Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée (1989)
    by Chanel

Average Rating: 4

Based on 398 ratings

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée Fragrance Notes

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée information

A longer lasting interpretation of the original Chanel Pour Monsieur. It has fresher notes and deepened base notes.

Reviews of Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée

Showing 1 to 6 of 73 reviews.

landshark321's avatar

I hadn't tried the original concentration, so I was a little skeptical when trying Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée for the first time. Upon first spray, it's an obviously masculine but not overwhelming combination of citrus and spice, and within its dry down, it's clear that it probably has year-round and day/night versatility as well. I like it to Ralph Lauren's Safari in this respect: it's sophisticated and classic, being just enough "old man" but also fresh to create a fragrance that can really be a signature.

The lavender/mandarin opening create a sharp, fresh, and slightly sweet mix that is well-grounded by the cardomom and vetiver, which constitute the earthy, spicy accord. I don't specifically detect the vanilla.

Projection is moderate and longevity is great for an EDT, or good, for an EDP. There seems to be a little confusion about the concentration (even on the Chanel website, which describes it as an EDT but shows the bottle with EDP), but regardless, it's a decently strong but not overwhelming scent that is in the sweet spot of concentration without being a powerhouse ala Tom Ford Private Blend.

I think all men need to try this to see if it's in their wheelhouse. It may not suit a young man, but I imagine it would work well for many men, given that it's a mix of several different categories and keeps the ingredients well in balance.

8 out of 10

16th April, 2015

Nosey49's avatar

I received this as a "throw in" to make a swap with another basenoter possible and wasn't really expecting to use it. Was I hugely surprised! This is an absolutely fantastic fragrance and gets more compliments that anything else in my wardrobe.

It's just smoooooooooooooooooooooth.........................and sophisticated.

12th May, 2014

Zenwannabee's avatar

I always felt this was the fragrance that made me an adult. It was so grown up without being fogy-ish. It was (and is still for me) that timeless fragrance that is my armor for any important occasion whatsoever--like that classic suit that never seems to go out of style. I got this as a wedding gift for myself at the same time I bought a bottle of Chanel No. 5 for my wife--a very well-matched couple indeed. And, nearly 25 years later, I still like the initial citrusy hit and then I wait for the slow mellowing into that heavenly woodsy and vanilla leather that hangs about me in a modest aura all day.

I love this fragrance--and most of Chanel's other offerings. My only regret is that, at least in the U.S., Pour Monsieur is no longer offered as a splash. I've never been a big fan of EDT sprays and I prefer applying this old-school, like an aftershave--it's easier to control the amount and I don't have to withstand that initial alcohol blast. But the scent is still the one. Thankfully, some things that are truly good do stand the tests of time and the marketplace.

22nd March, 2014 (Last Edited: 26th March, 2014)

cytherian's avatar

My first Chanel fragrance was Egoiste Concentree. I thought it was the best fragrance ever made, hands down. Nothing could top it and only some fragrances could only try to compete with it. Then I got a hold of Pour Monsieur Concentree and my allegiance changed. What PMC does is deliver a similar combination of notes but without the sweet floral accord. It is indeed more masculine. And after smelling both of these two greats one after the other, reversing the order and back, PMC wins. This is the fragrance I would take to the desert island.

31st December, 2013

rogalal's avatar

I think I may have to go against the grain and say that I don't think Pour Monsieur Concentree is really that great. It's trying to be a whole lot of things all at once and doesn't quite pull it off.

There's a citrus chypre in there, topped with lemon and neroli, as well a an old-school poopy fougere with lavender and tonka and civet. Then, there's vanilla and a huge slug of mace, so there's a sweet pie element as well. I have nothing against "crowded" scents, but P.M.C. suffers from some unfortunate combinations. The lavender often comes off as shrill and metallic, which combines with the sweet neroli to occasionally smell cheap, while the vanilla/poop/pie combination (which Musk Ravageur has shown us can be brilliant) fights with the green chypre elements.

It's not that Pour Monsieur Concentree is a complete mess, it's that it just doesn't stand up to close scrutiny. It's not a thumbs down, but certainly isn't a thumbs up for me either.

22nd December, 2013

ClarkScent's avatar

Class Act

When I first purchased this gem I thought it was the original 1955 version. I fell in love with it. I got married in it. Then later I learned what it actually is. The original of anything usually is the best choice..not in this case. While I do enjoy the original for what it is, my choice (not that I have to choose) is the concentree. The kind of scent that I imagine makes angels smile with every spray.

Pros: Sophistication Squared
    Cons: Would like 5 mins more longevity "

01st October, 2013

• Time Left: 21 days
    Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree Eau De Toilette 2.5 fl. oz. Tester
    • Time Left: 12 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    CHANEL Pour Monsieur Eau de Toilette Concentree 2.5 oz./75ml (no box)
    • Time Left: 17 days
    Pour Monsieur by Chanel EDT CONCENTREE MINI 7.5ML/1/4oz NEW; UNBOXED
    • Time Left: 25 days
    NEW CHANEL POUR MONSIEUR EAU DE TOILETTE CONCENTREE SPRAY 1 FL OZ 30ML SEALED
    • Time Left: 26 days
    Chanel Pour Monsieur 3.4 Oz Splash Edt Concentree 98% Full. Read Description
    • Time Left: 27 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    CHANEL Pour Monsieur EDT spray Concentree 2.5 oz READ ALMOST FULL!!!
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 3 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 4 days
    HIGHEST BID
    Chanel Pour Monsieur Eau de Toilette Concentree 3.4 Splash
    • Time Left: 23 days

Member images of Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée

There are no member images of Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée yet. Why not be the first?