Cacharel Pour L'Homme (1981)
    by Cacharel

Cacharel Pour L'Homme Fragrance Notes

Shop for Cacharel Pour L'Homme products online

$33.37*
    50ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 19.95)

Reviews of Cacharel Pour L'Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 54 reviews.

k e i t h's avatar
    k e i t h

Cacharel pl'h,

Very unique stuff. Strangely, I don't get a lot of nutmeg from this. It is there, but just enough to keep you wanting more. The top notes fade quickly on my skin. Within minutes actually, which is a shame. On clothes they stay put much longer 3-4 hours. I notice a similarity to Dunhill's edition (1984) before the drydown occurs. After the top citrus notes fade out I am left with a very woody smell. This is where cacharel pl'h becomes so unique. It reminds me of fresh cut lumber and sawdust, as if I was working in a woodshop cutting 2x4's all day with a chop saw. After an hour or so, cedar is what is left. I do think it is worthy of being in a collection with anyone who appreciates classic men's fragrance. Its a shame that the new juice seems to have been severely neutered. despite that, it does still have that 80's timeless feel to it. I would love to have a vintage bottle in my collection. 1981 was my favorite year in terms of men's frag releases. This will never be a Kouros or Antaeus, but I find myself grabbing this bottle almost as much.

After wearing this frag a while, I notice that in order for my nose to get the nutmeg burst, I find that I must spray a couple more times than I am used to (4-5), on clothes.

Pros: unique,
    Cons: top notes are just too fleeting on my skin

01st February, 2014 (Last Edited: 26 February, 2014)

the reaper's avatar
    the reaper
    Venezuela Venezuela

Damn reformulations

Why do you have to mess with something that was simply bright, wonderful, masculine, different, well done? I just want to have the vintage one but I sit in humbleness and accept what it is now.

02 October, 2013

ferdinand_the_imposter's avatar
    ferdinand_the_imposter

Classic everyday/evening romantic masculine

Sophisticated feminine floral opening, ginger masculine drydown. Out of fashion, hard to get (bar online) but popular with ladies.

Fans will also like LTPiver (stronger ginger, no floral opening).

Pros: Drowsy floral turns nutmeg stayer.
    Cons: Rarely on shelves. Has it really been defanged/reformulated?"

25 September, 2013

MrMookie's avatar
    MrMookie

Ahead of its time

Vintage juice.

I used a lot of bottles in the 80's and 90's this is one of my holy grails.

Where are the people now who created scents like these??
    I never get that WOW WHATS THAT SMELL feeling anymore these days scents all are clones of eachother
    safe in corner sitting to get bought and sprayed on and smell ok... i like most but love a few,
    And this one i love deeply..

This one TRULY tells me a story! its warm,dark and sophisticated its Autumn when leaves are falling and people are preparing for winter.
    Thick coats and shawles walking with your girl in an old city when the winter scents kicks in chimney smells from the houses...

This scent makes me happy!
    Its Warmth in a bottle

Pros: Nothing like it.
    Cons:

12 September, 2013

Bartlebooth's avatar
    Bartlebooth
    Germany Germany

The most recent version of L’homme comes with a new vessel design; the faux metal skirt that was originally below the waist of the bottle has now been hitched up beneath the collar. No doubt this has been done to show off the scars and stitches from the castration that Cacharel have inflicted. This act of perfume barbarism has silenced the glorious nutmeg note to little more than a whisper. The interminable, but charming nutmeg was always its main selling point, and now that is has been diminished, any real reason for ownership has been extinguished.

Scarcely has the difference between an original and a reformulation been greater, so do yourself a favour, wear out some cyber shoe leather and seek out the original.

Pros: None
    Cons: Sillage and Longevity

26 August, 2013 (Last Edited: 13 February, 2014)

fleurie's avatar
    fleurie

A discreet spicy scent of the 80s

One of my first and still a favourite. Not overwhelming, not too sweet, nor pretentious. A nice and whispy lemony zing with geraniums, sage and amber somewhere in the details. The spicy nutmeg tone is what lingers the most. Wish they promoted the sage a bit more. Overall, something I wear just for myself and not to attract any bees.

Pros: Love the nutmeg and bergamot
    Cons: Shame it doesn't have a lasting effect

01st July, 2013