Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée (1989)
by Chanel

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée information

Year of Launch1989

PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée is a masculine fragrance by Chanel. The scent was launched in 1989 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée fragrance notes

Reviews of Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée

CPM is a very nice woodsy oriental with a powdery vanilla base. It's an excellent composition of very high quality, but it reminds me of several fragrances that I already own. Most notably, I get a strong sense of Chanel's Allure Homme, especially in the dry down. I own Allure and find it to be one of my most versatile year round fragrances. However, I don't want to purchase a fragrance from the very same house and designer that conjures such olfactory affiliation. Good fragrance none the less, thumbs up, but a non-buy for me.
03rd September, 2015
I love Chanel, usually, but not Pour Monsieur Concentree. I'm neutral leaning thumbs down. I would describe it as unpleasant and slightly harsh.

Update: I initially wore the version in a tester labelled edt concentree in 2015, while the name change to edp was in the boxes being sold; i.e., the last vesion of edt concentree before the name change.

Now, trying a version from the 90s, I'm a fan, and would give this older formulation an enthusiastic thumbs up. The reformation on this one is disappointing, but the original is a nice flanker.
05th July, 2015 (last edited: 09th August, 2015)
I hadn't tried the original concentration, so I was a little skeptical when trying Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée for the first time. Upon first spray, it's an obviously masculine but not overwhelming combination of citrus and spice, and within its dry down, it's clear that it probably has year-round and day/night versatility as well. I like it to Ralph Lauren's Safari in this respect: it's sophisticated and classic, being just enough "old man" but also fresh to create a fragrance that can really be a signature.

The lavender/mandarin opening create a sharp, fresh, and slightly sweet mix that is well-grounded by the cardomom and vetiver, which constitute the earthy, spicy accord. I don't specifically detect the vanilla.

Projection is moderate and longevity is great for an EDT, or good, for an EDP. There seems to be a little confusion about the concentration (even on the Chanel website, which describes it as an EDT but shows the bottle with EDP), but regardless, it's a decently strong but not overwhelming scent that is in the sweet spot of concentration without being a powerhouse ala Tom Ford Private Blend.

I think all men need to try this to see if it's in their wheelhouse. It may not suit a young man, but I imagine it would work well for many men, given that it's a mix of several different categories and keeps the ingredients well in balance.

8 out of 10
16th April, 2015
I received this as a "throw in" to make a swap with another basenoter possible and wasn't really expecting to use it. Was I hugely surprised! This is an absolutely fantastic fragrance and gets more compliments that anything else in my wardrobe.

It's just smoooooooooooooooooooooth.........................and sophisticated.
12th May, 2014
I always felt this was the fragrance that made me an adult. It was so grown up without being fogy-ish. It was (and is still for me) that timeless fragrance that is my armor for any important occasion whatsoever--like that classic suit that never seems to go out of style. I got this as a wedding gift for myself at the same time I bought a bottle of Chanel No. 5 for my wife--a very well-matched couple indeed. And, nearly 25 years later, I still like the initial citrusy hit and then I wait for the slow mellowing into that heavenly woodsy and vanilla leather that hangs about me in a modest aura all day.

I love this fragrance--and most of Chanel's other offerings. My only regret is that, at least in the U.S., Pour Monsieur is no longer offered as a splash. I've never been a big fan of EDT sprays and I prefer applying this old-school, like an aftershave--it's easier to control the amount and I don't have to withstand that initial alcohol blast. But the scent is still the one. Thankfully, some things that are truly good do stand the tests of time and the marketplace.
22nd March, 2014 (last edited: 26th March, 2014)
My first Chanel fragrance was Egoiste Concentree. I thought it was the best fragrance ever made, hands down. Nothing could top it and only some fragrances could only try to compete with it. Then I got a hold of Pour Monsieur Concentree and my allegiance changed. What PMC does is deliver a similar combination of notes but without the sweet floral accord. It is indeed more masculine. And after smelling both of these two greats one after the other, reversing the order and back, PMC wins. This is the fragrance I would take to the desert island.
31st December, 2013

Add your review of Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée

Shop for Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée products online

Search Amazon for Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée

Member images of Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée

There are no member images of Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée