Bois de Cédrat (1875)

Bois de Cédrat information

Year of Launch1875

Parent CompanyCreed

About Bois de Cédrat

Bois de Cédrat is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 1875

Bois de Cédrat fragrance notes

Reviews of Bois de Cédrat

I had my hopes too high with this fragrance. I was hoping for better sillage and longevity from the citrus opening, but alas, it disappeared within about 10 minutes on me. The cedar note was nice, but it's the same as the wood note in Ore, and several other cedar fragrances that can be had for a lot less than Bois de Cedrat. A sample is more than ample...well, it's actually less by an "s", but this one isn't bottle worthy, IMO.
29th March, 2016
A perfectly nice classic cologne in the style of 4711, featuring a mix of bergamot and lavender on top, along with some lemon. There's a rather modern-smelling orange in there as well, which I actually found kind of distracting, but there's also a perfectly tempered petitgrain that's the real star of the show, subtly woody and classically masculine.

With so many classic citrus eau's on the market, I always have to figure out what each one brings to the table. Bois de Cédrat has that great petitgrain and leaves out the soapy flowers that often show up in the genre. The lack of soapy flowers makes Bois more masculine than most eau's, but also means that it doesn't have a real base, so it has very little lasting power.

All in all, a thumbs up, but with the caveat that I wouldn't pay Creed prices for this.
15th March, 2016
A lovely pairing of lemon-lime and cedar, Creed's Bois de Cedrat falls into the "fresh woody" category that the house seems to have down to a science. Bois de Cedrat isn't overwhelmingly complex: it flirts with the Pine-Sol synthetic smell mentioned sometimes with Epicea and especially Cypres Musc, but I regard the smell as natural and refreshing. It flirts with being a gourmand, as the citrus involves some sweetness, but it mostly resides at the intersection of citrus and woods.

Among Creed's other offerings, I liken Bois de Cedrat mainly to Cypres Musc, but slightly smoother, slightly less acerbic. On the road from Cypres Musc to Epicea, Bois de Cedrat lies somewhere in the middle, neither being as refined as Epicea nor as sharp as Cypres Musc.

As with most fresh Creeds from the EDT era, projection and longevity aren't special, but this strong and versatile enough to be worn year-round. It's not to be found on the discount sites, though, so the only option is the retail $205 for 75ml, so it's a tough sell for those used to buying Creeds at a discount.

7 out of 10
19th February, 2016
Clean fresh citrus fragrance with no traits to separate itself from the dozen other Creeds that do fresh much better. Not bad by itself, but Creed has much better offerings.

03rd February, 2015
This would have gotten a thumbs up if had better longevity and silage. The overall scent is definitely nice, it reminded me of lemon pledge. I think it could have been a nice summer scent. I get no more than 30mins before it disappears almost completely. After that to get any kind of silage, one would have to do a rigorous activity for example running which would generate enough body heat to allow the scent to be somewhat noticeable. When I did that, I had to press my arm against my nose to get a faint whiff of the scent. Nice scent, but poor silage and longevity.
18th January, 2015
Genre: Citrus

Just what it says: citrus (cédrat, or citron,) and wood. Cedar in this case, with an interesting paraffin-like note in the background. Simple, linear, and very well made - I'd wear this when I wanted to smell like citrus peel. I have only one gripe: There are a lot of simple citrus scents out there, and this one, while outstanding, is also very pricey.
10th June, 2014

Add your review of Bois de Cédrat

Shop for Bois de Cédrat products online

Shop for Bois de Cédrat at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Bois de Cédrat

Member images of Bois de Cédrat

There are no member images of Bois de Cédrat yet. Why not be the first?

Perfumes launched in the same year as Bois de Cédrat (1875)

Features relating to Bois de Cédrat