Bulgari pour Homme Extreme (1999)
by Bulgari

Bulgari pour Homme Extreme information

Year of Launch1999

PerfumerJacques Cavallier
Parent CompanyBulgari
Parent Company at launchFerragamo Group

About Bulgari pour Homme Extreme

Bulgari pour Homme Extreme is a masculine fragrance by Bulgari. The scent was launched in 1999 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Cavallier

Bulgari pour Homme Extreme fragrance notes

Reviews of Bulgari pour Homme Extreme

After a sustained testing session in Selfridges around Christmas, BPHE was, for me, on paper, >the< stand-out fragrance - and that was in the company of endless concessions, large quantities of niche and similarly expensive efforts. Eventually, I have bit the bullet, and found the best on-line price for a 100ml bottle.

As other reviewers have said, this shines best in hot weather. Despite some unseasonably good days here in the UK, it's taken me a while to even like BPHE. However, I think I have got to the point where I am starting to admire it, and to a place where I think I can articulate the reasons for this.

I guess it comes down to the seamlessness of the accords. In The Guide, Luca Turin says something to the effect that the notes in BPHE could easily end up as a complete mess in the wrong hands. Here, they are stitched together perfectly. Something about it smooths over the whole ensemble, and while it is undeniably a masculine, and a masculine that is not shy to boot, it is nonetheless contemplative and clean. There are no rough edges here. After some time getting used to it, I can feel that there is a harmony here between the dry and sweet, assertive and calming, and any number of other oppositions. The tea, that mainstay of Bulgari perfumes, seems to contribute a lot here, and adds an oriental twist, but one that is more redolent of Sino-Japanese minimalism than it is of the lurid and exciting exotica of other orientals.

I'm still not sure I love it, but I find myself increasingly reaching for BPHE as a go-to for work when I'm not sure what the day will bring. A very good addition to the arsenal.
27th September, 2016 (last edited: 10th October, 2016)
I think this would work okay in warm weather, but it just wasn't very appealing to my nose. I got tea, citrus, and some balsam fir, and it seemed a little dark at first. The citrus dried down and brought forth some slight floral and musk. Again, this one was just average for me overall.
24th March, 2016
Damn it lasts forever. Flawless projection.
27th February, 2016
Pretty damn good Bulgari!

Let me start by saying that I thing this is one of the most underrated designer houses.

Onto pour Homme Extreme though. I am not really keen on citrus fragrances, but this one is well worth owning. As expected in the older Bulgari stuff, you'll get the tea note that is their signature. Here, the tea is greener and herbal. Lots of grapefruit, although it isn't listed as a note, that is the main note I pick up on. There's a pretty heavy dose of pepper here, but it isn't sharp at all. It blends with the green tea and citrus to create this grassy accord, similar to what is done in the original Michael Jordan Cologne.. I get this here. Mmm the smell of a fresh cut lawn. don't get it twisted though, this smells nothing like Michael Jordan. This has that old school Bulgari charm, that quality tear note they used to use so much.

For a citrus dominated fragrance, Bulgari pour Homme Extreme has exceptional longevity. Projection is pretty good, but you may not get noticed after about 2 hours, as it sits pretty close to the skin. It also has a similarity to Banana Republic Classic.

This isn't something I can wear a lot though, or I will begin to hate it, and sadly the reason being, is because it smells so natural. "What! You don't wanna smell natural!!?" Well honestly, with citrus fragrances, I'd rather them be a little less natural, a little more sweet & synthetic, like on the style of Lacoste White/Blanc, Clinique Happy, Chrome, etc.
06th April, 2015
Wanted to love it, barely like it. Musty (not musky - MUSTY) tea opening dries down to some sort of nice fleeting musk. Very similar to the original. Wholly original and for good reason. 2 out of 5
09th August, 2014
numcks Show all reviews
What an off-base name! This is the antitheses of "Extreme." Very transparent, meditative, and serene. Abundant tea notes with lavender and touches of orange/petitgrain, spice, and guaiac wood. Similar vibe as Osmanthe Yunnan by Hermes to me. Great for deep breaths and stress reduction.
07th August, 2014

Add your review of Bulgari pour Homme Extreme

Shop for Bulgari pour Homme Extreme products online

Shop for Bulgari pour Homme Extreme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Bulgari pour Homme Extreme

Member images of Bulgari pour Homme Extreme

There are no member images of Bulgari pour Homme Extreme yet. Why not be the first?