Cacharel Pour L'Homme (1981)
by Cacharel

Cacharel Pour L'Homme information

Year of Launch1981

SupplierPFW Paris
PackagingAnnegret Beier
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Cacharel Pour L'Homme

Cacharel Pour L'Homme is a masculine fragrance by Cacharel. The scent was launched in 1981 and the bottle was designed by Annegret Beier

Cacharel Pour L'Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Cacharel Pour L'Homme

I had used from 1981 when i was 18 . Masterpiece ,one of the best 80's .
18th January, 2018
TeeEm Show all reviews
I bought in 1991 then again in 2017 (bargain price nowadays)

A strong,very sweet citrus smell, very old school in my opinion... A classic perhaps...

06th January, 2018
Relatively 'under-the-radar' until now, this is a scent that I've seen on the shelves of local chemists that I ignored far too long. Its simplistic looks and packaging have been crying out "come and take a sniff", but alas it was only in 2017 that I discovered this hidden gem. This could easily be the find of the year for me!

Cacharel Pour Homme really is THE fragrance for winter. Who would have known the humble nutmeg could be the centre point of a fragrance? I am reminded of chef Rick Stein's comment that nutmeg is "the scent of Byzantium" - it definitely comes off as noble and ever so classy.

Citrus, flowers and spice is what it’s been described as. Often this description is enough to put me off even trying a scent, but with Cacharel, the nutmeg comes across as smooth yet spicy, strong and long-lasting yet never overpowering or cloying. Totally refined and good enough to wear dressed up or dressed down, you will have people wondering “what IS that smell? I know it somewhere”.

Without a hint of sugar, syrup or honey, this is a bone-dry scent along the lines of Malle's French Lover / Bois d'Orage. In fact, it’s good enough to make you wonder why niche scents exists. Cacharel Pour Homme dates back to 1981 – an important year to me – and this is the quality of scents made back then.

I’ve worn it as a scent on its own or as a base for layering with other contrasting scents. Strong and long lasting, classy and quite unique, I wouldn't be seen dead without this in my fragrance wardrobe. Easily a 5/5 for me.
13th November, 2017
I really liked this at first but after a few weeks got a bit turned off by the nutmeg accord..still very original and a decent woody retro eighties classic. I've not smelt or seen this cloned in anyway so it stands on its own with my respect.
21st June, 2016 (last edited: 28th June, 2016)
Cacharel Pour Homme smells the same as the day I first put it on in the 80's. This is one fragrance that has not changed at all. The nutmeg with the citrus makes a great spicy combination. The dry down is a woody, flowery (carnation and geranium) elegant smell, very masculine. I am very happy that I bought it again after all these years.
14th January, 2016
Cacharel pour L'Homme is very enjoyable from beginning to the last notes.
I won't go too far about notes because it seems other people are better than me to find them, but to my nose, the general feeling is indeed "fresh" (citrus part) and "spicy" (nutmeg part I guess). Good thing since I tend to be fond of spicy fragrances.
To be honest, it's hard to tell it was made more than 30 years ago...
Lot of fragrances made in this era have a significant mark of "smelling 80s" in them. This one just not, or maybe just a tiny bit, but it smells like it could have been made a few years ago as well.
It evolves through few stages on my skin, to the fresh citrus beginning going to the spices and finishing with a very lightly soapy vetiver.
Very "gentleman", unusual and not smelled often nowadays, this is a timeless gem which should be tried at least once by any fragrance enthusiast.
31st December, 2014

Add your review of Cacharel Pour L'Homme

Shop for Cacharel Pour L'Homme products online

Shop for Cacharel Pour L'Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Cacharel Pour L'Homme

Member images of Cacharel Pour L'Homme

There are no member images of Cacharel Pour L'Homme yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Cacharel Pour L'Homme