Centaures Cuir Casaque (1996)
    by Pierre Cardin

Reviews of Centaures Cuir Casaque

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive No Positive Reviews • neutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Extremely powerful leather with a fizzy powderiness. Like a very strong soap made from tanning liquids. There's a line from a song that I forget the name of that goes "aging black leather" and Cuir Casaque reminds me of that line. If you like the strong and powdery type of leather, here it is!

06 June, 2009

robyogi's avatar
    robyogi

An extremely powdery leather. I've been trying this one for some time from my decant, waiting to "get it," waiting for that "aha" moment of realization, but it's just not coming for me. I put it on and it goes: powdery leather, then leathery powder. It smells distinguished, mature, classic, totally unisex (maybe leaning feminine by today's standards) - but also to my nose dated, anachronistic. I feel like this is something that could have been worn in the days that men wore wigs. It also reminds me of my great aunt's house...maybe the fancy soaps she kept by sink (don't use them; just look at them!), maybe the house full of Pierre Cardin beddings. If you like leather and powder, this is for you. I prefer my leather to be sharp and crisp.

12 November, 2006