Candie's Men (1999)

AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseCandie's
Parent Company at launchClaiborne Cosmetics

About Candie's Men

A fresh scent, produced by Liz Claiborne.

Candie's Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Candie's Men

Have been wearing this scent for about 10 years now, Sucks that its not in production anymore but can still be found on the internet. Very fruity scent. Average longevity and medium projection/sillage. Not overpowering but very seductive scent if you want to attract women. One of my tried & true scents. Will always have a spot for Candies for Men in my wardrobe.
10th April, 2015
Perhaps it is my mind that makes like this fragrance more than I really do, because it is discontinued and somewhat nostalgic. It's a sweet green citrus, and although not listed in the notes, I get a good dose of lavender as well. A lot of notes, but pretty simple. Cheap, synthetic, sweet green notes, a little citrus, and lavender. The opening is very similar to McGraw. The dry down, however, is not very nice. Too much of this, and too much of that; which results in too much of the smell of nail polish. After the 15 minute mark, Candie's goes completely sour on my skin. I can't believe I went through a full bottle of this in high school, what was I thinking!
02nd October, 2011 (last edited: 26th October, 2012)
When I first tried this, all I smelled was unscented baby wipes. I tried it a few more times after that and I actually picked up on the grapefruit, watermelon, and basil in the opening with a green, fruity, light woodsy and light musky drydown. It's not as sweet as some reviews say. It's actually quite light and a bit powdery. I think of it along the lines of D&G Light Blue but without the lemon and citrus. Instead, the watermelon replaces the lemon and the only citrus note is the grapefruit. Think of a lightly fruity, green, baby powder wipe or baby powder in general. It's a decent scent but nothing special and definitely not for anyone over the age of 25. Sillage and longevity are excellent as well but the reason I give this a neutral is because it's just the same scent over and over again. So much that it becomes too boring and bland after a few wearings. Trust me, it's nice and safe, but you will get bored of it, and fast! Final Rating B-
20th December, 2010
I own this...chicks loved this when I was in 10th/11th grade but I'm 25 now, and have long outgrown this sort of thing...nice smell but you have to apply very lightly, or it is an overbearing, headache-inducing mess. Nice for summer nights if you're in high school, but if you're not, really you should look for something else.
20th September, 2009
lex Show all reviews
notes crashing together. too much goin on, candies has sillage for sure i remember smellin it in a book one time and i was surprised when it was a gift to me actually it smelled very nice on paper but a different story in the flesh
15th March, 2009 (last edited: 12th June, 2009)
A thoroughly pleasant, great-smelling fragrance. The perfect summer fragrance.
26th October, 2008

Add your review of Candie's Men

Shop for Candie's Men products online

Search Amazon for Candie's Men

Member images of Candie's Men

There are no member images of Candie's Men yet. Why not be the first?