Byblos Uomo (original) (1993)
by Byblos

Byblos Uomo (original) information

Year of Launch1993
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseByblos
PackagingJoel Desgrippes
Parent CompanyEurocosmesi
Parent Company at launchDiana de Silva

About Byblos Uomo (original)

Byblos Uomo (original) is a masculine fragrance by Byblos. The scent was launched in 1993 and the bottle was designed by Joel Desgrippes

Byblos Uomo (original) fragrance notes

Reviews of Byblos Uomo (original)

The first blast is a fizzy and sparkling whiff of citrus (the main role is played by orange) and aromatic green notes. This phase is pungent, herbal and refreshing with a dynamic note of jasmine soaring in the air. A strong and "corporeal" (sweaty/pheromonal-like) note of patchouli starts in a while to get the scene when the initial splashing cocktail slides towards a woodsy base which is a touch spicy, deep in taste of fruit and above all musky. The musk is cool and smooth, without the animal feel and is a perfect final element for this sporting concoction. A nice scent for sport activity and as energizer after shower.
20th June, 2011 (last edited: 16th June, 2015)
This cologne always has an odd reaction on my body, rather dry, but certainly clean. It doesn’t smell synthetic to me – just the opposite – it smells like a mix of natural herbs. The opening has a brief whiff of citrus, and then the herbs begin to awaken. For the longest time, a strong bottom note seemed strange to me, but I couldn’t place the smell and then it finally occurred: it smells like celery! Perhaps this is the combination of other herbs (thyme, tarragon and so forth). I wouldn’t necessarily mind that note, but it is just too strong.
26th March, 2010
I'm with chris-p on this one. It's not a terrible scent, but smells very synthetic and all blends together to smell like metallic floor cleaner. Not sad that it is discontinued; there are any number of "designer" scents out there that give a spicy, fresh, citrus scent better and don't have the odd note attached.
03rd December, 2006
A power scent for me. Very professional and alluringly clean. Not strong per se but wickedly fresh! It is not like they typical fruity sweet scents predominant in the marketplace. A must have for the intrigue this arouses.
14th August, 2005
Byblos has a floor cleaner citrus scent to it that blends very strangely with the jasmine note, mixing to an unusual sparkling grape-like smell. The top notes dry down to a very soapy, floral fragrance which is very unique and somewhat pleasant. Best about 30 minutes after sraying.
28th October, 2003
Although I originally got this scent because I found there was something very distinctive about it, I find it has an odd cold , sour metallic note to it that turns me off. It is a citrussy scent that to me could be worn all year round because it has a lot of depth for a citrussy scent. Funny thing is I got tons of compliments while wearing it. People said it suited me well and was original smelling. However I just can't get past that odd note. Perhaps I should give it another try someday.
26th November, 2002

Add your review of Byblos Uomo (original)

Shop for Byblos Uomo (original) products online

Search Amazon for Byblos Uomo (original)

Member images of Byblos Uomo (original)

There are no member images of Byblos Uomo (original) yet. Why not be the first?