Bois Oriental (1992)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Bois Oriental

Bois Oriental is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 1992 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Reviews of Bois Oriental

A sensuous, boozy tapestry. Great silage and tenacity. Overall woody (cedar) and gourmand vanilla dominate although the violet and peach are cleverly blended to add a juicy, fruity aspect. This gets under the skin and in the sinuses like no other scent I know. Notes are; violet, peach, plum, rose, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, musk, Atlas cedarwood, and vanilla. It is available from Les Salons du Palais Royal. Woods and vodka- what more can I say?
18th May, 2014
I made the mistake of buying this based solely on the ingredients. I had a shopper get this for me in Paris and paid plenty. This is listed as "unisex" but it is 100% feminine and extremely cloying. I dumped it down the drain and swore never to buy blind again!
07th November, 2013
well if you get your nose close to the scent it is spicy with cardamom and cloves which is not much charming. But it has nice silage. It makes a vision of a sultans robe in my mind; with all these little (spicy fruity) embroideries on a (musk vanilla) velvet. Of course purple velvet robe. The powdery violet is hard to miss.
The impression of bois oriental is not close to feminite du bois in my find. They have vanilla and violet in common but the benzoin in feminite du bois gives it a very sharp face. Bois oriental is so smooth and wearable.
26th April, 2012
This is a very interesting Féminité du bois variation and a specific sensation before all.
I feel like in a relaxing and charming forest at the end of an afternoon. A sweet sunray warms the wood with a note of balsamic vanilia and chestnut cream. A light breeze brings the (so Lutens) crystallized fruits, the spices are discreetly bewitching. Sensual, calm and fairy !
24th December, 2010
Yet another scent from Lutens (Sheldrake) that resemblances many other scents from this house, especially speaking of this early nineties era.
It is not a bad scent but, you really don’t need to own this if you already have some other specific scent in your collection. ( Feminite du Bois and its other relatives)
Semi sweet honeyed fruity woods with subtle spiciness sum it up quickly and pretty nicely.

It has a lot of understated beauty, but whether it is full bottle worthy you find out yourself. For me personally there are better ways to spend this much amount of cash…
30th July, 2009
I hate to say it, but this is the first Lutens scent that I despise. From all the reviews I'm hoping it just doesn't work on my skin. The smell is so familiar, I can't pick it out. Maybe something of my gransmother's. And maybe that's it, it is too feminine. i like wood and spices, and SL does them so well, but these are too powdey and old-fashioned in Bois Oriental. I'll stick with my other SL scents.
25th March, 2009

Add your review of Bois Oriental

Shop for Bois Oriental products online

Search Amazon for Bois Oriental

Member images of Bois Oriental

There are no member images of Bois Oriental yet. Why not be the first?