Cellini (1980)
    by Fabergé

Cellini Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Cellini

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

Bigsly's avatar
    Bigsly

Sort of an anisic version of the original formulation of BIjan for Men (which is woodier), though apparently Cellini came first. It's not as complex as the Bijan, and it feels lighter, though by no means is it any kind of "weakling." The anise is quite strong at first, and reminded me a bit like IL by Lancetti for a while, but then it settled down into a more blended fragrance. Anyway, this is what you would expect from a fullbodied 80s style men's fragrance. Over time, Cellini goes in a more herbal direction than Bijan, with the anise kind of melding in. The listed hay and leather are not strong, nor is it particularly sweet. It seems that the listed middle notes overpower the base ones, but it lasts a long time with at least good projection/"sillage" (the opening has strong projection). One thing that is very well done here is the blending. You can tell the notes are present, but it has no "blob"-like quality. The balance is great and it smells natural. No, the drydown is not as smooth as Patou Pour Homme (and there's not clear animalic note), but this may be the closest thing to it, once you get a few hours into it (otherwise the anise is too strong).

22 September, 2011

Naed_Nitram's avatar
    Naed_Nitram

Visiting my friend Marcel in his hospital bed the other day, he clutched my arm and whispered hoarsely: "You know, mon cher Nitram, I have such fond memories of the long discontinued Cellini by Faberge! It was the summer that Albertine and I undertook a motoring tour of the Italian countryside, and the smell of Cellini seemed to surround us everywhere - a splendid opening of lemon and herbs and - the thing I remember most - a unique development of such a sunny resinous warmth. I have never known its like in any other scent! It really seemed to sing of the Italian summer, good food, good fortune, happy futures, the promise between Albertine and myself! And to see me now, surrounded by the smells of disinfectant and tapioca pudding, bored nurses and self-important doctors! Albertine gone, Cellini gone, myself almost gone, and you standing there, twitching, unsure how to console me! Empty beds of the dead!"

17 September, 2011

Ensoleille's avatar
    Ensoleille

I actually found three sellers of Cellini on eBay! One is in the UK, and the other two are in the U.S.
    There is something about the basenotes combination that makes Cellini unforgettable. Just so warm, masculine and comforting.
    Like most rare colognes, it is pricey, but if you're willing to drive all over Europe searching for it, I think it might be worth the money.

08 August, 2006