Caesars Man (1988)

Caesars Man information

Year of Launch1988

HouseCaesars World

About Caesars Man

Caesars Man is a masculine fragrance by Caesars World. The scent was launched in 1988

Reviews of Caesars Man

I've had what I imagine to be the current formulation of Drakkar Noir on my shelf - a mini bottle of it - for a while now, and I rarely reach for it. The bigger bottle I have of it has been retired to the closet's swap stash. I really never use it, but since the mini bottle is so small, and it's really not a bad fragrance, it's managed to keep its place.

I had read on here in several spots that Caesars Man is very similar to the vintage version of Drakkar Noir. Seeing as it's pretty accessible including in price, I was curious enough to try, and grateful that I did! I have no basis for comparison to the vintage formulation of Drakkar Noir. I do smell the similarity to the current formulation, but this is smoother yet with more character and personality, much more wearable. I enjoy it!
29th January, 2015
Manly & 2 strong like drakkar noir

Basically a copy of Drakkar Noir.

very Manly but 2 strong 4 me to wear.

Pros: lasts all day
Cons: Not Original"

17th September, 2013
drseid Show all reviews
Vintage Drakkar Noir In A Bottle...

Caesars Man opens with a gentle aromatic lavender and herb-laced citric bergamot with faint traces of slightly soapy oakmoss rising all the way from the base. As it enters the early heart phase the lavender remains along with the now much more prominent slightly soapy oakmoss joining green slightly astringent coniferous accord with a semi-sweet almost candied amber undertone. The fragrance remains linear through the late dry-down as it stays green through the end as the lavender finally fades late. Projection is excellent and longevity is outstanding at 12+ hours on skin.

I could wax-on as to all the characteristics I love and admire about powerhouse extraordinaire Caesars Man like its slightly soapy aromatic herbal green nature, but the truth is the composition really is extremely similar to vintage Drakkar Noir and if you have sniffed that classic you should have a very good idea what Caesars Man smells like. I *will* say that while I don't know how old my recently acquired bottle is, but I am very impressed as to the amount of oakmoss that is readily apparent on first sniff here, only gaining in intensity as time passes. No, this is not a huge oakmoss bomb like vintage Captain Molyneux, but there is plenty of the real stuff in here for sure. The bottom line is Caesars Man does not break any new ground, instead copying one of the all-time greats... extremely well. As 120ml bottles of Caesars Man can be had from discounters for approximately $15, acquiring this "excellent" smelling 4 star out of 5 rated powerhouse is a relatively easy decision for powerhouse fans (assuming you don't already own vintage Drakkar Noir).

Pros: An amazing amount of oakmoss that I didn't think was still possible... Outstanding performance metrics and value.
Cons: Lacks innovation.
15th July, 2013 (last edited: 13th December, 2013)
clean and refreshing

I enjoy this frag. Very clean and smells better then many newer expensive scents. For 8.99 for 4 oz its a steal...lasts a long time and is not harsh to my nose.

Pros: inexpensive

11th June, 2013
The old, stronger than the current, formula of Drakkar Noir but with a greener, less leathery and may be denser sillage, this is Caesars Man. The notes are pratically identical with those of the more notorious homologous aromatic fougere from Laroche. Very hard to find, an italian collector introduced me to smell granting to know the features. Not particulary compelling but a good stuff in any case.
19th September, 2011
Not much to say about Caesars Man. Two things:

1) Caesars Man is a good fragrance. A (by all means) cheap aromatic/green fougère that smells way much better than the majority of today's masculines.

2) It's definitely derivative (Drakkar Noir anyone?).

Said that, if you find it on a shelf, don't miss the chance to take it home as it sells ridicolously cheap and smells cheap but good.
10th August, 2011

Add your review of Caesars Man

Shop for Caesars Man products online

Shop for Caesars Man at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Caesars Man

Member images of Caesars Man

There are no member images of Caesars Man yet. Why not be the first?