kouros, with the old Kouros DNA still detectable. However, this is a completely new scent, not really a flanker. I am surprised I didn't read more of this in the other reviews, but to me it is very similar Bvlgari Black and JPG Le Male. Very sweet, androgynous, synthetic. I can see why people say dry (there is a woodsy freshness to it). Unlike comparing a sweet and dry wine (where the two terms are antonyms), it is possible in a fragrance (IMHO) to have both sweet and dry characteristics. I do not smell eucalyptus, although I do detect something mentholated. I gets woods, some incense, coumarin, vanillin, and some musk in the drydown (which I suppose is the link to the original Kouros). I find it quite linear, very good sillage, avg. longevity. The musk is clean, not animalic. There is no dirty civet here.

The bottle is quite nice, though if the faux wood (like grey drift wood) were real, the bottle would have been a knock-out. And the price can't be beat.

Pros: interesting, cool and sweet at same time, can't beat the price
    Cons: similar to some others done better"

02 August, 2013

FranktheTank's avatar
    FranktheTank

I know, I know, a negative review of BK

When I received my bottle of BK, I initially really liked it! However, after wearing it more and more, I developed a distaste for it. My problem with it is that it plays like a sweet fragrance, but the benzoin sweetness feels hollow and cold, probably due to the eucalyptus providing a cooling effect. I can finally understand how some people find this fragrance sweet, and others not, it hops back and forth between them in my experience. I can definitely understand why some people would seek this fragrance out for its unique cooling/sweet/dry effect, but I personally found it unpleasant, irritating, and will probably not be wearing this fragrance anymore. I'll keep my bottle and try it again at a later date, but I'm not hopeful. A rare miss for me from the house of YSL.

Pros: Unique, interesting, girls love it
    Cons:

29 July, 2013

Add your review of Body Kouros