Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée (1989)
    by Chanel

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée Fragrance Notes

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée information

A longer lasting interpretation of the original Chanel Pour Monsieur. It has fresher notes and deepened base notes.

Reviews of Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée

Showing 1 to 6 of 71 reviews.

Zenwannabee's avatar
    Zenwannabee

I always felt this was the fragrance that made me an adult. It was so grown up without being fogy-ish. It was (and is still for me) that timeless fragrance that is my armor for any important occasion whatsoever--like that classic suit that never seems to go out of style. I got this as a wedding gift for myself at the same time I bought a bottle of Chanel No. 5 for my wife--a very well-matched couple indeed. And, nearly 25 years later, I still like the initial citrusy hit and then I wait for the slow mellowing into that heavenly woodsy and vanilla leather that hangs about me in a modest aura all day.

I love this fragrance--and most of Chanel's other offerings. My only regret is that, at least in the U.S., Pour Monsieur is no longer offered as a splash. I've never been a big fan of EDT sprays and I prefer applying this old-school, like an aftershave--it's easier to control the amount and I don't have to withstand that initial alcohol blast. But the scent is still the one. Thankfully, some things that are truly good do stand the tests of time and the marketplace.

22 March, 2014 (Last Edited: 26 March, 2014)

cytherian's avatar
    cytherian

My first Chanel fragrance was Egoiste Concentree. I thought it was the best fragrance ever made, hands down. Nothing could top it and only some fragrances could only try to compete with it. Then I got a hold of Pour Monsieur Concentree and my allegiance changed. What PMC does is deliver a similar combination of notes but without the sweet floral accord. It is indeed more masculine. And after smelling both of these two greats one after the other, reversing the order and back, PMC wins. This is the fragrance I would take to the desert island.

31st December, 2013

rogalal's avatar
    rogalal

I think I may have to go against the grain and say that I don't think Pour Monsieur Concentree is really that great. It's trying to be a whole lot of things all at once and doesn't quite pull it off.

There's a citrus chypre in there, topped with lemon and neroli, as well a an old-school poopy fougere with lavender and tonka and civet. Then, there's vanilla and a huge slug of mace, so there's a sweet pie element as well. I have nothing against "crowded" scents, but P.M.C. suffers from some unfortunate combinations. The lavender often comes off as shrill and metallic, which combines with the sweet neroli to occasionally smell cheap, while the vanilla/poop/pie combination (which Musk Ravageur has shown us can be brilliant) fights with the green chypre elements.

It's not that Pour Monsieur Concentree is a complete mess, it's that it just doesn't stand up to close scrutiny. It's not a thumbs down, but certainly isn't a thumbs up for me either.

22 December, 2013

ClarkScent's avatar
    ClarkScent

Class Act

When I first purchased this gem I thought it was the original 1955 version. I fell in love with it. I got married in it. Then later I learned what it actually is. The original of anything usually is the best choice..not in this case. While I do enjoy the original for what it is, my choice (not that I have to choose) is the concentree. The kind of scent that I imagine makes angels smile with every spray.

Pros: Sophistication Squared
    Cons: Would like 5 mins more longevity "

01st October, 2013

Awakening950's avatar
    Awakening950

Second best Chanel

A smooth creamy lemon. What's not to like. A very good designer scent.

25 August, 2013

Zealot Crusader's avatar
    Zealot Crusader

Richer and more oriental-based version of the original Pour Monsieur. For fans of chypres whom already own Eau Sauvage or Moustache, this one is a good change of pace when kept alongside it's chypre kin. The Concentrée variant adds a little richness to the mix that the original wouldn't deliver, and does so in a way that doesn't mask or make unrecognizable the trademarked scent itself. Since the standard EDT smells so similar this concentrée version that it would be redundant to have the concentrée if one already owns the original, it isn't recommended to buy this unless curiosity wins one over. Having the concentrée instead of the venerable original adds a bit of the warmth to a wardrobe that is otherwise heavy on chypres and fougères, and makes a good wear for winter when the Eau Sauvage or Moustache just wouldn't project enough through the cold air. Essentially, this is a great way to have the atmosphere of a Chanel classic but spiced up just a bit for depth beyond it's original formulation.

27 October, 2012 (Last Edited: 05 November, 2012)

Add your review of Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée