Bois du Portugal (1987)

HouseCreed
PerfumerPierre Bourdon
Parent CompanyCreed

About Bois du Portugal

Bois du Portugal is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 1987 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Bourdon

Bois du Portugal fragrance notes

Reviews of Bois du Portugal

A very elegant scent that gets compared with Chanel Pour Monsieur quite frequently. The opening reveals a crisp fresh blast of bergamot that brightens the tone of the scent early on. The bergamot eventually settles down allowing the lavender to creep into the forefront but never to the point where its overbearing and in particular soapy. The bergamot still holds on while in the background the lavender florals give off a nice clean and soft aroma. After approximately two hours the sandalwood will start to become noticeable eventually becoming the dominating note in the drydown. The lavender florals can still be detected but at this point its very subdued. Notes of cedar and vetiver can be detected as well although its blended in the drydown. The drydown also contains the classic ambergris that adds support to the other notes present.

Longevity and silage are excellent and probably one of the best from Creed easily lasting the entire day. Despite being in the Millesime line, Bois du Portugal is a classic old school scent. It fits in the same category as many of the Private Collection and EDT scents. It will more likely appeal to individuals who have an appreciation for classic scents from Creed as well other houses. As mentioned previously, Bois du Portugal has been compared to Chanel Pour Monsieur. Formal and business occasions will certainly be ideal when wearing this fragrance. Cooler weather will also be ideal when considering when to wear this. Overall, this is one of the better scents from the Millesime alongside Green Irish Tweed. It will be a shame should Bois du Portugal get discontinued like Green Valley and Royal Delight have been previously. If this does happen, it would certainly receive a commanding premium.
05th July, 2018
A couple of people had stated I smelled like an old lady while wearing it. I didn't even mind because I personally enjoy this fragrance that much. I'm new to the game but out of the 3 Creeds I own this is by far my favorite. The opening hits you with a bergamot that reminds me of the orange gumball you would get in a vending machine. It then settles down into a classic type of vibe. Like really classic. I'm 26 so I could see how that would throw some people off around my age group. But I'm an absolute sucker for classic scents. This scent makes me feel like an old soul that marches to the beat of his own drum. Definitely not for everyone. The only problem I have with this scent is deciding when or what to wear with it.

Occasion: Anything special.
Projection: 7
Longevity: 8
Overall: 9
I love this fragrance.
20th May, 2018
I really love the sample I got of this. Unfortunately my wife seems to hate it and gets mad when I wear it. I keep hoping she'll come around.
Something about the scent that I just can't stop sniffing my wrist once it's on me. Masculine but classy. Very nice.
Probably not going to leave my wife over this one, but I do really like it. Maybe when she's out of town I can bathe in it.
16th February, 2018
Very good fragrance for old man. Maybe later.
15th February, 2018
I never write reviews unless I need to write a review. So here I am. I am a 42 year old male and bought a decant of this based on the description and reviews. I am a huge fan of Creed.

Unless you are over 70 years old, you don't want this. Trust me. Never have I experienced a scent that brought me back in time, in a very bad way, to the early 80's.

This one belongs in the vault, to stay, forever.
02nd November, 2017