Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 73 ratings

Bois Oriental information

Bois Oriental is a unisex fragrance by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido. The scent was launched in 1992

Reviews of Bois Oriental

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.

kumquat's avatar

A sensuous, boozy tapestry. Great silage and tenacity. Overall woody (cedar) and gourmand vanilla dominate although the violet and peach are cleverly blended to add a juicy, fruity aspect. This gets under the skin and in the sinuses like no other scent I know. Notes are; violet, peach, plum, rose, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, musk, Atlas cedarwood, and vanilla. It is available from Les Salons du Palais Royal. Woods and vodka- what more can I say?

18 May, 2014

spiceman_99's avatar

I made the mistake of buying this based solely on the ingredients. I had a shopper get this for me in Paris and paid plenty. This is listed as "unisex" but it is 100% feminine and extremely cloying. I dumped it down the drain and swore never to buy blind again!

07 November, 2013

taliaseki's avatar

Turkey Turkey

well if you get your nose close to the scent it is spicy with cardamom and cloves which is not much charming. But it has nice silage. It makes a vision of a sultans robe in my mind; with all these little (spicy fruity) embroideries on a (musk vanilla) velvet. Of course purple velvet robe. The powdery violet is hard to miss.
    The impression of bois oriental is not close to feminite du bois in my find. They have vanilla and violet in common but the benzoin in feminite du bois gives it a very sharp face. Bois oriental is so smooth and wearable.

26 April, 2012

Mon-Petit's avatar

France France

This is a very interesting Féminité du bois variation and a specific sensation before all.
    I feel like in a relaxing and charming forest at the end of an afternoon. A sweet sunray warms the wood with a note of balsamic vanilia and chestnut cream. A light breeze brings the (so Lutens) crystallized fruits, the spices are discreetly bewitching. Sensual, calm and fairy !

24 December, 2010

PigeonMurderer's avatar

Finland Finland

Yet another scent from Lutens (Sheldrake) that resemblances many other scents from this house, especially speaking of this early nineties era.
    It is not a bad scent but, you really don’t need to own this if you already have some other specific scent in your collection. ( Feminite du Bois and its other relatives)
    Semi sweet honeyed fruity woods with subtle spiciness sum it up quickly and pretty nicely.

It has a lot of understated beauty, but whether it is full bottle worthy you find out yourself. For me personally there are better ways to spend this much amount of cash…

30th July, 2009

moss1310's avatar

I hate to say it, but this is the first Lutens scent that I despise. From all the reviews I'm hoping it just doesn't work on my skin. The smell is so familiar, I can't pick it out. Maybe something of my gransmother's. And maybe that's it, it is too feminine. i like wood and spices, and SL does them so well, but these are too powdey and old-fashioned in Bois Oriental. I'll stick with my other SL scents.

25 March, 2009