Burberrys for Men (Original) (1981)
by Burberry

Burberrys for Men (Original) information

Year of Launch1981
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseBurberry
Parent CompanyBurberry
Parent Company at launchEli Lilly & Co > Elizabeth Arden

About Burberrys for Men (Original)

Burberrys for Men (Original) is a masculine fragrance by Burberry. The scent was launched in 1981

Burberrys for Men (Original) fragrance notes

Reviews of Burberrys for Men (Original)

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening displays a traditional mix of bergamot, artemisia and juniper - with the latter in the background on me. Delightful

The drydown develops themes of a rather soft patchouli - no harsh edges here - together with a jasmin that is integrated seamlessly into this mix. A leather impression evolves and gradually takes Centre stage: a slightly dark leather, which is not sharp and only has a minimum of smoky characteristics.

The base develops the leather theme further, and touches of amber are present. A whiff of oak moss is traceable, but it is very much an afterthought and never in the foreground. Moments of nonspecific woodsy components enrich the leather towards the end.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and six hours of longevity on my skin.

This is a beautiful classic autumn scent for daytime as well as evenings, which is beautifully blended form high-quality ingredients. It is not really very strong, but definitely refined. One of Burberry’s finest. 3.75/5.
23rd July, 2018
A pure leather. Plain and simple. A card carrying leather fan must have it in his collection.
I personally prefer my leather with some other stuff thrown in like Moschino (herbal leather) and probably will not go for FB.
I dont get much juniper or citrus but only leather. Possibly lost the top in my sample (but doubt it as source is impeccable)
07th May, 2016
It would be a rather glib statement to declare that Burberry's For Men is the finest fragrance I have ever encountered, but I can be confident in stating that I have never been bedecked by anything finer. It belongs with other fragrant luminaries such as Derby and Patou Pour Homme in that it exudes a certain lustre, a golden hue that is almost beyond words.

There is little in the listed constituent ingredients to suggest anything other than an eighties chypre-class dreadnought, with a standard spec opening. At its heart it feels peppery, boozy with a palpable garnish of juniper. There are shades of Yatagan,Phileas, and even a schmeer of Revillon Pour Homme, but Burberry's, even when pitched against these estimable compositions, remains outstanding.

It is of little consequence that both the eau de toilette and the cologne versions are blighted by a lack of stamina and projection. There is just so much beauty and elegance being exuded that almost anything can be forgiven.
01st April, 2016 (last edited: 02nd April, 2016)
vadim Show all reviews
Russian Federation
A noble and comfy sweet aromatic fougere that feels like a mix of De Viris, Antaeus and Revillon pour Homme. The best of the Burberries in my book.
14th January, 2016
Great stuff! This was my first "high end" cologne and was purchased when it just came out- eighth grade I believe. It's nice to see the TRUE original bottle pictured here. I saw another site that has a picture of the incorrect bottle. I laugh about this one because I have girls that come up to me to this day that remember me wearing it LOL! I take it there's not even a modern reformulation of it? It's no longer made in any form?
11th November, 2015
I'm no expert on fragrances. I buy what I like and own around 20 colognes today at age 50. When I was a teenager in 1980-82 I used to enjoy testing the available scents at the nearby department store and getting samples. In 1982 I finally broke down and bought my first bottle of men's cologne, the original Burberry. I loved it and it lasted for about 10 years. In the meantime I bought Aramis when I was around 21 and got Drakkar as a gift when I was 23/24 followed by the original Fahrenheit (I don't like the new Fahrenheit). I reminisced about having Burberry again some 8 years ago only to find that it was long discontinued. On occasion I've searched online for it with no luck or on the very rare occasion I found it, it was a lot more than I was prepared to spend. A few weeks ago I got the urge to check again and found it at auction on eBay and I won a new, full bottle for $52 with shipping. Heck, it's work 3-4x that and was cheaper than many of my newer colognes. I'll be sure to make this bottle last!

I did buy the new Burberry London about 6 weeks ago after testing it and finding that it was the closest to the original. This will be a regular and the original will be saved for special occasions.
22nd March, 2015

Add your review of Burberrys for Men (Original)

Shop for Burberrys for Men (Original) products online

BURBERRY Mr. Burberry Eau de Toilette New 3.3oz

End Date: Thursday Jan-17-2019 8:30:04 PST
Buy It Now for only: $85.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Burberrys for Men (Original)

There are no member images of Burberrys for Men (Original) yet. Why not be the first?