Body Kouros (2000)

PerfumerAnnick Menardo
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchPinault-Printemps-Redoute > Gucci Group > YSL Beaute

About Body Kouros

Body Kouros was launched by YSL in 2000, to build on the Kouros range. This oriental fragrance, created by perfumer Annick Menardo, starts with vibrant eucalyptus and dries down to Camphorwood and Benzoin.

Body Kouros fragrance notes

Reviews of Body Kouros

Annick Menardo's
Oriental Rubber Room
Is the place to be.
09th November, 2017
I was searching for a "likeable", more importantly "well blended" scent. I got that here in spades.

A classy smelling, undoubtedly sweet scent. The eucalyptus and incense are barely detectable under the booming benzoin and cedar. It's all so well blended that it seems linear. Not a problem with me.

It seems to last 6-7 hours on me, however plays games, disappearing and re-appearing every now and then. A delight to keep smelling this. It also has good silage for an hour maybe but then becomes a skin scent.

This review is for the latest version of the scent.
24th October, 2017
Not really for me.

Nothing offensive and quite a pleasant smell but nothing special or striking. Bit too sweet and has a very 90's Joop! type smell. Once/if the bottle is empty I will not be replacing

Change of heart. This one has grown on my. Still not my favorite but a bit different and Women seem to like this one!
02nd May, 2017 (last edited: 05th September, 2017)
This is one of my favorite colognes. I love the fact that it wears well throughout the day, and it continues to surprise you as it makes subtle reminders to you that it is still with you making you smell great.

This was a birthday gift from the most special person in my life so there is an added reason for my affection for this cologne. Get it for yourself. You'll love it.
16th April, 2017
A refined sweet oriental retake of the very animalic original.

YSL Body Kouros has a sweet brightness reminiscent of JPG's Le Male, yet fresher and brighter with more layers, thanks to the shiny eucalyptus in the head. Mace adds a smooth, stable spiciness that sets this oriental scent apart from most others out there. The benzoin in the base is present the whole time, adding the requisite sweet, vanilla-like quality.

Doesn't resemble the original at all, which may be a good thing depending on your opinion of that one. Body Kouros is pleasant right from the start on through the wear cycle.

18th January, 2017 (last edited: 01st March, 2017)
BLUF: To me it’s a comforting, medicinal, toned-down cotton candy-ish incense…and I absolutely love it. A warm blanket in a bottle.

When I was fairly new to fragrances, I blind-bought this before trying its “white devil” older brother…for obvious reasons. BK is another one that at first, I wasn’t too sure about. I think I was simply bewildered, attributed to my lack of experience then. It’s devoid of floral notes and is chock-full of creamy, semi-sweet incense. It’s rich, in the best sense of the word. In the colder months, I like wearing it to bed. I think the eucalyptus note is calming on its own, so mix that with some sweet, camphoric incense and boom…warm blanket in a bottle. There is a delightful “funk” in the drydown that I can’t put words to but it’s nothing like the “funk” of Kouros (who I do not like, but have the utmost respect for being what it is in the world of perfumery). To me, there is something undeniable sexy about Body Kouros. Not just “that smells sexy” sexy but like “I want to do bad things to you” sexy.

References to Lolita Lempicka au Masculin are warranted, but they’re certainly not clones. LLaM snaps its fingers and wakes you up and is a bit more astringent. BK soothes and calms you down.

I don’t get great longevity, maybe ~4 hours before becoming a skin scent (much longer on clothes, as per usual).

A unique oriental that I love and recommend.
04th March, 2016

Add your review of Body Kouros

Shop for Body Kouros products online

Shop for Body Kouros at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Body Kouros

Member images of Body Kouros

There are no member images of Body Kouros yet. Why not be the first?