Chaleur d'Animale pour Homme (2000)
    by Animale Parfums

Average Rating: 3

Based on 23 ratings

Chaleur d'Animale pour Homme Fragrance Notes

Chaleur d'Animale pour Homme information

Chaleur d'Animale pour Homme is a men's fragrance by Animale Parfums. The scent was launched in 2000

Reviews of Chaleur d'Animale pour Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.

SirRaymond's avatar

Sweet Heat

This scent sounds rather fearsome:

An animale in heat!

Methinks the beast is tamer,

As I find it rather sweet.

But since I'm fairly thrifty,

The beast did make me pounce

To find a scent that saves a cent,

A bargain by the ounce.

I wear it on occasion

Though it leaves me in a quandary:

How an animal in rutting heat

Can smell like fresh, clean laundry.

24 May, 2013

PerfumeCollector's avatar

A very pleasant scent that does not deserve the trashing it is getting here.
    Granted, is not a Creed or Guerlain, but for the money, you get a pretty decent deal.
    Bergamot is the dominant note on opening but it is well spiced up by the white sage, then it turns into this "clean" vibe, I have to agree that smells a bit like fresh laundry, but that doesn't mean cheap, or "Cheer" like. It feels fresh, green and slightly spiced, then goes into a green/woody/sweet drydown.
    Sillage is not that bad but longevity is kinda poor.
    Can't really give it my thumbs up, but gets a very high neutral from me.

21st November, 2011

AnimaSola's avatar

Sweet and cheap animal heat. Chaleur d'Animale has an unctuous personality. Tide or Cheer might have been the inspiration for this one. This type of fragrance goes well with $20 Rolexes, velvet zebra-print outfits, or anything garish. Actually, smelling it as I write, I am beginning to like it. Well, I've betrayed myself again.

29 November, 2009 (Last Edited: 21st March, 2010)

Bigsly's avatar

As has been said, this starts off sharp green and a bit "soapy." Within an hour or two it softens up and becomes a "skin musk" type of frag (depends upon how much you use). It doesn't have a "cheap drugstore" smell to me, just very sharp. I really don't like "green" frags and I hate the geranium/sandalwood combination, as is the case here, so it's hard for me to say how this compares to other, similar frags, because I try to avoid them. For the price, though, it seems to be a good buy for those who seek this kind of frag and want to keep the costs down. I guess the chain connected to it is a "conversation piece," at no extra charge. LOL.

02 December, 2008

Why the chain? Chaleur díAnimale opens with a green / citrus / herbal accord that is sharp to the point of seeming cheap Ė itís that thin, piercing, meaningless sharpness that inhabits so many of the drugstore fragrances. It does settle down to a more acceptable sharpness as it moves into the middle accords of spice and florals Ė sharp but okay. This middle is not especially endearing, itís not strongly either floral or spicy but it is a nice green that has a non-offending sort of way about it. The base doesnít change much from what went before, except that it becomes woodier Ė a sort of Ehhh woodiness. I donít really think of Chaleur díAnimale as being strongly sweet; I think its sweetness is kept well under control. It is not very challenging nor is it very unique. Itís okay, but, why the chain?

23 August, 2008

Tony T's avatar

one of the worst green scents ever. very sharp and strong. smells like dog vomit and burning hay. terrible that's why it's so cheap. i got a used bottle on ebay for 7 bucks and that was too much. definately a repulsive and nasty scent here guys.

05 August, 2008