Cacharel Pour L'Homme (1981)
    by Cacharel

Average Rating: 4

Based on 216 ratings

Cacharel Pour L'Homme Fragrance Notes

Cacharel Pour L'Homme information

Cacharel Pour L'Homme is a men's fragrance by Cacharel. The scent was launched in 1981 and the bottle was designed by Annegret Beier

Shop for Cacharel Pour L'Homme products online

50ml EdT
    $31.20*
    50ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 19.95)

Reviews of Cacharel Pour L'Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 61 reviews.

Scentational's avatar

Switzerland Switzerland

Cacharel pour L'Homme is very enjoyable from beginning to the last notes.
    I won't go too far about notes because it seems other people are better than me to find them, but to my nose, the general feeling is indeed "fresh" (citrus part) and "spicy" (nutmeg part I guess). Good thing since I tend to be fond of spicy fragrances.
    To be honest, it's hard to tell it was made more than 30 years ago...
    Lot of fragrances made in this era have a significant mark of "smelling 80s" in them. This one just not, or maybe just a tiny bit, but it smells like it could have been made a few years ago as well.
    It evolves through few stages on my skin, to the fresh citrus beginning going to the spices and finishing with a very lightly soapy vetiver.
    Very "gentleman", unusual and not smelled often nowadays, this is a timeless gem which should be tried at least once by any fragrance enthusiast.

31st December, 2014

tempest moon's avatar

Unique... Nutmeg, Fresh Flowers & Citrus!

Well, what a journey! Cacharel pour Homme is certainly a unique one! I don't think I have ever smelled something like it before, whether designer or niche.

It is a composition based around Nutmeg and Citrus. When I tried it for the first time I thought it smelled "weird" and too unusual for me. Like an old anitque bookshop or a car repair garage. It had a smell of old rusty metal and dust. But I talked to a few people who love it and wore it, and I started to appreciate it more. Basically, this is a unique, refined, very elegant scent. But you need to appreciate it. It strikes me as very refined, like a "gentleman's" smell. I mean old fashioned gentleman with nice clothes and hat and stick. Like Sherlock Holmes. Actually it also reminds me of the smell of clothes a little. Like when you are in the back of a vintage clothes shop and you can smell all the material, like the wool and fabric. Gentlemen's winter coats and ladies fur coats. But, I tested it again with an open mind, and I started to appreciate it more.

The combination is mainly between nutmeg and bergamot. The rest of the notes play a part to support these two main ones. So for me all the herbs like lavender and sage etc come together to help the bergamot, along with vetiver and musk, carnation, lilly-of-the-valley, ylang-ylang & sandalwood etc all supporting the nutmeg. It's actually quite a complex scent! and yes, I've grown to like it more and more!

Another reason why I think this is nice, is because it doesn't smell like the other typical 1980's style perfumes (I mean loud or strong)! It is light enough to not offend anyone, and I think it has a unique sweet smell that comes through in the dry down. I know women who wear it and I think it's because it has a floral quality which shows especially in the dry down.

So in conclusion, I think people should check this one out, because I can't think of another fragrance with a prominent nutmeg note (could be niche)? and also because it doesn't smell like it was made from that era. It's light and sweet and floral enough to be worn by anyone, regardless of sex. A very pleasant smell and it doesn't smell like anything out there in my experience. Very pleasant and nice. In the drydown it even smells like warm skin, it's really nice like that. Could be a warm, seductive smell if worn in the right occasion. Alluring. It's also quite inexpensive, and although I am not a huge fan of the bottle, it looks pretty unique too. So if you like nutmeg and fresh flowers... check this out!

16th December, 2014

frostycitrusguy's avatar

Cacharel Pour L'Homme is a Fragrance I had in 2007, I managed to use it all fairly quickly and could not find another original. I managed to find a bottle seven years later and it smells as great as ever. It is in my all time top five scents, it's masculine bit has a touch of feminine to it, possibly the Lemon Notes. I agree with other comments that the opening notes fade fairly quickly. You are left with the nutmeg and lemon but more sofisticated. You would not know that it was 1981. Paul Smith brought out a recent Frgrance that smells similar, but Cacharel is still the best. It last about 6 hours on me, silage is great just avoid putting too much on.

03rd October, 2014

Francop's avatar

Spain Spain

One of the best masculine Fougere scents of all times. I grew up surrounded by beautiful men who wore this perfume in the 80's. I fully understood the reactions that it caused amongst men and women...

Try and get the vintage version if you can and you will really appreciate this Beauty. It will make you leave niche stuff.

If you can't find it, try Nebula 2 by Oliver Valverde as there are some similarities.

Fantastic Longevity & Sillage

Triple Thumbs up!

14th August, 2014 (Last Edited: 11th October, 2014)

Redbeard's avatar

This is serious stuff...starts out leathery with sweet floral undertones, maybe geranium? It's a bit like Aramis but with more foliage and less musk. It soon turns really dirty and earthy, like a darker Yatagan, with lots of pine sap...very Paul Bunyan outdoorsy. After a while, though, things start to get musty and even rubbery, like the smell of an engine that's been running hot, or insulation on hot wires. Somehow this component gives it a coolness that complements what would otherwise be a purely wintery scent, but it also leaves a medicinal edge that I don't like. Granted I'm not the biggest leather scent fan, but I tried Parfum d'Habit a few years ago and was much more impressed in terms of both realism and easy wearability.

11th August, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

Cacharel pour Homme opens with a galactic blast of odd, spicy, synthetic plushy notes floating on a sci-fi base accord of milky woods. Spicy whiteness from the future, I can't believe this comes from 1981 – it smells more like a post-2000s experimental/clean synthetic scent à la Helmut Lang (or actually à la Cacharel themselves – think of Nemo). Plummy and almost fruity, clean like our Italian "Appretto" (that spray you use for ironing) but also permeated by a dark grey aura all over. Dusty-sweet base with balmy notes, flowers and woods, and on top, a massive breeze of cloves and nutmeg. This scent is complex indeed, a lot of contrasting notes and accords are here: but somehow, they work perfectly together. Miles away from any typical "canon" of its era, a crazy scent for sure. The opening is a bit strong because of the spicy-medicinal accord, but once it softens, the woods take over and surprisingly Cacharel pour Homme becomes something really, really similar to Gucci pour Homme I (so keep it in mind as a cheaper alternative to that!). One of the most modern, futuristic and avantgarde vintage scents I've ever owned. Daring and beautiful!

8,5/10

06th August, 2014

Add your review of Cacharel Pour L'Homme

Search for on eBay United States

RARE Vtg IOB Cacharel Eau de Toilette Pour L'Homme SPLASH 1.7 Fl Oz 50 ml FRANCE
    • Time Left: 12 days
    • Time Left: 25 days
    Cacharel Pour L'homme Men's Bar Soap / Two Bars / Made in France
    • Time Left: 1 day

Member images of Cacharel Pour L'Homme

There are no member images of Cacharel Pour L'Homme yet. Why not be the first?