Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert (1993)
by Bulgari

Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert information

Year of Launch1993

HouseBulgari
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena
PackagingThierry de Baschmakoff
Parent CompanyBulgari

About Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert

Soft lingering tea notes with floral undertones. A subtle sweet scent reminiscent of CKOne. [AN]

Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert

It's not bad; it's just not good.

The very lightest of lemony scents, opening with an herbal and lemon blast, then settling down to a minimalist citrus/woody, disappearing quickly.

There is more to this than listed above. Additional notes include: Coriander, Mandarin and Lemon in the top, Muguet in the middle, and Sandalwood, Amber, Musk and Cedar in the base.

There are hundreds of light summery citrus splashes to be had in the perfume world. This has going for it a light green tea dry down that is differentiating, but still no reason to run out and buy, especially given its poor longetivity.
27th June, 2014
Genre: Citrus

like to think of Eau Parfumé au Thé Vert as Jean-Claude Elléna’s minimalist manifesto. It’s certainly not the first modern fragrance to combine clean sexlessness, transparency, and structural simplicity. It has approximate stylistic precedents in bright, clear, green citrus florals such as Annick Goutal’s Folavril (1981) and Eau du Ciel (1985). On the other hand, it was the first fragrance of its kind to achieve commercial success for a popular, established perfume house. Its influence was felt immediately, both in designer scents like Tommy Girl, and in niche fragrances like Thé pour un Été. For better or worse, it also established a stylistic vein that Elléna has mined doggedly right up to the present. Over the decades it has been much imitated and frequently debased – regrettably at times even by Elléna himself. Yet it remains one of the best of its type and a significant landmark in the history of perfume.

While it has been paired with its contemporary, L’Eau d’Issey, as one of the twin instigators of an “anti-perfume” aesthetic, the two scents have very little besides transparency and a cool, crisp cleanliness in common. Whereas L’Eau d’Issey smells proudly artificial or synthetic, Thé Vert smells natural. Not “natural” in terms of imitating a natural smell, nor in terms of ingredients – indeed I’m sure there’s plenty of synthetic content – but in terms of smelling like something one could actually encounter in nature. Perhaps “naturalistic” is the better word. By contrast, L’Eau d’Issey smells like something you would find only in a on a shelf – albeit an elegant one. That’s not to pass any aesthetic judgment. Both styles can please, and both have been fruitful – I need only think of Mugler Cologne, Mark Buxton’s work for Comme des Garçons or Charles Brosius’s oeuvre to recognize the creative potential inherent in the L’Eau d’Issey line.

Does Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert smell like green tea? Not really. It smells green and fruity, it smells of crisp jasmine (and hedione?), and it smells refreshing, in the way I would expect of an iced beverage. Being a sexless smell, it is also absolutely gender neutral. Oddly though, despite its sheer texture and extreme transparency, Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert is relatively potent and lasting. I don’t need more than a couple of sprays to last me the whole day. Historical importance aside, I very much enjoy this scent, and place it alongside Déclaration, Eau de Campagne, and Globe as one of Elléna’s very finest works. Unlike much of what he’s done since, Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert makes me smile.
13th June, 2014
Alaska Show all reviews
I have worn this since it came out -I was in Berlin and a friend brought me some. Many perfumes, EDTs and others seem to soak into my skin and vanish in hours. This one lingers, a fresh tea scent that, although not noticeable at arms length, gets me positive comments many hours after I put it on. My late husband thought it was my natural fresh smell, I wish! The extreme, on the other side, is not the same at all.
20th March, 2014
Fresh & Clean

I bought this because I have always found Bulgari's fragrances interesting and I love green tea scents.

This one has to be one of my favorites. It's very pretty and sparkly. It kind of reminds me of a sparkling cold drink on a hot summers day. It's fresh, green, citrus and slightly floral. It's not ultra girly or sweet.

It lasts about an hour on skin which is ok as it's perfumed water but I've found it lasts really well on my clothes and seems to project better too although it does somehow remind me of hairspray... not in a bad way though.

21st July, 2013
rbaker Show all reviews
A nice perfumed water

As a perfumed water I do not expect it to last long, and hence it's longevity of about an hour has not influenced my review. A nice citrus scent that quickly develops into a good green tea scent - refreshing is warm weather. Simple but good.

17th June, 2013
Happy, light green tea citrus scent

As a green tea scent aficionado I fell in love with this one right off the bat. It really smells like green tea, and the additional notes of citrus and ginger only enhance the tea scent. It is a light fragrance, perfect for any time of year but especially spring and summer. It seems like it would be nearly universally flattering, and a truly unisex fragrance. In short: it makes me happy. That is what a perfect perfume should do.

30th May, 2013

Add your review of Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert

Shop for Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert products online

Shop for Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert

Member images of Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert

There are no member images of Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert yet. Why not be the first?