Cacharel Pour L'Homme (1981)
by Cacharel

Cacharel Pour L'Homme information

Year of Launch1981

HouseCacharel
SupplierPFW Paris
PackagingAnnegret Beier
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Cacharel Pour L'Homme

Cacharel Pour L'Homme is a masculine fragrance by Cacharel. The scent was launched in 1981 and the bottle was designed by Annegret Beier

Cacharel Pour L'Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Cacharel Pour L'Homme

Relatively 'under-the-radar' until now, this is a scent that I've seen on the shelves of local chemists that I ignored far too long. Its simplistic looks and packaging have been crying out "come and take a sniff", but alas it was only in 2017 that I discovered this hidden gem. This could easily be the find of the year for me!

Cacharel Pour Homme really is THE fragrance for winter. Who would have known the humble nutmeg could be the centre point of a fragrance? I am reminded of chef Rick Stein's comment that nutmeg is "the scent of Byzantium" - it definitely comes off as noble and ever so classy.

Citrus, flowers and spice is what it’s been described as. Often this description is enough to put me off even trying a scent, but with Cacharel, the nutmeg comes across as smooth yet spicy, strong and long-lasting yet never overpowering or cloying. Totally refined and good enough to wear dressed up or dressed down, you will have people wondering “what IS that smell? I know it somewhere”.

Without a hint of sugar, syrup or honey, this is a bone-dry scent along the lines of Malle's French Lover / Bois d'Orage. In fact, it’s good enough to make you wonder why niche scents exists. Cacharel Pour Homme dates back to 1981 – an important year to me – and this is the quality of scents made back then.

I’ve worn it as a scent on its own or as a base for layering with other contrasting scents. Strong and long lasting, classy and quite unique, I wouldn't be seen dead without this in my fragrance wardrobe. Easily a 5/5 for me.
13th November, 2017
I really liked this at first but after a few weeks got a bit turned off by the nutmeg accord..still very original and a decent woody retro eighties classic. I've not smelt or seen this cloned in anyway so it stands on its own with my respect.
21st June, 2016 (last edited: 28th June, 2016)
Cacharel Pour Homme smells the same as the day I first put it on in the 80's. This is one fragrance that has not changed at all. The nutmeg with the citrus makes a great spicy combination. The dry down is a woody, flowery (carnation and geranium) elegant smell, very masculine. I am very happy that I bought it again after all these years.
14th January, 2016
Cacharel pour L'Homme is very enjoyable from beginning to the last notes.
I won't go too far about notes because it seems other people are better than me to find them, but to my nose, the general feeling is indeed "fresh" (citrus part) and "spicy" (nutmeg part I guess). Good thing since I tend to be fond of spicy fragrances.
To be honest, it's hard to tell it was made more than 30 years ago...
Lot of fragrances made in this era have a significant mark of "smelling 80s" in them. This one just not, or maybe just a tiny bit, but it smells like it could have been made a few years ago as well.
It evolves through few stages on my skin, to the fresh citrus beginning going to the spices and finishing with a very lightly soapy vetiver.
Very "gentleman", unusual and not smelled often nowadays, this is a timeless gem which should be tried at least once by any fragrance enthusiast.
31st December, 2014
Unique... Nutmeg, Fresh Flowers & Citrus!

Well, what a journey! Cacharel pour Homme is certainly a unique one! I don't think I have ever smelled something like it before, whether designer or niche.

It is a composition based around Nutmeg and Citrus. When I tried it for the first time I thought it smelled "weird" and too unusual for me. Like an old anitque bookshop or a car repair garage. It had a smell of old rusty metal and dust. But I talked to a few people who love it and wore it, and I started to appreciate it more. Basically, this is a unique, refined, very elegant scent. But you need to appreciate it. It strikes me as very refined, like a "gentleman's" smell. I mean old fashioned gentleman with nice clothes and hat and stick. Like Sherlock Holmes. Actually it also reminds me of the smell of clothes a little. Like when you are in the back of a vintage clothes shop and you can smell all the material, like the wool and fabric. Gentlemen's winter coats and ladies fur coats. But, I tested it again with an open mind, and I started to appreciate it more.

The combination is mainly between nutmeg and bergamot. The rest of the notes play a part to support these two main ones. So for me all the herbs like lavender and sage etc come together to help the bergamot, along with vetiver and musk, carnation, lilly-of-the-valley, ylang-ylang & sandalwood etc all supporting the nutmeg. It's actually quite a complex scent! and yes, I've grown to like it more and more!

Another reason why I think this is nice, is because it doesn't smell like the other typical 1980's style perfumes (I mean loud or strong)! It is light enough to not offend anyone, and I think it has a unique sweet smell that comes through in the dry down. I know women who wear it and I think it's because it has a floral quality which shows especially in the dry down.

So in conclusion, I think people should check this one out, because I can't think of another fragrance with a prominent nutmeg note (could be niche)? and also because it doesn't smell like it was made from that era. It's light and sweet and floral enough to be worn by anyone, regardless of sex. A very pleasant smell and it doesn't smell like anything out there in my experience. Very pleasant and nice. In the drydown it even smells like warm skin, it's really nice like that. Could be a warm, seductive smell if worn in the right occasion. Alluring. It's also quite inexpensive, and although I am not a huge fan of the bottle, it looks pretty unique too. So if you like nutmeg and fresh flowers... check this out!
16th December, 2014
Cacharel Pour L'Homme is a Fragrance I had in 2007, I managed to use it all fairly quickly and could not find another original. I managed to find a bottle seven years later and it smells as great as ever. It is in my all time top five scents, it's masculine bit has a touch of feminine to it, possibly the Lemon Notes. I agree with other comments that the opening notes fade fairly quickly. You are left with the nutmeg and lemon but more sofisticated. You would not know that it was 1981. Paul Smith brought out a recent Frgrance that smells similar, but Cacharel is still the best. It last about 6 hours on me, silage is great just avoid putting too much on.
03rd October, 2014

Add your review of Cacharel Pour L'Homme

Shop for Cacharel Pour L'Homme products online

Shop for Cacharel Pour L'Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Cacharel Pour L'Homme

Member images of Cacharel Pour L'Homme

There are no member images of Cacharel Pour L'Homme yet. Why not be the first?