Brut Musk (1986)

Average Rating:

Brut Musk information

Brut Musk is a men's fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was launched in 1986

Reviews of Brut Musk

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

Slayerized's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

I own only the aftershave which is very much like the original version only with some musk and woods added which makes it less fresh and more heavy and masculine. This one is more for fall-winter while the original is more for spring-summer imo. Like the original this one also has huge sillage first half hour and lasts when applied heavily like 4 hours which is excellent.
    Rating: 7/10

12th May, 2013

cherryred's avatar

Ok, I've been avoiding review-writing as although my collection is expanding at a rate of knots, I don't feel I have a wide enough fragrance vocabulary. That said, this is really rather lovely. It's mega-amber and a soft musk, the western kind that is entirely unrelated to the musk attars I also collect.
    The actual musk is more Coty Musk for Men than Jovan Musk, but the amber accord almost drowns it out. The regular Brut powderyness is still very evident and you can tell they are related in a side-by-side test.

I've got the EDT and the deo body spray (the latter is indeed very tenacious) and it is my go-to scent for cold days when I want to be wrapped in coziness. It's like a hug in a bottle, and I have had compliments (and hugs!) to go with it. If you are into definite note separation, pedigree and movement between top, heart and basenotes, avoid. If you want to smell like a soft woolly sweater and get hugs from women (as well as wearing something that will probably lift your spirits on a damp, cold day) get this.

I understand the EDT versions of the new Faberge Brut versions aren't found easily in the US, so I'd advise trawling eBay because all are available here. (Musk, Oceans, Passion, Alaska, Eau de Brut.) I haven't tried Passion or Eau de Brut but the others are also good. I might be brave and go write reviews for them, too.

22nd October, 2011

Stacy's avatar

This fragrance has nice citrus top notes that dry down to tobacco-y, spicy woods. My husband walked by one day and smelled SO good to me. It was a nostalgic scent, like a memory of an old movie with a loving grandfather who smelled of fresh pipe tobacco, leather and oranges. I asked him what cologne he was wearing. He said he wasn't wearing any, it was his new deodorant from Brut. I've heard that the cologne version of this can be quite strong, so if you just want a light smell of this fragrance, get the deodorant instead! The scent lasts all day and is very subtle, like it's just the wonderful fragrance of your skin. Yum. ^_^

01st June, 2011

Robbo1979's avatar

Another excellent variation on the original Brut classic. This one is very manly and perfect for a winter's night out. It's certainly a very affordable scent that stands out amongst it's cheapo rivals, although I'd put it behind the original and Oceans in my Brut collection.

13th June, 2009

choombak's avatar

India India

Nice and classy, very manly. The fragrance though does not stay on for long on me.

02nd July, 2008