Cacharel Pour L'Homme (1981)
    by Cacharel

Average Rating: 4

Based on 216 ratings

Cacharel Pour L'Homme Fragrance Notes

Cacharel Pour L'Homme information

Cacharel Pour L'Homme is a men's fragrance by Cacharel. The scent was launched in 1981 and the bottle was designed by Annegret Beier

Shop for Cacharel Pour L'Homme products online

$33.37*
    50ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 19.95)

Reviews of Cacharel Pour L'Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 59 reviews.

frostycitrusguy's avatar

Cacharel Pour L'Homme is a Fragrance I had in 2007, I managed to use it all fairly quickly and could not find another original. I managed to find a bottle seven years later and it smells as great as ever. It is in my all time top five scents, it's masculine bit has a touch of feminine to it, possibly the Lemon Notes. I agree with other comments that the opening notes fade fairly quickly. You are left with the nutmeg and lemon but more sofisticated. You would not know that it was 1981. Paul Smith brought out a recent Frgrance that smells similar, but Cacharel is still the best. It last about 6 hours on me, silage is great just avoid putting too much on.

03 October, 2014

Francop's avatar

Spain Spain

One of the best masculine Fougere scents of all times. I grew up surrounded by beautiful men who wore this perfume in the 80's. I fully understood the reactions that it caused amongst men and women...

Try and get the vintage version if you can and you will really appreciate this Beauty. It will make you leave niche stuff.

If you can't find it, try Nebula 2 by Oliver Valverde as there are some similarities.

Fantastic Longevity & Sillage

Triple Thumbs up!

14 August, 2014 (Last Edited: 11th October, 2014)

Redbeard's avatar

This is serious stuff...starts out leathery with sweet floral undertones, maybe geranium? It's a bit like Aramis but with more foliage and less musk. It soon turns really dirty and earthy, like a darker Yatagan, with lots of pine sap...very Paul Bunyan outdoorsy. After a while, though, things start to get musty and even rubbery, like the smell of an engine that's been running hot, or insulation on hot wires. Somehow this component gives it a coolness that complements what would otherwise be a purely wintery scent, but it also leaves a medicinal edge that I don't like. Granted I'm not the biggest leather scent fan, but I tried Parfum d'Habit a few years ago and was much more impressed in terms of both realism and easy wearability.

11th August, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

Cacharel pour Homme opens with a galactic blast of odd, spicy, synthetic plushy notes floating on a sci-fi base accord of milky woods. Spicy whiteness from the future, I can't believe this comes from 1981 – it smells more like a post-2000s experimental/clean synthetic scent à la Helmut Lang (or actually à la Cacharel themselves – think of Nemo). Plummy and almost fruity, clean like our Italian "Appretto" (that spray you use for ironing) but also permeated by a dark grey aura all over. Dusty-sweet base with balmy notes, flowers and woods, and on top, a massive breeze of cloves and nutmeg. This scent is complex indeed, a lot of contrasting notes and accords are here: but somehow, they work perfectly together. Miles away from any typical "canon" of its era, a crazy scent for sure. The opening is a bit strong because of the spicy-medicinal accord, but once it softens, the woods take over and surprisingly Cacharel pour Homme becomes something really, really similar to Gucci pour Homme I (so keep it in mind as a cheaper alternative to that!). One of the most modern, futuristic and avantgarde vintage scents I've ever owned. Daring and beautiful!

8,5/10

06 August, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woods

I love nutmeg. Cacharel pour l’Homme is chock full o’ “nutmeg.” I can’t stand Cacharel pour l’Homme. Through some dark miracle of science Cacharel pour l'Homme makes nutmeg reek like chemical fumes. I urge anybody who confuses this miasma with the real spice to grate themselves some nutmeg, then (gingerly) sniff Cacharel pour l'Homme.

I love many big, bold scents: Or Black, Kouros, Black Aoud, Knize Ten, Bandit, Musc Ravageur, Havana, Amouage Gold, Yatagan…the list goes on. Cacharel pour l’Homme is big and bold. It’s also loud, harsh, and crude, and its mere presence in the room distracts me from my work and curbs my appetite. Whenever I smell Cacharel pour l’Homme I wish its sillage, strength, and longevity were all much less.

I have found a new nemesis. Its name is Cacharel pour l’Homme.

11th June, 2014

k e i t h's avatar

Cacharel pl'h,

Very unique stuff. Strangely, I don't get a lot of nutmeg from this. It is there, but just enough to keep you wanting more. The top notes fade quickly on my skin. Within minutes actually, which is a shame. On clothes they stay put much longer 3-4 hours. I notice a similarity to Dunhill's edition (1984) before the drydown occurs. After the top citrus notes fade out I am left with a very woody smell. This is where cacharel pl'h becomes so unique. It reminds me of fresh cut lumber and sawdust, as if I was working in a woodshop cutting 2x4's all day with a chop saw. After an hour or so, cedar is what is left. I do think it is worthy of being in a collection with anyone who appreciates classic men's fragrance. Its a shame that the new juice seems to have been severely neutered. despite that, it does still have that 80's timeless feel to it. I would love to have a vintage bottle in my collection. 1981 was my favorite year in terms of men's frag releases. This will never be a Kouros or Antaeus, but I find myself grabbing this bottle almost as much.

After wearing this frag a while, I notice that in order for my nose to get the nutmeg burst, I find that I must spray a couple more times than I am used to (4-5), on clothes.

Pros: unique,
    Cons: top notes are just too fleeting on my skin

01st February, 2014 (Last Edited: 26 February, 2014)

Add your review of Cacharel Pour L'Homme